Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Invisible Bovine Monster (International Incidents)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Good day, though it may not last

You leave no further choice then. Last chance. If you demand this again or assault Volopia in any way, nuclear missiles shall launch upon you and, as inniative, poor defenseless Duringa. You have been warned...

...again.

Aaand no longer sinceraly,
[REDACTED]

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
*An red-faced, angry man wearing a ten gallon hat appears on the screen*

Listen, ya stupid kid. Ya dun wanna fight Argen' Aurum. We'd blow ya face off, or my name ain't Handcannon Jim! Ya think we're scared of ya nukes? Please!

*the image cuts to some complicated device, spinning on its mount*

Tha' there's our Missile Dee-fence Unit. Shoots down nukes like that. *snaps fingers*

Ya gone poked the bull, idiot. Now ye're gettin' the horns!

- Handcannon Jim, CEO Jim's Genuine Handcannon Warehouse.

*Non-nuclear Trade Sanctionator missiles launch preemptively from Argent Aurum, falling towards Volopia's most densely populated cities. At the same time, millions of soldiers mobilize from the NSK and begin transportation to Mechanica Rationalis. The marching armies are accompanied by missile defence units, protecting them from nukes, not to mention the whole of Mechanica Rationalis in the way, which is bristling with similar autonomous radition-shielded drones capable of anti-missile fire.*

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
And then, it happens. For a brief moment, everything was silent. They whatched what they could, knowing nothing could stop it. The human population of Mechanica Rationlis saw the news report that morning. World-feared Volopian Espionage stroke any and all anti-air guns they could find within a mile of the capital. The missile flew, screaming along its set in stone path to the doomed site. Singing its evil song...singing...

...and the Songbird sings...

(To clarrify, Volopia just launched nuclear missile Songbird on the MR capital. Specially designed to be slow enough to whatch a few moments in horror, explode unclearly even if shot, and sing a horrific pitched note.)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
*And nothing happened, because the capital is a mile underground. Whoop dee doo.

In retaliation for the rather useless strike and for putting an ugly crater in the desert, MR nukes flew from disguised silos in the mountains, falling towards Volopia. At the same time, the 50+ Trade Sanctionators hit, having flown uninterrupted. Volopia's largest cities are heavily damaged, and their defensive capability is gone. From more hidden entrances in the mountains, hundreds of thousands of Crawlers leave the reserve supply and join up with the rapidly approaching army headed for Volopia. The Volopian Espionage agents will find no quarter. Their faces are known, thanks to the autonomous and intelligent drones they sabotaged being in constant contact with the CloudMind.*

(BTW, everything I'm doing has been long-established as possible for a fair while.)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
And war erupts. Threw with screwing with all the trouble, Volopia launches another Songbird on the Duringan capital and sucres it easily. Enslaving thousands, Displace uses its auxiliary forces to sucure the Ghastly Wasteland (which your army must go through unless they want a real doomsday of a war.) Borders close, martial law instills, and special forces begin Operation Ending...

...but of course, that's a story for another day.

(Also, it wasnt totally useless. All surface infastructure is decimated, and the radiation. No human can enter or leave the capital and the ones already there are dead in a month. This went from an epidemic, to a war. All your fault Duringa >:[. Also shrimpsy, at a little Volopian flag in the corner of yours since we technically rule your capital. It's not perminant, just as long as we rule. Do issues and stud as you always would, but IC your mine!)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
And war erupts. Threw with screwing with all the trouble, Volopia launches another Songbird on the Duringan capital and sucres it easily. Enslaving thousands, Displace uses its auxiliary forces to sucure the Ghastly Wasteland (which your army must go through unless they want a real doomsday of a war.) Borders close, martial law instills, and special forces begin Operation Ending...

...but of course, that's a story for another day.

(Also, it wasnt totally useless. All surface infastructure is decimated, and the radiation. No human can enter or leave the capital and the ones already there are dead in a month. This went from an epidemic, to a war. All your fault Duringa >:[. Also shrimpsy, at a little Volopian flag in the corner of yours since we technically rule your capital. It's not perminant, just as long as we rule. Do issues and stud as you always would, but IC your mine!)
(Yeah, it was useless. The MR capital is literally under at least a mile of solid rock. Even if you knew where it was coughmetagamingcough you still wouldn't be able to do anything to it because it's incredibly heavily guarded. On top of that, MR couldn't care less about the human population it has. On top of even that, you shot at a desert. Nobody lives there. You just made a nice glass crater. There was nothing on the surface to start with.)

*The MR nukes, once again flying uninterrupted, land, glassing Volopia's damaged cities and obliterating factories, military bases, and farms.

Ignoring the Wasteland due to the low speed travelling through would cause, the armies instead board the MR Navy, featuring ships the size of islands and multiple autonomous robotic submarines, defended by the gigantic Baronland Airforce. The Navy begins approaching Volopia by the sea, bombarding the coast and suppressing any possible enemies with the airforce. The human forces safe on their way, the Crawlers and a solid 3000 Camel tanks, accompanied by UAVs and Reanimator Drones, continue into the swamp unhindered.

At the same time, the CloudMind begins a concentrated cyber-assault on Volopia, its incredible computational power quickly shattering firewalls and encryption algorithms. The CloudMind connects with Argent Aurum's own significant computer network, boosting its power. Volopian defense networks begin failing, missiles launch straight up and fall on top of their silos, traffic lights go haywire, factories grind their gears and begin to run in reverse, and gigabytes of confidential files go missing. Along with that, the financial records of Volopia are deleted along with their backups. Volopia is literally penniless, has no missiles, no food, few factories, a shattered military, and has a fearsome army, navy, and airforce swiftly approaching.*

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(Remember the other thing I threatened before you deleted my blackmail data?)

And as he taps into what he takes as espionage files, surges runs through the nearly impenitrable systems. Several programs corrupt, AIs go on rogue rampages, and the capital has a complet blackout for three minutes solid. Somthing has entered the place machines call home. Somthing...called Virus.

(All goes as I plan OOC, Cloudmind a few others barely escape in a daring action and Virus attaches himself into the empty hole left, taking control of the capital and the military. From there MR and Volopia may have to work together to survive, all depends on how it goes.)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(So your just straight up leaving? Well I won't argue that it's slightly unrealistic, but that's why it's fun! I won't try to stop you, but all actions since the invasion which now covers 36% of Duringa are now just consider talk show predictions. Feel free to come back, as of now you have IC been considered to have just excluded yourself.)

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
.(Also shrimpsy, at a little Volopian flag in the corner of yours since we technically rule your capital. It's not perminant, just as long as we rule. Do issues and stud as you always would, but IC your mine!)
(Technically, Durjinga doesn't have a capital, as when the issue came up, I said no single city should represent our nation.

As for Baron leaving, I believe it was due to OP from both sides. When war was declared, it already started as a full-out nuclear war, Baron somehow managed to decimate a few of Volopia's cities, while somehow you managed to break through MR's impregnable computer defenses, installing a virus. This has gotten completely out of hand.)

(All your fault Duringa >:[)
(I really believe you only have yourself to blame there for threatining my awesome hippie land!

And now, I think I'll pull Baron over here with a quote, and then we see if we can fit a comprosmise here somewhere.
Nope. I'm done. This is just silly. Enjoy your RP.
)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(As my explanation for the nuclear assault, they actually launched thirst missile As a test for their AA guns, by angry red faced guy, by the time it was shot down Songbird I was already on countdown. And in response to the Virus such, WE didn't instill it as we had no way to get in their massive systems. But when CLOUDMIND hacked into OUR system, Virus inserted HIMSELF, we never intended to actualy even use it. It was put under a sucure firewall because we couldn't control it, but when a certain SOMONE hacked meh system... Oh, and by the way, the flag thing is void as of his leaving.)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(Hey shrimp, do you want this war to actually go on or do you want it to end? Really at a standstill with the RP.)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
(I left because it was getting ridiculous. That last move of mine was a nice big "No, I'm done now." with no actual RP intent. You can't just decide to blow up an entire army in one go. You try that on the server, people are going to be falling over themselves to tell you that you can't do that. Powergaming is just not fun to play against.)

matyio

The original mute
Ray, this is some of the worst power gaming in the modern time period I've seen in a long time. For one thing while cloud mind hacked your system, he didnt expose himself directly. What he would have done is directed lesser machines that he could isolate instantly if the need arised. The nukes would have left everyone fretting, even the machines baron, why I hear you ask. Well, nukes are so powerful that if enough go off no matter your radiation shielding the planet will cease to operate, ever heard of a nuclear winter? Cause that's what would happen now, form this rp. So basically now because of this incident everyone is barely surviving. Time to use a bit of sci fi trickery and declare where ts happened. Tis happened in an alternate reality, start again from BEFORE the war if you wish, and if you go to war this time, don't go straight to nukes.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
So, reflecting on the events of this thread, I would decide that this RP is pretty much done.

While it's not necessarily too bad to use nuclear warfare, it is, as said by matyio, very powerful, and should be used as a last defence measure, not to start a war. Also, both the Virus infecting Cloudmind and trained assassins taking out Durjingan characters were a bit... powerful.

So, as a conclusion, as said earlier, I think it's reasonable to let this thread die, with some sort of compromising ending: No war was initated, the assassins have killed a few people of importance, and Cloudmind was never infected, along with the disease among the cows being under control again.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
(We'll end as it began: with power gaming.)

Pending a nuclear apocalypse, Sincronia has poured all its funding into a space exploration program.

All nations wishing to survive are asked to board our space vessels, one vessel for each nation. The vessels do not possess weapons systems, though they do possess shielding capabilities, and cannot attack each other.

Researchers in Sincronia have discovered a new planet that appears to be an exact replica of the Republic of Hollowworld as of one year ago, just before the Invisible Bovine Monster appeared in the nation of Volopia. This planet will be the destination of the space fleet.

Sincronia, and others, if they so please, will offer assassination services to all peoples wishing to take the place of their replica selves, though negotiation with said replicas is advised before assassinations are attempted.

Thank you for your time, and may we all live to see a brighter, more prosperous future than we created here!

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(One simple questan before anything else is done. Does anyone WANT this thread to continue? If not, we just go with a non-op ending, like a cure was found before the war and the tension disapated, and we all go home and have some nice coffee and donuts.)

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
(This thread must end. We've reset everything as if everything in this thread never happened.
If you want to re-make a case of the Invisible Bovine Monster, fine, but we should probably come up with some other RP scenario to avoid repeating ourselves.
In any case, all new scenarios should be put into a new thread so that we are clearly not continuing the RP from this one.)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
(Ill wait until tomorrow if at the strike of twelve no one has said they want this, it shall be

~{OFFICIALLY CLOSED}~

so yea, I nominate Duringa for the next International Incident.)

Status
Not open for further replies.