Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Norvägen - Q&A

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Eh- or AE

AE is basically the danish Ä (Ä is basically a darker E form i guess)
I feel offended that everyone always says the A with the dots on it's an ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ

or EH
http://translate.google.com/#sv/en/Ä

the google translate knows better just listen to that it sorta sounds like that...but more badass since we're swedes *flexes nonexistant muscles*
I feel offended when people think Denmark uses Ä and corrects others saying that they use it... And that people think /Å/ is AE.... When it's AA....
:c

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Also question...

How strong would the Norvägen military be.... And what would its focus points be?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Also question...

How strong would the Norvägen military be.... And what would its focus points be?
At the moment, there is no strictly organised military, due to the chaos before and after the Sacking of Stormhold, buuut that does not make the Norvägen utterly helpless in the combat sense; many know how to fight, and many have done so before. Many would do so again without great regret if they had to.

How strong? Well, I wouldn't want to fight 'em if they feel strongly about something.

Their discipline is actually surprisingly apt, due to the huuuge focus on loyalty, however you wouldn't catch them marching in perfect, prettified legions. To them, war is a terrible, occasional necessity, not a game or opportunity to show off.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
"And destroy eachother"

*starts a small fire and wanders of to the corn fields with a frying pan in one hand*

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Another question

How would a intern conflict be handled? Like for example: Someone begins to murder some of the norvägens and he is a norvägen himself...

And another again...

How would a civil war be handled? Like for example: Some of the norvägens began rebeling or something along that.... What would they do?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Another question

How would a intern conflict be handled? Like for example: Someone begins to murder some of the norvägens and he is a norvägen himself...

And another again...

How would a civil war be handled? Like for example: Some of the norvägens began rebeling or something along that.... What would they do?
As for comparatively minor instances of murder and the like, the standard ramifications would apply. I'm still working on Law for Avanor, so look out for that. :)

As for the latter, you have to understand that the likelihood of them rebelling against their Jarl is almost ridiculously low.
"You cannot conquer the Norvägen, you may only convince them to follow you."

Throughout history, the Jarl is the one with the duty to the people, not the other way around. It is a mutual sense of loyalty and respect that has endured for a very, very long time.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
As for comparatively minor instances of murder and the like, the standard ramifications would apply. I'm still working on Law for Avanor, so look out for that. :)

As for the latter, you have to understand that the likelihood of them rebelling against their Jarl is almost ridiculously low.
"You cannot conquer the Norvägen, you may only convince them to follow you."

Throughout history, the Jarl is the one with the duty to the people, not the other way around. It is a mutual sense of loyalty and respect that has endured for a very, very long time.
Yes, but you may also know that there will /always/ be someone who oppose or stray away from the system, but thanks for the answer^^

ACU20

Legend of Altera
I feel offended when people think Denmark uses Ä and corrects others saying that they use it... And that people think /Å/ is AE.... When it's AA....
:c

Well then excuse me you don't have a loose concept of a swede called the swedish chef. ;D