Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Mary-Sue test

dogbew

Lord of Altera
Just something interesting i found on the internet a while ago, and i don't see a thread for it here.
http://www.unc.edu/~jemarti/marysuetest/
The mary sue test is a very good way to tell if your character has any of the cliche's that tend to make up a bad character, when making a character you may consider taking a look over this and made some edits/changes if your character scores badly.
I myself got a 19 for Kraven Hawklight, which is pretty good i suppose. How do you score on this scale?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Just something interesting i found on the internet a while ago, and i don't see a thread for it here.
http://www.unc.edu/~jemarti/marysuetest/
The mary sue test is a very good way to tell if your character has any of the cliche's that tend to make up a bad character, when making a character you may consider taking a look over this and made some edits/changes if your character scores badly.
I myself got a 19 for Kraven Hawklight, which is pretty good i suppose. How do you score on this scale?
I got 8. Why am I so normal?

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I got a 4 for Landir. #ApparentlyUnderstated
I went and this again for my 4 year running character.
Courier: 16

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I got docked a lot of points for things that I couldn't control like the scars Joshua got on his arms from evocation, or things other characters did to him ;_;

-5, edgy anti-hero level.

Obviously this is designed for when you're the author that can control every aspect of the character, but it's still fun :p

dogbew

Lord of Altera
I got docked a lot of points for things that I couldn't control like the scars Joshua got on his arms from evocation, or things other characters did to him ;_;

Obviously this is designed for when you're the author that can control every aspect of the character, but it's still fun :p
Some things can be understood as this is an rp environment, rather than a novel environment (as the test is designed for).

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
I got a
11-25: Your character is well-balanced. He or she has enough distinctive traits to stand out, but he or she also has some flaws. Although he or she has won some victories and accomplished some goals, the world doesn't bend to his or her will, and other characters treat him or her realistically. You probably don't need to worry about this character at all.

for Rose

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I think a wonderful lesson could be achieved by having others rate your character for you. There's a high level of possible subconscious "fixing" that can happen when you know you're looking for a certain result. As per an example, I got a total of 2. However, some questions I could possibly see people checking for my character when I didn't, and could likely raise my score... or maybe lower it.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Arthorius Arcturus Du Lavoyarde, born in the purple, King of the Frenchmen and Blade of the Sun,

has scored 65 on the test

Im however annoyed that the test managed to evade a good amount of points that couldbe lowered my scored considerably.
Then again, it doesn't take into account that most of my score was worked for and built upon by my first character and his family. 'Not my fault if Arthorius was born in the purple! xD

captureskype2.JPG

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
How did I score a -4?!

She is special :c

Edit: I know I have posted twice, but just can not get over it.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

@Deash12 and I were arguing whether to include stuff that was part of the lore (the Exoduses, for instance, give you three whole points!)

I got a 21 for Som~ She's apparently well-balanced~

dogbew

Lord of Altera
@Deash12 and I were arguing whether to include stuff that was part of the lore (the Exoduses, for instance, give you three whole points!)

I got a 21 for Som~ She's apparently well-balanced~
I myself put in everything that my character has currently, including some battle scars and whatnot that he did not start with, but gained over time. I suppose my idea behind it was that even a well rounded character at the start can eventually become a mary-sue through roleplay.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I myself put in everything that my character has currently, including some battle scars and whatnot that he did not start with, but gained over time. I suppose my idea behind it was that even a well rounded character at the start can eventually become a mary-sue through roleplay.
Yep. I think Som would have started on the lower end of well-balanced (or the high-end of understated), but I ended up caving to him and adding in the RP stuff. Was interesting to take an objective look at her flaws.

"Has your character ever ignored a problem in the hopes that it would go away?"
"..."

...... *clicks*