Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheWonderProject's Application (Approved - Paint)

Jordyn

Villager
. What is your Minecraft username?
TheWonderProject
2. How old are you?
14 years
3. What country are you from?
United States
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?Metagaming, for example, is when a player reveals that they know information that their character (logically) would not know or be aware of. Powergaming is when a player sets their sights on one specific end result and forgoes the actual role playing in favor of pursuing said goal.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1
8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi! My name's TheWonderProject (Most call me Wonder) but in real life my name is Jordyn. I love to read and write, especially fantasy and fiction. I also love to act and sing, and my favorite style of music is Broadway Soundtracks. My favorite musical is either Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat or Aladdin.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do have a few books that are partially written, but i don't have them finish so I will decline to share them. Sorry!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was not referred by anyone, but I found this server after looking up fantasy roleplay servers on Google.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Evvie Passemier (Pronounced Ev-e Passeh-Myer)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Darkly tanned skin, green eyes and hair. She dresses in a green tunic, brown boots and pants and has a reddish-brown cloak. She is thin and has long fingers, which are considered inventor's hands. Her eyes are friendly but sharp, as though she misses nothing.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No available picture

Written Test!
As the sun rose over a teeming city in the North, one girl lay awake, watching the mechanized moon and stars that shifted rotations on her ceiling. The soft whirring noise the sun made when it rose should have been the thing to rouse her, not horrible dreams and guilt. Now, watching the sun make its way reminded her that her mother had made them for her, many years before. Now, instead of reminding her of a mother's love for her child, the girl could only think bitterly of what they should have done to save her and, more pressingly, what she herself could have done. As she rose, the girl felt she could practically hear her mother's soft voice, explaining the engineering to the small Evvie sitting before her. The thought made tears well up, but she blinked them away. No, that would not do. Evvie was meant only to remember her mother from stories, seeing as though she had been three when she died. Instead, Evvie remembered many things, and if not for those memories Evvie thought she might not feel such a connection to a woman she had barely known.

Evvie clomped down the rickety stairs, wishing for the thousandth time that her father would use his considerable brains and fix the hazard that look up have the lower portion of their house. Nobody occupied the cramped kitchen, but Evvie could hear the hiss of hot metal meeting water and could smell the smoke billowing out of the shop chimney below her. Striding over to the cupboard, she opened it in search of a meal. The lack of food there was no surprise; her father was often to busy with his shop and women to think of visiting the marketplace. It was often Evvie herself who did it, or Marima, their maid. But, seeing as though there was a suspicious lack of Marima lately and Evvie herself was busy with her apprenticeship, the food had grown stale and, in some cases, moldy inside of the cupboard. Sighing, Evvie shut the door and darted out the front, making her way to her father's shop.

Her father did not hear her immediately when she entered, despite the clanging of a large brass bell that ensued when someone opened the door. He had a large mask over his head that covered the entirety of his face and neck, and was sufficiently surprised when Evvie tapped him on the shoulder. He swung hot poker inches above her head, and she ducked. Irritably, she took the poker away and removed his mask. Smiling, he hugged his only daughter.
"Evvie, darling."
'Hello, papa. I've come to tell you i'm leaving for school." her father narrowed his eyes.
"Aren't you a bit old for school?" Nervously, she wiped the sweat off her forehead. it was hot in the forge.
"No, papa. I haven't turned eighteen yet." he nodded, still looking a bit unconvinced. And rightly so, Evvie thought. She had completed school early a year ago and was currently taking an apprentice job she knew her father would disprove of. He told her quite often that she would ''love to work in his forge when she got older" and often told his friends how proud he was of his daughter who "took after her papa!". She never had the heart to tell him she hated the forges, with their smell of molten metal and singeing heat. She wanted to become an inventor, and that's what her apprenticeship was for. She kissed her father on the forehead and waved goodbye, tasting soot on her lips. She darted out the door and looked back into the shop, confirming her father had gone back to work, then set off down the street that led away from the school and towards what Evvie wished with all her being would be her future.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there! I just wanted to remind you that all skills must be learned in RP, you cannot be above a novice level when you start RP. Also just a note we're a medieval themed server, so keep that in mind when you start RPing.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Jordyn

Villager
Thanks so much for accepting my request and the tips! I really like the server so far and the links you posted are really helpful!