Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Under the shadow of the mountain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
What did you do! What did you dooo?!
Anyway these look great and I see you are now capable of certain... Idea... To do with southern wilds ;)

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
This looks great! Dwarven even :) Now lets see a Mountain range.... You should customize any new map Altera gets! Next major update that we need to get a new map for you need to implement some of these things in! I love it! Also... Just kinda as suggestion, if and when we do get a new map, now that you can change biomes.. you should make more of a global region type thing.. have jungle biomes and swamps be like a belt around the width of the map like the equator, put polar caps like HUGE snow/ice biomes at the top and bottom and just kinda forests and plains and such anywhere in between. Makes the entire world more realistic wouldn't you say?

S

Stevey

The artistry of these trees are not mine, I took some off another website and bodejodel, aug and cubeydoom made a few for me aswell. :)

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I believe that we should base the "perfect Altera" off Earth. Just like the above suggestion (sorry but I never got around to learning how to quote :p) the Equator should generally be desert, with mountain ranges and swamps scattered throughout. The Northern part (which will be where we will live) will be generally a giant forest with oceans around it and some plains spread throughout. This would be geographically correct and the more to the North we'd go, the colder the scenery will feel (close to equator will be pretty bright, whereas closer to the pole, it should be getting touch darker.) Of course, random swamps here and there with beautiful rivers cutting through forests will also add the effect.
All this isn't, unfortunately, something one person or a group of about 5 people can do within a week, and so it will probably take a little longer then the above mentioned week. However, I do believe this is highly possible with the new tool that Lars is using and therefore I believe future Altera will be by far greater then anything that pesky Mojang could ever imagine.

Great work on these biomes by the way all of you. Bravo, and I hop to see some more in future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.