Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Upcoming] The Alteran Games

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that just because a person designs, for instance, a boat race that he cannot also participate. Then again, you're probably talking about the maze idea and if so you are correct don't mind me.

Spark

Broken
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that just because a person designs, for instance, a boat race that he cannot also participate. Then again, you're probably talking about the maze idea and if so you are correct don't mind me.
Where did it say that?

Skeledude12

I think I might like it here
I hate to go back to this but I'm confused about why Spleef is bad for RP? Can someone explain that to me?

Other than that, I'd like to petition for more winter sports.
Ice Racing, is the only thing I can think of.
I saw Curling, (woo Canada) but that wouldn't work because you really cant slide any blocks. My brother tells me I'm wrong so I'm just confused.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Kimiki Grove can hold the Skydiving :)
Of course, I'd love to help in other ways, too.
Kimiki is going gold!

Spark

Broken
Skeledude12 said:
I hate to go back to this but I'm confused about why Spleef is bad for RP? Can someone explain that to me?

Other than that, I'd like to petition for more winter sports.
Ice Racing, is the only thing I can think of.
I saw Curling, (woo Canada) but that wouldn't work because you really cant slide any blocks. My brother tells me I'm wrong so I'm just confused.
Breaking grass under someones feet...not very medieval

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Cant boxing be unarmed? Otherwise it will be the person with less-lag or a quicker click , Where if you had to use fists it would be to do with the unarmed skill and you could actualy train it higher?
Just an idea :p

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
MrLightyy said:
Cant boxing be unarmed? Otherwise it will be the person with less-lag or a quicker click , Where if you had to use fists it would be to do with the unarmed skill and you could actualy train it higher?
Just an idea :p
People can hit half a heart while others can hit 2

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
People can hit half a heart while others can hit 2
What if its unarmed?

Let me explain more!

With wool:
Jery has a very laggy laptop and is in the Unarmed contest and Tom has a gaming PC ,
Jerrys lag means he can only hit once every 2 seconds and Tom can constantly hit due to him not lagging.
See what I mean? As my town IG is very small and I cant expect everyone to have a gaming PC can I?
It would just be unfair for the laggier people

With unarmed:
Jery is laggig but is unarmed 50 and Tom has no lag but is only Unarmed 40 , They have a fair chance ALSO you can train and train and get yours high so you win , Like the Olympics athletes train and train to get better

Spark

Broken
What if its unarmed?

Let me explain more!

With wool:
Jery has a very laggy laptop and is in the Unarmed contest and Tom has a gaming PC ,
Jerrys lag means he can only hit once every 2 seconds and Tom can constantly hit due to him not lagging.
See what I mean? As my town IG is very small and I cant expect everyone to have a gaming PC can I?
It would just be unfair for the laggier people

With unarmed:
Jery is laggig but is unarmed 50 and Tom has no lag but is only Unarmed 40 , They have a fair chance ALSO you can train and train and get yours high so you win , Like the Olympics athletes train and train to get better
People who can hit the same as an iron sword against someone who hits half a heart isnt fair, these games are meant to be a test of skill (in RP) and also to have have fun OOC so it has to be fair. If you have a bad PC and low unarmed you stand no chance, so if someone has a gaming PC and max unarmed they will destroy people.

Also MrLightyy arnt you in house Takeshi? So you will have be competing alongside them.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
People who can hit the same as an iron sword against someone who hits half a heart isnt fair, these games are meant to be a test of skill (in RP) and also to have have fun OOC so it has to be fair. If you have a bad PC and low unarmed you stand no chance, so if someone has a gaming PC and max unarmed they will destroy people.

Also MrLightyy arnt you in house Takeshi? So you will have be competing alongside them.

Yes but if you knew you had a bad PC you would train your unarmed skill high before the games?
I work for Takeshi but will most likely be competing as a Earthspawn town not competing for the people who im allied with. Im just thinking as I think im the only person who has a gaming PC in my city (I guess you dont really need a gaming pc for MC but alot of people get bad lag) but the others in my city (who happen to have a high unarmed) may be unlucky and get put Lag vs No lag but I guess im just trying to improve my chances of my city winning with it all being about unarmed skill...
Plan put on halt.

Spark

Broken
The games are a competition between Noble Houses, I doubt you can complete as a town but we will take a look at the possibilities.

Also, Unarmed skill isn't something you can train overnight, to make the games fair we are using wool (boxing gloves).

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
The games are a competition between Noble Houses, I doubt you can complete as a town but we will take a look at the possibilities.

Also, Unarmed skill isn't something you can train overnight, to make the games fair we are using wool (boxing gloves).
Ok *hides freind with high unarmed* its not like I was trying to use a secret weapon or anything...

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Somebody having higher skills than someone else is fair is just in this world as it is in real life, not everyone is equal.
It's the athletes with the superior skills which win, these skills take time to train and if someone is willing to put several hours in training unarmed skill to be the better fighter then they deserve the medal they could win.
You train, you get good, you win.
You don't train, you stay the same, you lose to the guy who trained.
So don't go whining that he's got a higher skill than you as he's obviously put the time in, maybe that's somethign you should have done.
But however the "boxing gloves" would serve to slow the fight down because as you know with Mcmmo punches do a lot more damage, which would make the fight over in a shorter amount of time. It's more of an entertainment factor you see.

And to the criticism that this event is useless because everyone runs the same speed and swims the same speed, I say that you sir are an idiot.
This event is clearly not useless, look at the responses we've received. People want to compete as it's an event for fun and non violent competition. People want to try to get gold, people want to race their friends and find out who's fastest. People want to build stadiums to house races.
And yes everyone does run the same speed, but it's a test of your skill at controlling the character more than any actual physical strength. If you run in a completely straight line you're gonna get somewhere faster, if you can time it right you can run faster, if you can keep swimming on the surface you swim faster. etc
It's a test of skill like any game, not a test of strength. It's is simply a test of strength in Rp alone.
And I'm not gonna sit here, and have an event that several people have put hours into planning and still are planning insulted by someone clearly too short-sighted to see what is actually going on. *RAGE*

Oh and the fact that some people have better computers than others, that's the way the world works.
It wouldn't be fair to exclude people on the basis of how well their computer runs Minecraft, it's an event for everyone. And excluding those with very good PC's or really bad PC's ain't right.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
You offended me and several people who have put hard work into this by dismissing it as useless.
You wore out your friendly welcome >:/