Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Throne of Turia Sucession List

Charlotte hasn't done anything to trash the list and there will be a succession list for sure.

Sometime when I have time I would like to take a look at the process behind how the list is made and talk to people about whether changes are appropriate.

I guess what I am trying to say is that everything is open to being changed, @Tybalt. It seems a bit odd that Charlotte can't make changes IC because ooc you don't like it.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Charlotte hasn't done anything to trash the list and there will be a succession list for sure.

Sometime when I have time I would like to take a look at the process behind how the list is made and talk to people about whether changes are appropriate.

I guess what I am trying to say is that everything is open to being changed, @Tybalt. It seems a bit odd that Charlotte can't make changes IC because ooc you don't like it.
I do not think that it is not a possibility, but more paying respect to something, that someone has worked really hard to make.
It would feel a little sad for someone just to change it, would it not? :)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
allo.

Well RP wise, my logic would be that Charlotte could trash the list RP-wise, but she'd also have to expect protestations, a large loss in prestige from removing a system set up by the 1st Emperor, and perhaps even a fullblown noble revolt from most of the top claimants, as well as the old system loyalists.

At least that's what /I/ would do, if I was there... ;)

And concerning the system, I'd venture to say that the guy who made it was brilliant, if you see what I mean...

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
At least that's what /I/ would do, if I was there... ;)

And concerning the system, I'd venture to say that the guy who made it was strange, if you see what I mean...
Don't inspire them dammit.

I agree, @Valonyx

It's not really that I WANT to change it, but more that it shouldn't be impossible.

@mokwar
As for the whole respecting things and upholding legacy argument, that's why I'm here. I want to preserve the Turian Alliance and I have been working very very hard to make that happen. Some of the changes I've made so far I view to be necessary to preserve the legacy, and I'm not afraid to continue making changes on those grounds. I have spoken to Val several times since he passed control to me in order to make sure that I do pay respect to his work.

That being said, I'm not sure altering the succession list will cause all that much strife. One example is that the leaders of the other alliances should be high or higher on the list. I'm not really sure why Galdor's heirs are higher on the list than Sheila. What I've been trying to say is that I when I have time I would like to look at how the list is made and see if and how things could be changed.

Things naturally change over time. Take a look at the United States Constitution. It has been amended 27 times. I don't think those amendments are disrespectful toward the original constitution. Those changes were made to improve upon the original work. Similarly, changes I make here will be, I hope, to improve as well as to preserve the legacy of the Alliance.

I have been extremely transparent OOCly in everything I've done; from writing posts about which changes I'm pushing, to listing all of the different properties, to listing exactly what the goal of the Alliance is. I am sorry if I disappoint because I'm not exactly Val, but the high ups chose me to run things knowing that I would likely make some changes.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
If anything, you guys should be happy; you're moving from an intolerant, zealous fascist to a more socially-driven democrat omnipotent overlord... ;)

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I agree, @Valonyx

It's not really that I WANT to change it, but more that it shouldn't be impossible.

@mokwar
As for the whole respecting things and upholding legacy argument, that's why I'm here. I want to preserve the Turian Alliance and I have been working very very hard to make that happen. Some of the changes I've made so far I view to be necessary to preserve the legacy, and I'm not afraid to continue making changes on those grounds. I have spoken to Val several times since he passed control to me in order to make sure that I do pay respect to his work.

That being said, I'm not sure altering the succession list will cause all that much strife. One example is that the leaders of the other alliances should be high or higher on the list. I'm not really sure why Galdor's heirs are higher on the list than Sheila. What I've been trying to say is that I when I have time I would like to look at how the list is made and see if and how things could be changed.

Things naturally change over time. Take a look at the United States Constitution. It has been amended 27 times. I don't think those amendments are disrespectful toward the original constitution. Those changes were made to improve upon the original work. Similarly, changes I make here will be, I hope, to improve as well as to preserve the legacy of the Alliance.

I have been extremely transparent OOCly in everything I've done; from writing posts about which changes I'm pushing, to listing all of the different properties, to listing exactly what the goal of the Alliance is. I am sorry if I disappoint because I'm not exactly Val, but the high ups chose me to run things knowing that I would likely make some changes.
You know, I only gave my thought about why Tybalt wanted it to be preserved. I am not really against you, so there is no need to defend yourself. :)

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
The reason Galdor and his heirs are higher on the list than sheila is because since Charlotte is/was a Makorath and Makorath and Galdor's previous house Brelingen combined and became Northhill (by the choices of the house patriarchs) Charlotte became by law a Northhill meaning her closest familial/blood relatives are the Northhill. That is why Draven being her very closest relative that is alive is right after her spouse (Barthelemy). As for Sheila being higher it does not matter if you are the Queen of a Kingdom or a minor lord, feudal/imperial succession goes by familial ties and when family runs out that's when you start going towards other rulers.

The reason Galdor and his heirs are higher on the list than sheila is because since Charlotte is/was a Makorath and Makorath and Galdor's previous house Brelingen combined and became Northhill (by the choices of the house patriarchs) Charlotte became by law a Northhill meaning her closest familial/blood relatives are the Northhill. That is why Draven being her very closest relative that is alive is right after her spouse (Barthelemy). As for Sheila being higher it does not matter if you are the Queen of a Kingdom or a minor lord, feudal/imperial succession goes by familial ties and when family runs out that's when you start going towards other rulers.
Thanks. There is, as always, more than one way to calculate succession. What I meant by Galdor's heirs being higher than Sheila is not that I don't understand why in the current system, but more that I'm not sure it makes sense for Turia in its current form. Surely I can look into other ways to calculate succession to see if any others might better serve the Alliance. Not that I'm saying what it is now doesn't serve the Alliance. All I'm saying is that I want to look into it to see if something else works as well.

There's lots of historical of precedence for monarchs changing things up, by the way.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Thanks. There is, as always, more than one way to calculate succession. What I meant by Galdor's heirs being higher than Sheila is not that I don't understand why in the current system, but more that I'm not sure it makes sense for Turia in its current form. Surely I can look into other ways to calculate succession to see if any others might better serve the Alliance. Not that I'm saying what it is now doesn't serve the Alliance. All I'm saying is that I want to look into it to see if something else works as well.

There's lots of historical of precedence for monarchs changing things up, by the way.
Yes and there's also alot of historical precedence for lords not liking what the Monarchs did and start noble rebellions.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera

you see, the system isn't built to make sense for the current political form of Turia, but only to make sense to those in line in it... ;)
That's how nobility works, yo. Nonsensical and a bureaucratic mess!

Yes and there's also alot of historical precedence for lords not liking what the Monarchs did and start noble rebellions.
There's really no need to be passive-agressive, Brogan. Anything that Antilogy does or will do in the future is completely sanctionned and supported by me. Besides, he's now the House Lord and region owner of the capital and most other duchies, so there's really nothing to be worried about.

I get that, but to take such an action IC because OOCly I'd merely like to look into whether changes are appropriate sounds pretty meta to me.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
you see, the system isn't built to make sense for the current political form of Turia, but only to make sense to those in line in it... ;)

There's really no need to be passive-agressive, Brogan. Anything that Antilogy does or will do in the future is completely sanctionned and supported by me. Besides, he's now the House Lord and region owner of the capital and most other duchies, so there's really nothing to be worried about.

Thanks for your support Val, I am glad that you're supporting the changes so happily c:

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera

But being passive aggressive in my strongest suit. :(
I get that, but to take such an action IC because OOCly I'd merely like to look into whether changes are appropriate sounds pretty meta to me.
Of course.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera

I didn't say that? And this,
I do not think that it is not a possibility, but more paying respect to something, that someone has worked really hard to make.
It would feel a little sad for someone just to change it, would it not? :)
I just pay a lot of respect to things that were hard earned. ;)

Also, to explain why Charlottes family is higher then Sheila and the electors.
If you look at the Original post it explains the rules (Copied from Val word for word)
Charlotte didn't have any children (yet) so her siblings fall in line and other family members. After that came the electors of the other Houses of the Empire in Order of power/influence/strength. THEN comes the electors families. And then the other quacking Nobles of the Houses and Military leaders.

Concerning the minor nobles and stuff, there is likely to be a lot of squabbling between them and complaining of what position they should be in. Once liniege goes so far there are a lot of wild claims and such and is to be expected IC. But mostly I determined those in the same order that the Order of Electors were chosen.

Blah blah, Northhill technically became the Ruling Dynasty due to a non traditional shift in power.