Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Towny upkeep(taxes) and voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
It's sad that this is how voting must be encouraged. I would vote even if there was no bonus (That doesn't mean take the money away though ;p) But, if this is the way that we can get players to vote for us. Then so be it. Voting is the whole purpose not the money. this isn't the admin team saying we want to just had out money if they vote, I bet that if more people voted for the want to help out the server, the reward would be reduced. But since this is not the case. To even it out I see that lars as created another way to need to vote to get the money to continue not being a hobo :D I think this is a smart Idea on Lars behalf but I think before it is implemented there can still be some arguments resolved to make this new plugin accepted by everyone. (Or at least 3/4 of the community :p but shhhhh, they don't need to know)

skyler

Villager
i personaly dont think this is the way to go. for a reason that lots of people will be kicked out of their towns even active people. some people might not just be able to come up eiht the rads i think that if we are going to go with town upkeep we should at least make it weekly even monthly but i think weekly is fair cause you looking at 1400 rads for a week. lots of people are going to be homeless and i think that that may decrease server activity.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Its been reduced to 100 per day, so thats 700 per week.
Just go vote 3 times, youll be fine.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
When you say vote three times, do you mean within a three day period or vote 3 times a day? (I am only asking cause I know you can only vote once every 24 hours.)

Kaies

Grand Lizard
even 1400r is easy to get, people who cant come up with kind of money are being lazy. For one, voting will still get you enough money for it, secondly you just need to sell stuff. smooth stone goes at the price of 64e 100r, netherwart can go at 16e 700r.

skyler

Villager
yes there is a quest in the sorrows where you have to give jack 64 planks and you get 500r for it and you can repeat the quest 10 times:p

Deddily

Loyal Servant of Altera
I agree that voting is a good thing, and that it gives us a good feeling to promote the server and it's nice with the reward. But, honestly, don't you think that if the 500 rad reward is not enough for some people, the result will be that voting becomes a chore? Right now, I like to vote. But I vote because I want to - you can be sure I shall not enjoy voting if I am forced to do so. I can only play once every week or even once every few weeks, why should I be forced to keep a close eye on my bank balance all the time in between?

Bottom line: being forced to vote is a big negative point for the server.

CasioCane

I think I might like it here
there isnt anyone forcing you to vote deddily!
even if you play only once a week or watever doesnt it feel good coming back to a richer account?

Deddily

Loyal Servant of Altera
there isnt anyone forcing you to vote deddily!
even if you play only once a week or watever doesnt it feel good coming back to a richer account?
Yes, that is my whole point. I enjoy voting and I enjoy the reward. But I certainly would not enjoy being forced to vote just to keep my place on the server.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
While its true its a poor sentiment to be encouraged to vote, this will put us at the top of MCSL which will save Cherb advertising money. Essentially voting is the same as donating money to the server.

Deddily

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well then again, Legion, there is the risk that people who enjoy playing the server every now and then and voting for it occasionally might feel like leaving if there's a chore they have to attend to every couple of days. I do understand that you want all the players to actively vote regularly but forcing people's hands never has good results in the wrong run.

May a propose a kind of compromise? Instead of making this a server-wide tax on all residents, how about having a valuable reward that the residents of a town can have if they collectively have a certain number/percentage of votes? The reward could be the ship for fast travel (very valuable reward), as an example, and the residents of the town would feel like wanting to vote as a sign of loyalty to the town, with the mayor actively reminding citizens.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
Michael you can't force things on members just because they haven't donated because many people don't vote because they aren't regular members and have no need. So unless we are willing to get rid of a entire section of our members just because they didn't donated. That is basically looking down on people for not supporting us and I do not think that is the way we want anyone thinking about our server.

t0rchic

Loyal Servant of Altera
My beliefs:

Voting takes FIVE FREAKING SECONDS. If you can't get off your lazy butt and do it every once in a while, why do you play something time consuming like MineCraft? :p

OlafStronghammer

Lord of Altera
Hello just founded a new settlement and a tax system like the one suggested for me, although making things a little harder of course does still sound reasonable.
However i actually don't agree with its implementation at this stage in your growth. The main reason being that for RP purposes alone it would mean Altera would in fact not have one single City in the Kingdom other than those owned by the server itself. Now that situation would actually be a more "realistic" measure of where things are at anyway but it would mean the whole world would change character and a lot of content will be lost.
It also occurs to me that even at a peak of 65+ players at one time you will in my opinion need to grow past 100 - 150+ Before Taxation would not cause too much fluctuation in Alteras already established Cities.

So in short I think you need more concurrent players before this would function without causing too much damage to what is already here or will be here at the time you do implement this.
A monthly or weekly tax system would help to ease problems too though. I don't think that's possible to implement with Towny though.

Regards Olaf

Edit> It also just occurred to me that if it is 200 per resident and not per plot then, it will just encourage people who want to build to just buy more bonus plots instead of looking for new residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.