Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Cursed Plague

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The Wrath of Jishrim has been released upon New Stonefolk!
Several residents there unknowingly carry an infectious virus, ready and able to catch their unaware friends and family...
These people will be known as 'Carriers'. A few carriers of the disease will begin quite sick, but eventually progress to becoming immune- as all the carriers are.
To those the disease is spread to, I kindly ask you reference the details on the plague that have been released below.

Carriers:

Upon contracting the Plague, you would not notice anything for the first day.
Yet with the second day, Stage One would begin...

Stage One: The character would begin to experience a mild fever, along with mild nausea. Eating or drinking of any sort would simply make the upset tummy worse- althought they should be able to get through the day. As Stage One progresses, their fever would begin to make them hazy and impair their judgement. They may experience bouts of sneezing and coughing, causing a sore or dry throat and watery eyes. If the symptoms (And ultimately virus its self) are not combated, they will begin Stage Two in 3-7 In-Character days.
Potential contagious variables of Stage One include: Sharing of bodily fluids, and occasionally sharing of airspace. Not very contagious, but people in Stage One are also able to infect community water sources.

Stage Two: As their fever rises, they would become quite crippled. Everyday tasks would be done in a dizzy haze. This isn't helped by how they have to fight the urge for anything they swallow not to come back up. Those who are in Stage Two for too long may experience internal bleeding in their gastrointestinal tract (Very bad!!). The real danger in Stage Two is the excessively impaired judgement, victims of this sickness being unable to think straight in Stage Two. Someone would progress to Stage Three in 14-21 In-Character days... if they live that long.
Potential contagious variables of Stage Two include: Sharing of bodily fluids, prolonged physical contact, and sharing of airspace. Persons in Stage Two are also able to infect Animals, Stored Food, and Water sources.

Stage Three: Those who reach Stage Three would be rather.. miserable. Surprisingly, the nausea would fade- but they would have experienced the aforementioned internal bleeding by now and the dangerous symptom would continue. This may result in them occasionally spitting up blood.
Dizzyness, Hallucinations, Fever, and random spurts of unconciousness would be all familiar to those in Stage Three. They may find their hearing also impaired, and their mental capabilities absolute squat.
Potential contagious variables of Stage Three include: Sharing of bodily fluids, physical contact, sharing of airspace, sharing of bedding, sharing of materials/tools/items. Persons in Stage Three are also able to infect Animals, Stored Food, porous material, smaller sized rooms, and Water sources.

Remember! There is an "Infected" title you are able to use ingame. Simply type;
" /title use 17 "

A shout-out to L4D, which inspired the terminology. Go Team Jishrim!

Last edited:

Michcat

Reducing the symptoms greatly enough will allow your character to overcome the disease. Keep in mind that this effort becomes harder with each progressing stage of infection- if your character notices the infection in time!

Known Cure(s):
-As with all research, kindly send Michcat a convo to begin investigating :D
-If your symptoms are reduced lower from Stage One, roll a 1d20 once a day while this state lasts. If you score above a 10, your character has fought off the infection!
You are still able to get sick again, yet give yourself a modifier to take into account the mild immunity your characters body has built.
-It has been discovered that the infection spreads at a slower rate when the carrier is within a colder climate.
-

FAQ
Question. What will determine if someone is infected? Will a /roll be required?
I'd like to trust you guys to play it by ear. If you're rolling, roll a 1d20. You'd have a DC of 10 against a Stage One, 15 against a Stage Two, and 20 against a Stage Three. Yes, you'd need a natural 20.

If you check each stage of infection, there are several of the more-contagious and common ways of spreading the plague.

Quick get Doctor Mandovi on the case! @Squidziod
Anyone who gets close enough to research this thing is getting infected, no excuses :p

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Well, since logins are down for me, im ago play a round of Flood I. Halo 4 Matchmaking to get into the mood :p

Michcat

Question. What will determine if someone is infected? Will a /roll be required?
I'd like to trust you guys to play it by ear. If you're rolling, roll a 1d20. You'd have a DC of 10 against a Stage One, 15 against a Stage Two, and 20 against a Stage Three. Yes, you'd need a natural 20.

If you check each stage of infection, there are several of the more-contagious and common ways of spreading the plague.

Quick get Doctor Mandovi on the case! @Squidziod
Anyone who gets close enough to research this thing is getting infected, no excuses :p