Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Cursed Plague

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Ahem~

What's the farthest someone can be for the "Shared airspace" infection to happen?
Breathing on your face or near your face. basically close enough to be breathing each others breaths.. ick

And yes, across the road is very silly!

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Well, for something to happen ICly, you must first put some ooc thaught into right?
Do you want me to delete the convo and just stop then? I don't really see the issue of it. No meta-gaming or OP is happening whatsoever. It is OOC planning for the future, it may not even happen.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
The Church of the Golden Hammer forbid Jirishim Worship at the same day it was founded - And we were totally right in doing so >>.

But a plague....

... is not amused.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Anyone who gets close enough to research this thing is getting infected, no excuses :p
The way I understand it, at the third stage, coming into physical contact with an area the infected individual has also come into contact with result in the transmission of the pathogen, this including the small area of air in circulation for the person. But if one is wearing gloves to prevent physical contact and effectively airtight masks to prevent transmission through air would they still get infected?

I am not implying that such amenities should be able to withstand this disease, I don't know. I do know that a bio hazard suit would be able to and I do know that a simple 'airtight' mask and leather gloves wouldn't be able to stand up to the worst. So I ask, just how infectious is this pathogen? For the way I understand it, thick gloves and masks would prevent transmission since you neither breathe nor touch the pathogen. Am I correct, or does your rule still apply?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The way I understand it, at the third stage, coming into physical contact with an area the infected individual has also come into contact with result in the transmission of the pathogen, this including the small area of air in circulation for the person. But if one is wearing gloves to prevent physical contact and effectively airtight masks to prevent transmission through air would they still get infected?

I am not implying that such amenities should be able to withstand this disease, I don't know. I do know that a bio hazard suit would be able to and I do know that a simple 'airtight' mask and leather gloves wouldn't be able to stand up to the worst. So I ask, just how infectious is this pathogen? For the way I understand it, thick gloves and masks would prevent transmission since you neither breathe nor touch the pathogen. Am I correct, or does your rule still apply?
Gloves are porous. If they're so thick this is negated, you would have a hard time (if possible) moving your hands/fingers.
Airtight masks mean you cannot breath.

:D I agree completely that a biohazard suit would stop infection. Its a shame Altera doesn't possess plastic or synthetic materials!
You are correct. If you neither breath or touch the pathogen, you won't get infected. However, if you aren't breathing the air you're not breathing and will most likely fall unconcious and/or suffocate. Additionally, if you cannot touch the pathogen, you're too far away to research it/encased in a solid glass box (Which brings me back to that pesky 'suffocation' problem...)

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
If we summon Jishrim again, maybe we'll bring the meat curse back.

Oh man the meat curse.