Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Advance unto Hell

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
as a person who sympathizes on both sides

and someone who unfortunately had to watch from the sidelines

1. things could've been conducted better

2. please stop, we've done enough damage to our relations OOCly already, I can already see both sides of this argument are more hostile then necessary

3. this is no ones one fault, its everyones involvement, we all can understand that things could've been different, could've been conducted better

its just painful to look at both sides, both great people who ive worked with personally for better or for worse

refer to number two, its just tiring.
don't worry bud from what i can tell jak and i are having friendly discussion

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
On my phone so excuse errors I miss.

I don't think the staff decision was wrong not particularly right (of course, it went "my" way so I am inclined to think it is further right) but I think that this result was the best one for the most amount of people.

The main reason this wasn't organised/is because it wasn't planned at all. We turned up fully intending to join in the PvE as I find those events the best as there's no arguing if a minecraft zombie has died or killed you - there are mechanics and if you die you die(have been injured). It's a conflict-free conflict, which sounds odd but is really ideal.

Went a bit off track there so - we turned up without plans to cause trouble, but we were a bit late due to warwolf. We arrive to see the last few people disappear into the portal.

At this point, the plan to do something to the camp, although we're not sure what, is hatched - and I message staff asking if it's ok. After a rather lengthy IC discussion while we wait, we're given the go ahead.

Now there's only the one other path to take really, at least immediately, - that's "no, you're not allowed". This is probably a bit biased, but from my point of view, that leaves us four having shown up, had this great idea, and then left without doing much at all. I'm sure you know that having RP being limited or heavily effected by outside forces is one of the most annoying things (consent/revival/etc).

So really I believe staff took the best path - let us have in, let the people PvEing have fun and let everyone off with little harm. I spoke (typed?) a little quickly about the cannon thing - it was initially given the green light by lannis but then further discussion lead to other things, and it wasn't brought up again, because we realised it wouldn't really be in the spirit of things.

Anyway I'd say that considering that at least a few people had two characters defending the portal (A Moor and an Anhalder in some cases, others were present afaik), that really the argument about alts is moot - your two characters shouldn't be working together like that at all, certainly not that directly I'd think.

I do think there were some concerns, like I didn't personally like the argument that it was a staff build so it followed different rules about organising events to player builds (I understand cap built it my point is more about the regional ownership which is the servers/no-ones) I can't think about a better solution so I suppose it'll just have to suffice until another solution pops up.

I'm off to bed now so this'll be my final reply for about 12 hours (don't sleep that long got stuff in the morning).

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
i wasn't referring to dual alt moors or w/e we just have some more anhald characters who exist and a few moor characters who aren't in anhald at all

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
On my phone so excuse errors I miss.

I don't think the staff decision was wrong not particularly right (of course, it went "my" way so I am inclined to think it is further right) but I think that this result was the best one for the most amount of people.

The main reason this wasn't organised/is because it wasn't planned at all. We turned up fully intending to join in the PvE as I find those events the best as there's no arguing if a minecraft zombie has died or killed you - there are mechanics and if you die you die(have been injured). It's a conflict-free conflict, which sounds odd but is really ideal.

Went a bit off track there so - we turned up without plans to cause trouble, but we were a bit late due to warwolf. We arrive to see the last few people disappear into the portal.

At this point, the plan to do something to the camp, although we're not sure what, is hatched - and I message staff asking if it's ok. After a rather lengthy IC discussion while we wait, we're given the go ahead.

Now there's only the one other path to take really, at least immediately, - that's "no, you're not allowed". This is probably a bit biased, but from my point of view, that leaves us four having shown up, had this great idea, and then left without doing much at all. I'm sure you know that having RP being limited or heavily effected by outside forces is one of the most annoying things (consent/revival/etc).

So really I believe staff took the best path - let us have in, let the people PvEing have fun and let everyone off with little harm. I spoke (typed?) a little quickly about the cannon thing - it was initially given the green light by lannis but then further discussion lead to other things, and it wasn't brought up again, because we realised it wouldn't really be in the spirit of things.

Anyway I'd say that considering that at least a few people had two characters defending the portal (A Moor and an Anhalder in some cases, others were present afaik), that really the argument about alts is moot - your two characters shouldn't be working together like that at all, certainly not that directly I'd think.

I do think there were some concerns, like I didn't personally like the argument that it was a staff build so it followed different rules about organising events to player builds (I understand cap built it my point is more about the regional ownership which is the servers/no-ones) I can't think about a better solution so I suppose it'll just have to suffice until another solution pops up.

I'm off to bed now so this'll be my final reply for about 12 hours (don't sleep that long got stuff in the morning).
Moor characters offered assistance in terms of supplies, then left to go defend their own town. Given I RP one of the Moors, your thinking that they shouldn't be working together is wrong based on a large number of things. Mainly due to the fact that regardless of any conflict any characters have with each other, a portal that's spewing out creatures is more important than anything else.

I'm still going to try to look past what I believe to be a irresponsible way of handling a situation, and continue to focus on the fact that the event itself was great and the actual event part of it was fun for the people involved. Elz Thank you for doing everything involved with that. Never forget Anders. Mitch

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
i wasn't referring to dual alt moors or w/e we just have some more anhald characters who exist and a few moor characters who aren't in anhald at all
Ah cap directly named at least one so that's where my confusion arose.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Ironically the thing I was talking about as a joke (Luckily they got that) didn't happen at all - that would have been a far worse outcome wirth everyone inside the hell gate being either dead or MIA for a prolonged amount of time.
As for what said joke in our chat was:
Ever seen the Iris in Stargate? ;)

Luckily they got that it was just a joke.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Ironically the thing I was talking about as a joke (Luckily they got that) didn't happen at all - that would have been a far worse outcome wirth everyone inside the hell gate being either dead or MIA for a prolonged amount of time.
As for what said joke in our chat was:
Ever seen the Iris in Stargate? ;)

Luckily they got that it was just a joke.
You all forgot to bring Daniel along didn't you.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Wasn't personally there - And while OOC not really speaking against them going for it neither of my chars would have participated in that but given them a speech instead.
(Lucky for me my main only answers to the King ;) ) - However as both were not there, so yeah he couldn't Daniel :p

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Wasn't personally there - And while OOC not really speaking against them going for it neither of my chars would have participated in that but given them a speech instead.
(Lucky for me my main only answers to the King ;) ) - However as both were not there, so yeah he couldn't Daniel :p
Well I wasn't there at all either and don't care too much one way or the other. I just saw a chance for Stargate gif and took it xD