Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Town Full Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Application
Only the region owner (the one who can use /noble region transferowner or /noble region delete) can apply to have the region refunded, the funds will go to their account and no one elses. If you're unsure on who the region owner is, it's whoever claimed the region in the first place, applicants will be informed on who the owner is if they're not the one.

If their assistant is the owner of the region, they can proceed with the application. If either the assistant or owner is banned, a refund is impossible.
This will only be in place for the month of September and will not happen again. Please do not create/sell/change plans or buildings with the idea that it could repeat.

Please send application to Sally *points to self* through a forums message with relevant members/assistants

Region(s) name: (list names separated by a ,)
Reason: (Why do you need or want this refunded?)
Request: Anything specific to be done with the region? "Burned down" "Washed away by the sea"
Plans: (What will be done with the funds, "Becoming a rich bastard" isn't an acceptable answer :p )
Assistant: This player [name here] will be acquiring my funds of $$ and send $$ to me plz

Information for towns that are being completely removed
Towns will be refunded/removed 2 days after application

- All chests and valuables will be removed
- The region will be demolished and turned into ruins within the week unless claimed by a second party within said week
- Saying it will be claimed within the week will not delay it being destroyed
- Deciding to claim it on day 7 is a bad move, Sally will destroy all on day 7 (To clarify, I will be destroying these regions on day 7, if it's going to be claimed on that day it needs to be claimed right before I teleport to it to check it out. Otherwise it'll be gone. Please consider timezones appropriately and claim before this happens)
- Claiming 1 chunk will not save a town.

Information for towns that are being refunded but reclaimed
Towns will be refunded/removed 2 days after application

- Items/chests will be safe as long as the region is re-claimed within the week, after that it'll be destroyed by the might of Laets... Unless you're not near water then it'll be Sally yelling about the might of Laets.
- Anyone other than the applicant (Unless given permission from applicant) claiming the area will have their region destroyed with refund and a scolding from staff, if they claim the same area again, then they will get the default refund. If they're persistent their money will be drained until the applicant or assistant applicant reclaim the land.

My assistant screwed me over and wont give the region back!

- Ouch.
- No really that's nasty.
- Want a chocolate?.. wait those don't exist in MC, how bout some cookies?
- Aww diddums
- But really, please don't throw 50k+ at someone you don't trust completely

Towns will be kept listed here and hopefully frequently updated!
Example: (For staff use only)
Town name
:
Town Owner:
Assistant
:
Town removed:
Destroy due date:

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
FAQ

Q. I own multiple regions and want to refund a few to focus more on [region]
A. This is fine and actually the main intention of this refund, so go for it and apply for a refund.

Q. How does reclaiming work?
A1. If the town is requested to be removed, players can reclaim it after it's been announced in this thread, by then all valuables and chests will be removed.

A2. If the town is being reclaimed by the owners, the town cannot be reclaimed by an outside party until the first week has passed, some parts may be destroyed, chests and valuables will be removed as well by this point.

Q. What if I need my town full refund to reclaim twice?
A. Sadly no, towns will only be removed once, I'll be keeping a personal list of town names/owners so I can keep track of them.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Information for towns that are being refunded but reclaimed

- Items/chests will be safe as long as the region is re-claimed within the week, after that it'll be destroyed by the might of Laets... Unless you're not near water then it'll be Sally yelling about the might of Laets.
- Anyone other than the applicant (Unless given permission from applicant) claiming the area will have their region destroyed with refund and a scolding from staff, if they claim the same area again, then they will get the default refund. If they're persistent their money will be drained until the applicant or assistant applicant reclaim the land.
Perhaps I'm just missing something or derping hardcore, but I don't quite understand the second point here. Who is getting a scolding? The person refunding their region? Or the folks that come along to claim it? Is it frowned on to reclaim a region of the original owner has refunded it? What about "claiming the area will have their region destroyed?" I think I may be derping and reading oddly or something, but could you maybe clarify a wee bit?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Perhaps I'm just missing something or derping hardcore, but I don't quite understand the second point here. Who is getting a scolding? The person refunding their region? Or the folks that come along to claim it? Is it frowned on to reclaim a region of the original owner has refunded it? What about "claiming the area will have their region destroyed?" I think I may be derping and reading oddly or something, but could you maybe clarify a wee bit?
Ah- basically it means that if a town owner and assistant have sold their town and gotten refunded, they login to find someone else has claimed a chunk within their town that they were planning on reclaiming. The rouge chunk claimer (this is basically assuming the WORST timezone gaps ever) gets their chunk removed with refund, and warned to not do it again unless the region isn't claimed within a week, if they do it again they'll get a default refund because they don't have permission to claim the land.

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Town name: Fort Sevren
Town Owner: BrianAT16
Assistant: Technically CampionAT16
Town removed: Just now
Destroy due date(if unclaimed): 6th September

Town was removed to reclaim under Brian's active account since the other account can't be accessed. This was accepted and the town is being reclaimed immediately.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
Wait-are the Staff planning on removed all the towns, or is this just for towns that have gone inative/banned owner?

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Region(s) name: Lydel/Lystel/Coopershire
Reason: its plots are a mess and I'm just going to consolidate it with Tambry.
Request: Nothing, just refund/remove the region and I shall do the rest :D
Plans: I'll use the funds to put into Tambry plots which will then be used to reclaim the area as one region rather than two. The additional funds from the town purchase will just make that easier.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I will assume this would not cover someone who had their region removed before this thread was made(by staff)? I'm not really expecting it to, just curious :)

Region(s) name: Lydel/Lystel/Coopershire
Reason: its plots are a mess and I'm just going to consolidate it with Tambry.
Request: Nothing, just refund/remove the region and I shall do the rest :D
Plans: I'll use the funds to put into Tambry plots which will then be used to reclaim the area as one region rather than two. The additional funds from the town purchase will just make that easier.
might have to send this to sally in private conversation.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Heya Sally - I want to check if two things are okay as ideas - I may have to do some work on the regions before I officially request actual refunds it if the ideas are sound.

1) Vigil's Rest is actually made up of 3 regions - originally we were going to set perms differently for different areas. It's no longer as necessary to do, and we were considering consolidating the 3 regions into 1 region with the same plots. Would that work in the context of this refund? We just intend to tweak that, nothing would need to be destroyed, we'd just consolidate the plots.

2) Zephyr's Landing - Could I get the region refunded and the terraforming undone if so, to start the town over from scratch? I feel like I overflattened the desert and it feels like a town made 3 years ago, not making proper use of vertical space. Is there a way to save really good buildings folks have helped me with? I'm fine with scrapping all my own work but I don't want to throw away stuff people built for me >.<.

Just lemme know, I don't remember if these fell into what we were thinking about when starting the program. Only fair that I add them onto the public thread. Very much so non-urgent.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Heya Sally - I want to check if two things are okay as ideas - I may have to do some work on the regions before I officially request actual refunds it if the ideas are sound.

1) Vigil's Rest is actually made up of 3 regions - originally we were going to set perms differently for different areas. It's no longer as necessary to do, and we were considering consolidating the 3 regions into 1 region with the same plots. Would that work in the context of this refund? We just intend to tweak that, nothing would need to be destroyed, we'd just consolidate the plots.

2) Zephyr's Landing - Could I get the region refunded and the terraforming undone if so, to start the town over from scratch? I feel like I overflattened the desert and it feels like a town made 3 years ago, not making proper use of vertical space. Is there a way to save really good buildings folks have helped me with? I'm fine with scrapping all my own work but I don't want to throw away stuff people built for me >.<.

Just lemme know, I don't remember if these fell into what we were thinking about when starting the program. Only fair that I add them onto the public thread. Very much so non-urgent.
1. Removing extra regions when they're cluttered together is acceptable :D, even if it's just 2 regions in close range, I know that changing it to just 1 region makes things easier and more consistent for owners.
Edit: This goes for towns wanting to remove regions that are separated over long distances as well. Wanting to focus on just 1 region isn't a bad thing and I'd really encourage it :p

2. I'm okay with doing terraforming to make it appear more natural but I'm not sure about undoing the terraforming that was done. Would this mean the buildings would be moved around- would there be intention to reclaim?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
1. Roger-doger - I'll follow up on that one once I double-check any permissions setups we did that might get mucked up.

2. Ah heck, we can't just restore the chunks, can we? Remembering now >.<. The original intention was to salvage build materials and just wipe the chunks back to their original state and start building right from scratch, saving the stuff with really nice exteriors that folks helped with by paying for WEs twice or maybe backing up to another world or something. (Like the incredible bathhouse you set up.)
Am now realizing that I don't think we can do chunk restores on the world.. and HE wouldn't go that far back. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.