Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Unabridged

Mad Hatter

All is as it should be.
For the sake of not cluttering the thread I won't have a long winded post. I will sum it up:

I don't think we should view anyone as Gods still, it just seems wrong in my eyes

The unanimous face thing I understand more so now, so thanks for that :)
I agree, though can I suggest instead of a god, which we have and which are limited to our extremely human perceptions of "godlike power"; could we consider the Loremaster a "Distinct, ultimate consciousness and force of order and good for all Hollowkind"? Cause being a Loremaster is so much more than any singular god could ever be. Unbiased, unaligned, and always looking out for EVERYONES interests. :D

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
So let's re rail now and do as Naelwyn asked a few pages ago, giving insight on the Magic system and telling him what's good/bad about his character.

PsycoCreep

Lord of Altera
Hello there Naelwyn and the other folks of hollowworld,

Im already hanging around here for over 3 years yet most of you people probably don't even know me. In this time I had many roleplays and adventures here on this server and even to this day, though I stopped a while ago, I still come back once in a while to see how things are going both rp wise as just checking on the situation of the server.

I am happy you posted this. The problems you have written down are some I noticed myself as well, and I agree to every one of them.

Just like you mentioned I too noticed some changes in both roleplay and out of character wich weren't always as positive as I hoped.

I am going to try to summarize it as good as possible, while trying to keep my english decent.

Back in the first days I ran around things fell much more calm and peacefull yet action packed and original. When a fight would happen it wouldn't just be because one of the guys is just "bad". they would have a logical reason for it, let it be the crashing of different opinions or something completely political. And protecting the kindom you were part of was a legit thing because Some random devil or army could crash into it.

For some reason people lately have become more "squishy". As soon as something in battles, roleplay or even politics seems fishy or unfair most people start screaming. Yet at the same time I notice that a lot of people are ignorant about their characters limitations. It seems that in some strange way some people don't really have an idea of consequences yet know all the rules themselves when it comes to others.

Nowadays I noticed that some characters are alot more...shallow....and that battles are more about "who got the most epic weapons and can do most epic stuff to pulverize the other" instead of "how do I take on this battle in a good tactical way". At those times I often think back at my first days playing around. For some reason back then you didn't only had badasses, but also just...ordinairy people. Bakers, carpenters, fishermen. This brings me to the following point. You dont neccecarily have to be a knight or anything grand to be a hero. I once was just a barmaiden selling drinks and had the best roleplays of my life making people drunk and doing goofy things. And guese what? When getting in a fight I rarely won because I was just a barmaiden. However, I could get a giant earthspawn of his feet by feeding him drunk! It often are just those limitations that can make roleplay nice and forces you to be creative. And this creativeness (if that is a word) Can give you some of the most amazing and yet goofiest battles you will ever get.

And even if you want to be a sword wielding hero, this doesn't mean you immidiately should have those skills. Like Naelwyn mentioned in her/his (<--sorry) post, its often the way up that is the most thrilling! Wich brings me to one other character I once played, a female earthspawn named Adoga Diamondfists! The title of diamondfists wasn't just a title I gave myself. I earned it after having a friendly battle with the earthspawn king at that time. I won from him just using my fists while he was using a diamond sword (no rp battle, a real minecraft battle). And this strenght she got from going to the trainingfields every day. Yet even Adoga Diamondfists would lose on a regular base due to her....limited brainfunctions....And her being slow and not really being stealthy. The point I am trying to make is pretty much to be realistic about your characters limits.

I hope that the situation both IC and OOC will change for the better, and once that happens, maybe I will be back once more.