Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The King is Merciful [IC Letter and Public Notice]

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think this criticism and arguable hostility is warranted, Padragin.

I get there might be distaste for Anhald as a collective whole, but this is them putting their best foot forward in an effort to end the war for those that have expressed interest in exactly that. In the mean time, it's still generating circumstantial RP and giving a reasonable alternative to removing yourself from the conflict on the IC side of things. This is Cap and Rygan taking the initiative to try to please folk that have put desires forward, while staying true to their characters and not skirting around the lingering effects that the war would have. You're right, this isn't medieval times; likewise, I don't think there's anything wrong with them doing this.

Just take it with a grain of salt, let it happen. IC is IC and RP is RP, what happens now is entirely up to those that have been mentioned. Not trying to be confrontational with you, but it's about time some of the tensions on the server start getting smoothed out, eh?
I'm absolutely fine with their actions, IC is IC. I'm just trying to be realistic and reminding them that even if they OOCly want the war to end or go on hold, the way their characters are acting, it would be entirely unrealistic for everyone to just give it up. I'd be severely disappointed in everyone involved if the war just stopped because everyone got sick of it OOCly, and one side changed how they would logically act for the sake of the current event chain. I'm not trying to be hostile, but I am definitely being critical. Because this kind of stuff has happened so many times. A huge war breaks out, and then once it gets to finally going somewhere, it get's shut down due to OOC reasonings, and nothing changes from before the war started.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
While I'm about to head to bed right now, calm the salt and dont let me wake up to having to sift through arguments (or any other staff).

Just when I'm being reminded how great the community is, I dont think this is necessary.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
This isn't going to work for most people simply based on the language and demands made. That is fact. It isn't going to cause an end to conflict or make factions more willing to join Anhald. In fact, threads like these cause more tension and hostility in and out of character every time they're posted, with some people having already told me that Anhald's behavior makes them not wish play on HW anymore.

That said, arguing over whether or not whoever is being an asshole is completely inappropriate on this thread and as the founder of the opposing faction originally, it disappoints me highly. However I am at least glad to see no members of the coalition seem to be causing argument here.

There is no reason to argue over this thread when the problem goes beyond just this thread. Make conversations and COMMUNICATE if you have issues with how things are put together on either side, and work out an agreement. Rygan is always willing to hear complaints and concerns when they're not just needless vitriol.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I think it's fair to say that criticism is no longer welcomed or seen as useful by those being criticised. Anhald has done something in this thread that is 100% IC. At least a few of them are fine with the war continuing, but they're trying to accommodate an outcome based on the OOC wishes of the people involved. They're not sacrificing character integrity to do this. If that rustles your jimmies, then relearn how to differentiate between roleplay and real life.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
This isn't going to work for most people simply based on the language and demands made. That is fact. It isn't going to cause an end to conflict or make factions more willing to join Anhald. In fact, threads like these cause more tension and hostility in and out of character every time they're posted, with some people having already told me that Anhald's behavior makes them not wish play on HW anymore.
No one in Anhald cares if the war ends or continues. We basically won it in a single siege. The reason I am trying to end it is because I see complaints on the forums and in game about the war continuing, and some people are just confused about it. Realistically, if I wanted to be true to my character and to the abilities Anhald has demonstrated, this letter would say 'cower in fear because I am burning down all your regions for daring to attack me, and you can't do jack'. But it isn't, because that's just going to make folks salty. I've sacrificed enough of my character to propose peace at all, so try and get over harsh wording and realize that I could be much, much worse.. And by the way, if you get upset because you lost a fight on a roleplay server, maybe you shouldn't play a combat character or not gotten involved in the first place.

That said, arguing over whether or not whoever is being an asshole is completely inappropriate on this thread and as the founder of the opposing faction originally, it disappoints me highly. However I am at least glad to see no members of the coalition seem to be causing argument here. There is no reason to argue over this thread when the problem goes beyond just this thread. Make conversations and COMMUNICATE if you have issues with how things are put together on either side, and work out an agreement. Rygan is always willing to hear complaints and concerns when they're not just needless vitriol.
IMHO you, as the artist former known as Tennand, have every right to bring your complaints and arguments to me as leader of the opposing faction. What I don't take kindly to is third parties, previously uninvolved, telling me how to roleplay my character realistically when what I'm trying to do is end an OOC conflict, which is what this has devolved into.

maybe i will do this
i think i must
"you guys are looking for the other guy. the book halt"
As I told whoever plays Septimus in OOC chat yesterday, if you're wrongly named on the list, blame the masterful mind of Glados and just talk it out. Ignis worshipers love truth and order and aren't going to murder you because Glados pulled some goofs and gafs.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Yea, I just couldn't be assed to figure out who is alive and dead.

If you died in the fight, tell me on this thread so I can remove you.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Khorug the Dwarf wasn't involved in anyway, and pretty sure all of Aeroch Rimtar's Dwarves were killed throughout the fighting, AND you guys kind of personally #rekt the Dogs xD

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Since you participated in the war and died and are prevented from further IC participation in the war, I'd assume yes.
What about those that were injured to the point where they almost died and had a long recovery?

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
What about those that were injured to the point where they almost died and had a long recovery?
I think it is only death. Otherwise war would continue forever, until settled via diplomacy. It is so you cannot revive and come fight oncemore.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
The original destinction and cutoff was death. So if you were maimed and eventually healed (which I'm surprised could be done in so short a time), there is nothing stopping you from jumping back into the fray.

Now this could be a mute point given that the war could end with this meeting. At least individually.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
My char isn't addressed here and has no idea about this letter even existing, but if he would have THIS would be Bolvar's thoughts: