Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ToastySpam's Application [Approved - mokwar]

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?

ToastySpam.

3. What country are you from?

The United Kingdom.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

I have to admit, I had to look these up, but as far as I can tell, metagaming is using knowledge that your character wouldn't have to achieve a goal. Powergaming is giving your character an unfair advantage, such as having a shopkeeper give them free stuff or roleplaying another player's character during a battle in order to give your character a combat advantage.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, nor any other mods that give players an unfair advantage over the vanilla game.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7.

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hobbies? I play video games, probably too much. I also like to read, go for walks in the countryside with my dog, listen to sick jams, and make goofy videos. As for music, my tastes are pretty wide. As long as its not too bizarre or not too autotuned, I'll probably jive to it. Right now I've been listening to a lot of Ninja Sex Party. My favourite game is probably Link's Awakening DX for the GBC; I'm a big Zelda fan and can't wait to get my hands on Breath of the Wild.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I like to write stories, though infrequently as school and work get in the way, and I also just finished writing the majority of the script for a loose play/film adaptation of a classic horror story. I also have started more frequently to edit together short comedy videos. Up until now I've only been publishing them on Facebook to within my friendship/acquaintance group, but I'm thinking about moving to youtube at some point.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I've been looking back into Minecraft again, so I googled 'UK minecraft roleplay servers', and I found you.

Character Name:
Rufus Greenbottle

Character Age:
15 years old, close but not quite at maturity (for a halfling)

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Shaggy brown hair
Green eyes
Pale skin, though not extraordinarily so
Brown tunic, with leather boots, bracers, and a belt. A dark green cowl and cloak.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
See attached .png file.

Written Test!

Rufus was tired. He was wet. He was cold.

He had been walking for almost a full day now, and he was not used to this sort of travel. In fact, before now, he'd never left the city - and he never would have done, but...

He kicked the back of his heel into the tree.

"Goddamn!"

Why had he thought that it would be a good idea to steal from Alton?

Alton, like Rufus, was a halfling - but a significantly more important one. Head of a group of their kind, he organised a lot of thieving. Halflings' small statures allow them to quickly learn the illegal profession, and Alton made use of it.

Despite the fact that he relied on his little army heavily, not one of them received a decent cut of the heaped rewards. Alton ruled them with fear, each one knowing that if they stepped out of line... well, they wouldn't be stealing things anymore, that was for certain.

And Rufus had most definitely stepped out of line. Stepped so far out of line, in fact, that this line was but a faint glimmer in the distance. He had stolen from the master thief himself, pocketed a little gold trinket. He hadn't been able to resist. His desire for coin had always overcome his sense, and this had been another fine example. Alton found out before he had even left the den. Taken the object back, and ordered his bodyguards to kill him.

Rufus' understanding of combat was basic at best, and he knew he had no chance at a fight with trained professionals. He had ducked under their blades and ran, made his way to the river just outside of the city, Alton and his men hot on his heels. Grimacing at what his own greed had wrought, he had leapt and tumbled into the icy water, letting it carry him downstream. Further down the river, he had climbed out, shivering with cold and fear, and started running. He knew Alton wouldn't rest until he had his head on a stick.

This had all happened hours ago, and his clothes were still not fully dry. But he couldn't return to the city, for fear of how he would be punished.

What scared him the most, however, even more than the blades of Alton's men, was the emptiness. He was one halfling. And the entire realm of Altera stood before him.

SEPARATE QUESTION:

I've been looking around the server a bit and I realised I got sorta lost. I tried /spawn but it took me somewhere else entirely - how can I get back to the original area with the lapis lazuli tutorial quest thing if I do get whitelisted?

Attachments

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Hello!
It seems you have had notice of the comments Cukie made on your past application :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

I've been looking around the server a bit and I realised I got sorta lost. I tried /spawn but it took me somewhere else entirely - how can I get back to the original area with the lapis lazuli tutorial quest thing if I do get whitelisted?
Hey! If you want to get back to the tutorial island, what you do is:
- You use /spawn
- You turn back and go to the two boats on the pier you spawn on
- You walk onto the boat with the yellow and white sails, which says "Head back to Saryn Shore"

And you should be there!