Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Towny upkeep(taxes) and voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Also keep in mind that players can tax their residents to help cover the upkeep cost. If you are large and established enough taxation may cover the cost completely.

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
one thing ive seen is that a lot of people have no money in the first place and don't care if their mayors are broke. as bellon stated. were going to loose our biggest and best towns. Aug, at this rate, with a bunch of inactive members how long will heavens reach last?

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
you cant tax your residents if they don't have money. all this is going to do is encourage people to wander and be bums. i personally think that there should be no tax for residents.

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
i have a solution for this. Create a plugin for shops that takes %10 - %20 of the money people spend at shops. that would be fair.

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
could you talk to some people? just make it so the rad from the sale goes part to the seller and part to..... the government...... or whatever our tax dollars are going to......

Kaies

Grand Lizard
Yes but the government has no need for the money because there is no government in game, so taxing shops would be pointless. We are only taxing towns so it encourages people to actually try and earn money and not mooch of everyone else.

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
I don't know.... I suppose it's not because they need money... Mabey it should be that your charged for how many plots you have. I personally like the idea of a bunch of small towns that can prosper but never really grow bigger. Like daughter towns to bigger city's. Like locksley is going to be to red haven. I also think the bonus plot prices should be way lower. It just seems that its not discouraging the bad mayors. But the ones with less income. Your crazy steep prices won't stop people from making towns, it will just ensure that all small towns come to ruin.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I actually quite like the idea if it being on a per plot basis where smaller towns will benefit. Whether it can be done with towny I dont know but I like it.

Michaël Dirix

Legend of Altera
the actual problem is that 95% of the people in hollow world do 1 of the 2 following things :they start their own town...they become inactive.....
some people just have to be satisfied with a good life in a town ,like me ,i have always lived in Ascension Heights (now Jhal Os Eirael) ,I do not plan to start my own town ,but i do have the funds.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
the actual problem is that 95% of the people in hollow world do 1 of the 2 following things :they start their own town...they become inactive.....
some people just have to be satisfied with a good life in a town ,like me ,i have always lived in Ascension Heights (now Jhal Os Eirael) ,I do not plan to start my own town ,but i do have the funds.
If you dont need the money, im sure I could take it off your hands...

Michaël Dirix

Legend of Altera
nope i helped an irl friend fund his town in altera.
he used his paypal for my rank and minecraft.
he was playing for a long time and he deserves a town :p

Robin Hood

Lord of Altera
Ya see, I tried to find a town I liked. I joined two. My sister and I now are going to start a town in conjunction with redhaven and the new nation being started. We have 53,000 rad but we need another 30-40 k more to have a chance of survival. I don't want to have to tax all residents 200 rad a day but if I don't I will soon go bankrupt. Also, unless you get rich or productive citizens they will not be able to meet the taxes high price. So mabey you do it on a plot basis. Smaller towns like mine get very very low upkeep tax when someplace like heavens reach or urithindr would be a fourtion. Thus, people will keep their towns small untill they can really afford a bunch of plots and their upkeep.

CasioCane

I think I might like it here
I actually quite like the idea if it being on a per plot basis where smaller towns will benefit. Whether it can be done with towny I dont know but I like it.
I dont agree with this!
What if a town has a small number of players that are super active and buy plots in order to build more nice things for their town. They then have to pay a hell of a lot of taxes for their plots thus making it useless for them to continue to increase their town size and build more structures. Where is the fun in that?

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
My beliefs:

Voting takes FIVE FREAKING SECONDS. If you can't get off your lazy butt and do it every once in a while, why do you play something time consuming like MineCraft? :p
They don't even have to get of their lazy butts, just click on the link then click vote. After you vote once you don't even have to type in you name anymore just the first letter. Easy as eating cake with a nice cuppa

OSirixO

Loyal Servant of Altera
I dont agree with this!
What if a town has a small number of players that are super active and buy plots in order to build more nice things for their town. They then have to pay a hell of a lot of taxes for their plots thus making it useless for them to continue to increase their town size and build more structures. Where is the fun in that?
It would even prevent towns from building larger public buildings they might have planned.
Plots have to be bought already, taxing them after you bought them won't do any good.

Paying for residents seems to be the best option.

CasioCane

I think I might like it here
It would even prevent towns from building larger public buildings they might have planned.
Plots have to be bought already, taxing them after you bought them won't do any good.

Paying for residents seems to be the best option.
I completely agree with this!
That is exactly the message i was trying to get accross ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.