Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The King is Merciful [IC Letter and Public Notice]

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
To the cowering dogs

God is great, and a true king is a pious king. Be grateful, curs, for the Lightbringer's path to order is not paved solely by blood. Our current armistice is but a temporary peace, and a final solution must be sought. The true king will forgive those who beg forgiveness for their crimes and will make peace with those who come to seek it. But those who refuse peace and hide away from the light of justice obstruct the path to order and truth, and will be dealt with with righteous force. The following criminals, or those who remain alive, are summoned to the city of Haven on the 30th of Truebirth:

Lord Laerornor of the Grey Isle
Lord Daeron Eldrin
Admiral Alexander Wise, of Seven Warships
Commodore Kharn ‘Stormbringer’ Sicarus
Commander Rex Lonmar
Commander Vaeril Semori
Commander Dayter Arretez of the Rangers
Jaden Seeker, of the Rangers
Scribe-Sentinel Kethron Dramaign, of the Hospitallers
Eltsir Alcantra, of the Mortal Accord
Nikolche of Tambry
Procurator Omriel Usuyl, of the Hospitallers
Lord Illthilior Athrendu
Lord James McGuffin of the Merchants’ Guild of Altera
Doctor Ater Impes of Nirawyr

Lady Ashna of the Grey Isle
Beg pardon for your sins and find peace, or perish in the flames of God. Praise be upon They. Praise be upon King Peter the First.

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The smithing guild being included is a misprint from Glados's initial letter. Disregard.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Why is Roy on this again? He literally did nothing in the war.
Edit: Just saw Rygan's post, I'm a miscreant and will stay in the corner of shame.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Also, since this has been a problem within our past few attempts:

This is a genuine attempt to end the war. No tricks, no catch. Not gonna Red Wedding anyone or anything of that sort, but if we're attacked by anyone who comes then we'll respond in turn.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
You might have better luck just asking for an OOC resolution to the war, since I see very little reason for either side to logically back down IC and the war is going no where. The war will not end when your best attempt at a truce is telling everyone they are criminals who need to submit to your kingdom's judgement. That's just not how it works.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
You might have better luck just asking for an OOC resolution to the war, since I see very little reason for either side to logically back down IC and the war is going no where. The war will not end when your best attempt at a truce is telling everyone they are criminals who need to submit to your kingdom's judgement. That's just not how it works.
ICly they lost 16 men first battle and we lost 2. They put everything they had in the first wave and staff deemed anyone who's died can't fight for the same side again. OOCly we're fine with continuing the war, but I've been getting PMs saying a lot of folks want individual, personal ways out, so here it is. I'd appreciate if no one not Cap or I responded so this doesn't blow out of proportion into a salty train.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
It's how it worked in Medieval times, when this roleplay is set.
No it's not. Never in the history of the world has an opposing foreign force backed off because their enemy said they were criminals and needed to repent.

You keep assuming everyone is under Anhald, and that the war is peasants vs nobility. It's not, it's a bunch of ideologies waging a war over the whole land, and something as silly as trying to make the other ideology fear you and admit they are the criminals would never work. This server is not /set in medieval times/, it's set in altera. A completely different land where the gods directly influence things, rather than an all powerful church telling you what is and isn't holy. Which invalidates anything anyone has to say about their interpretation of the gods IC, including peter's words about the gods he states in this announcement. Not to mention how blatantly wrong your assumption is. Did the crusades end because someone said "Bow before me because I know god and you're all criminals!"? No, they didn't.

ICly they lost 16 men first battle and we lost 2. They put everything they had in the first wave and staff deemed anyone who's died can't fight for the same side again. OOCly we're fine with continuing the war, but I've been getting PMs saying a lot of folks want individual, personal ways out, so here it is. I'd appreciate if no one not Cap or I responded so this doesn't blow out of proportion into a salty train.
I'm not going to argue about the value of the outcomes in that battle, because the battle and outcome itself was riddled with inaccuracies about medieval warfare and constructs. Along side server rules being bent by staff. Many things were decided OOCly, and some of those decisions were ignorant. Had the IC actions been the same with different OOC decisions, the entire premise of they lost 16 men and you losing 2 could be flipped.

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
why didn't you jut make it a private discussion?
I meant to only your post. It's rather inflammatory and likely to bait responses from dudes in our faction.

IC is IC. If folks want to tell us to fuck off IC they can go ahead - OOC we're chill and having a great time.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend

It has come to the attention to the Emperor-King Rex Chevalier of Lonmar, Archduke of Anarchy, Lord of Frostwood Watch, Former Lord Commander of the Chevaliers, Former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, Former Admiral of the Royal Navy, Former Lord of Moonrise, Former High Commissioner of Lonmar, the eponymous founder of the Kingdom of Rex, that the false "King" Peter the First, has unwisely dubbed his Eminence "a criminal", a word that certainly bears considerable gravity, gravity of which O'Kingdom does not take lightly. Generous and fair(ly cruel) man that he is, O'Kingdom would like to extend His own compliments to Peter the First, concerning his marvelous ability to scour the lands for the finest men that inhabit it, and to succinctly list them in a letter that has a charming disregard for euphemism. Indubitably, Peter the First possesses no quarrels with exercising and displaying his king-worthy powers.

Alas, even a bold and illustrious ruler such as Peter the First pales in the glory of that of O'Kingdom, who, in His eternal benevolence, blesses the lands with his engilding rays of light that emanate from his chiseled form. To the misfortune of Peter the First, Emperor-King Rex Chevalier of Lonmar, Archduke of Anarchy, Lord of Frostwood Watch, Former Lord Commander of the Chevaliers, Former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, Former Admiral of the Royal Navy, Former Lord of Moonrise, Former High Commissioner of Lonmar, the eponymous founder of the Kingdom of Rex has found himself slighted by Peter the First's floccinaucinihilipilification of O'Kingdom's domain and His allies.

Thus, as with any pest, it must be promptly eradicated, under the merciless sabaton of O'Kingdom.
His Eminence denies the date set fourth, and generously interprets the futile attempt of Peter the First commanding O'Kingdom to abide to it as pure jest, rather than what might belie an insult.
His Eminence instructs that they meet on the date provided, ten years in the future. Lest Peter the First fails to follow the Emperor-King Rex Chevalier of Lonmar, Archduke of Anarchy, Lord of Frostwood Watch, Former Lord Commander of the Chevaliers, Former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, Former Admiral of the Royal Navy, Former Lord of Moonrise, Former High Commissioner of Lonmar, the eponymous founder of the Kingdom of Rex's writ, he will be driven beyond these lands in permanent exile, or perhaps find himself without a head.

___
The Emperor-King Rex Chevalier of Lonmar, Archduke of Anarchy, Lord of Frostwood Watch, Former Lord Commander of the Chevaliers, Former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, Former Admiral of the Royal Navy, Former Lord of Moonrise, Former High Commissioner of Lonmar, the eponymous founder of the Kingdom of Rex has provided a brief telling of His history below.

The Kingdom of Rex was formed when a hobo dragging a chest of explosives stumbled into an abandoned throneroom which O' Kingdom occupied. The mysterious explosive bearing hobo inquired why O'Kingdom sat on the throne. At that moment, O'Kingdom and his wise attendants Nwalme Fuvur and Aewin established the Kingdom of Rex. It was not long after that the Kingdom of Rex entered a state of perpetual prosperity, bringing profitable chaos and carnage to all. The seat of power of the Kingdom of Rex has a beautiful landscape like no other, with grandiose tendrils of corruption interweaving through the land. It also bears a unique style of architecture, one that involves using roofs and walls that appear half blown off. Truly symbolic of O'Kingdom's power. The Kingdom of Rex levies no taxes, only a small monthly fee that ensures O'Kingdom himself does not rend one asunder. This is only fair, as Emperor-King Rex does not discriminate, since He requests the fees from those even outside his sublime Kingdom. Those who sensibly associate themselves with O'Kingdom will find themselves without fear, for Rex and his champions are here (those who do not are nowhere near, for they worry for themselves and those they hold dear).

Emperor-King Rex Chevalier of Lonmar, Archduke of Anarchy, Lord of Frostwood Watch, Former Lord Commander of the Chevaliers, Former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, Former Admiral of the Royal Navy, Former Lord of Moonrise, Former High Commissioner of Lonmar, the eponymous founder of the Kingdom of Rex, traces his royal lineage all the way back to a proud group of well loved and powerful Orphan Assassins. Emperor King Rex has rightful reign over any sapient creature, due to his dragonblood, archangel wings, godly strength, impeccably good looks, tiger pace, and unattainable intelligence. Wherefore, why should one bother with the numerous gods and their bothersome summonings when one can have a single God, the almighty Rex, who himself is the embodiment of the Kingdom. We beseech thee, O' Kingdom, to bestow us with your eminent reign.

Emperor-King Rex does not find hell amusing, only the prospect of his enemies burning in it. Join his eminence, submit to omniscient power of his Kingdom, and accept he is the one and true sovereign over all.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I meant to only your post. It's rather inflammatory and likely to bait responses from dudes in our faction.

IC is IC. If folks want to tell us to fuck off IC they can go ahead - OOC we're chill and having a great time.
Ah I understand, editing that.

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Feels bad when icly saying he'd think about it and then is put on list without directly saying oocly or icly that he wants to participate
;*(

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
this thread is already giving me a headache because people want to oocly argue about things that happened months ago lmao why does this always happen

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I don't think this criticism and arguable hostility is warranted, Padragin.

I get there might be distaste for Anhald as a collective whole, but this is them putting their best foot forward in an effort to end the war for those that have expressed interest in exactly that. In the mean time, it's still generating circumstantial RP and giving a reasonable alternative to removing yourself from the conflict on the IC side of things. This is Cap and Rygan taking the initiative to try to please folk that have put desires forward, while staying true to their characters and not skirting around the lingering effects that the war would have. You're right, this isn't medieval times; likewise, I don't think there's anything wrong with them doing this.

Just take it with a grain of salt, let it happen. IC is IC and RP is RP, what happens now is entirely up to those that have been mentioned. Not trying to be confrontational with you, but it's about time some of the tensions on the server start getting smoothed out, eh?