Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wanted Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
There was nothing on the bars to imply they were any different to ordinary iron fences. In both default and conquest texturepacks, the bars appear easy enough to break with a large weapon.
But Sally, Our "Stupid" Videos only helped explain how it is possible. If you can do better, please share.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Thread locked.

Edit: If you want to argue about it, then please make sure that anyone you imprison isn't locked away WITHOUT rp for more than a few hours. Regardless of the crime, it's not fair to the player to remove them from RP for cheap or poor reasoning.

IF you provide prisoners with decent RP and they break out unreasonably, make sure of a few things:
1. The bars or doors have signs on them to say of any special modification to them. No one can tell if your doors are enforced or your bars are thicker than average if you don't tell them.

2. List why the person was imprisoned somewhere near the door/bars and possibly their punishment. If a person planning to rescue their friend comes by and sees that they actually committed a crime, they would hopefully leave or reconsider doing so. That and they would need to RPly know that their friend/ally was imprisoned.
The second one is a suggestion, the first one is a logical action if you want special snowflake bars.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
then wouldn't waiting until someone comes online that knows the answer be a better solution then that?

I mean, there are at least 5 woflstadt members on most of the day, so it isnt that hard...

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
then wouldn't waiting until someone comes online that knows the answer be a better solution then that?

I mean, there are at least 5 woflstadt members on most of the day, so it isnt that hard...
Not really, it's more logical to have a sign, so both the imprisoned and potential ally to rescue them would know.

Spark

Broken
I don't see why we should have to provide a description of metal bars used around our city. I also don't see why we should have to protect ourselves against rule breakers, and then be blamed for the result of said rulebreaking. I think the issue is nothing to do with the metal bars, or the metagaming and powergaming.
It's the obvious double standard, the lack of rules and the lack of consistency in the enforcement of said rules.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
You have said because of meta, But I didnt meta, and I have explained to you the logic and Rp behind the Rp and it seems you refuse to listen or hear me out, I still tink and Im sure 90% of the people here can agree a void is the best way to go about things.

Edit: But Compromising seems like such a hard task

Last edited:

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
One of the many things I've seen wrong with this is that he broke out using the /roll command which in any situation is a horrible substitute for logical RP actions and reactions.

Jinx

Lord of Altera
IF you provide prisoners with decent RP and they break out unreasonably, make sure of a few things:
1. The bars or doors have signs on them to say of any special modification to them. No one can tell if your doors are enforced or your bars are thicker than average if you don't tell them.
We were previously told by Michcat the signs do not suffice for special modifications for things, so we assumed they were not needed. This was due to members of the city opening the gates and leaving them open meaning unwelcome people in RP could wander in when in reality that gates would be closed and they would not have access, unless a guard let them in. We had a sign next to the lever mentioning that the lever was padlocked and could not be moved unless it was unlocked. We were then told that it is not enough and had to lock away our gate levers.

Tywin_Lannister

Lord of Casterly Rock
@SallyPirate I've never met a person that has ever been a sane individual, and roleplays with him/herself. Can I ask then, did Yorrick himself RP that he "Closed his chest after grabbing his warhammer" or that Yorrick "put the warhammer on his back, while he walks to the jail cell." or the Yorrick "asked around the city where the location of these jails are" Or did Yorrick say in rp chat "Noticed the gate was locked and needs to look for a different way to open them" Or did Yorrick say "Well, I guess I'm going to have to jump over the wall, since I can't find a way to open the gate door." Did Yorrick say in RP chat that he " Is going to need to find the stairs that would allow him to get up to the top of the wall" Did Yorrick say in RP chat "Yorrick makes an effort to climb the top part of the wall, after finding the stairs and walking over close to the gate"?

I doubt he did.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Firstly, I thought invisible population was a relevant aspect of roleplay on Hollowworld? Otherwise - gee I can't wait to wake up at 7Am and laugh as I single-handedly take over/burn/whatever Turia because no one else is likely to be online and hence their characters aren't present - and I couldn't imagine the characters in order to kill them as that would be beneficial to my person.

Please elaborate on the invisible population rulings on the server - if there are any, of course. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend that they are instigated or considered seeing as it's an extremely important aspect of minecraft roleplay like that of Hollowworld's.

Secondly, how do you measure punishment for metagaming? It's a reoccurring theme on all roleplay servers because players play on roleplay servers to have fun. Roleplay events are the source of said fun and thus unless explicitly told not to participate, players attempt to go to said events in order to have fun. Take any roleplay that occurs at the crossroads, or any involving a /broadcast - which there are many.

Sally, you and I should most definitely roleplay some time - if people have to roleplay all their actions explicitly despite whether they're roleplaying with others to prove something to a plugin, then surely that is a flaw with the system rather than the wrong-doings of the player.

Either way, I can't wait for you to roleplay walking into my castle, opening my doors, walking towards my tables, taking a seat, sitting on the seat, grabbing the glass from the table, grabbing the bottle on the table, opening the bottle and filling the glass, putting the bottle back, taking a sip of the glass, putting the glass down, assuming conversation with me, taking the glass at other timers, sipping, then after saying farewells, shuffling your chair backwards, standing, turning to leave, walking out, opening the doors again, walking out of my castle, getting on the ship, signalling to the imaginary captain to set sail, going to your cabin, setting back to wherever you came from (I can continue to further prove my point? Understand my sarcasm but surely it demonstrates the ridiculousness of this?).

Banning because the said person didn't tell anyone else specifically in roleplay? Then what happens if say me and others are playing a game of EU4 or something, and someone invades Wolfstadt. <Insert resident> is however on minecraft, and notices a group is invading our city, breaking the laws, what not. He's meant to sit there and watch hours of work go into the hands of those who've simply abused OOC investigation?

Honestly I care little for the issue with the metal bars. In my personal opinion the break-out was ridiculous. The roll system is extremely flawed and I could go on writing reels about how it allows peasants to beat knights, and technically whether I have the physical strength to bend cast iron.
If the bars have to be specifically stated whether they can be bent by this and that, and what they're made of - why isn't every other potential holding meant to have a statement of what material they are and whether, if you roll high enough of course, if your character can infiltrate them? I want to see doors in castles with signs saying there's wooden beams behind them, I want to see portcullis's stating the structure of the gates etc. etc.

Furthermore, I do hope everyone on the server who owns landings' characters are educated builders of contractors, or at least know those capable of building cities and other structures of Altera - because otherwise I'm seeing a lot of invisible roleplay occurring.

In my opinion the rules are too interpretative and incomplete concerning roleplay to be set upon the community and expected to be followed to the exact specific way each individual administrator interprets them at that point in time, alongside their opinions of the event/s, character/s, player/s, etc. The current guidelines given in the roleplay section, too, are flawed, particularly concerning the last few lines about metagaming - when considering fairness to players and of course timezones which I addressed earlier.

Apologies if this is interpreted as dramatic - it was more a series of questions influenced by confusion and unknowing.

Tywin_Lannister

Lord of Casterly Rock
@SallyPirate I've never met a person that has ever been a sane individual, and roleplays with him/herself. Can I ask then, did Yorrick himself RP that he "Closed his chest after grabbing his warhammer" or that Yorrick "put the warhammer on his back, while he walks to the jail cell." or the Yorrick "asked around the city where the location of these jails are" Or did Yorrick say in rp chat "Noticed the gate was locked and needs to look for a different way to open them" Or did Yorrick say "Well, I guess I'm going to have to jump over the wall, since I can't find a way to open the gate door." Did Yorrick say in RP chat that he " Is going to need to find the stairs that would allow him to get up to the top of the wall" Did Yorrick say in RP chat "Yorrick makes an effort to climb the top part of the wall, after finding the stairs and walking over close to the gate"?

I doubt he did.
@SallyPirate

Sally, everyone needs to be held to the same exact standards, if Yorrick never did any of these things, if everything must be RPed out, or else it didn't happen, then if Yorrick didn't even mention in RP that he started walking toward his house to get the waraxe, or that he didn't start to walk down the street, then it never happened, and all of this never happened.

I never RPed out my characters birth, and I'm assuming you didn't either, are our characters really alive in Altera?

Saying that if it isn't RPed out, it never happens, is going to be a hole, you will never be able to close.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera

I doubt he did.
He Rp'd jumping off a wall and RP'd damaging his leg, he Rp'd regularly limping and even falling over from the pain of said injury. He Rp'd losing his hammer in the water as it was too heavy to carry whilst swimming. I'd list more but I can't remember over all the meta gaming logs of "I did this but didn't" from Dogbew.

Firstly, I thought invisible population was a relevant aspect of roleplay on Hollowworld? Otherwise - gee I can't wait to wake up at 7Am and laugh as I single-handedly take over/burn/whatever Turia because no one else is likely to be online and hence their characters aren't present - and I couldn't imagine the characters in order to kill them as that would be beneficial to my person.

Please elaborate on the invisible population rulings on the server - if there are any, of course. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend that they are instigated or considered seeing as it's an extremely important aspect of minecraft roleplay like that of Hollowworld's.

Secondly, how do you measure punishment for metagaming? It's a reoccurring theme on all roleplay servers because players play on roleplay servers to have fun. Roleplay events are the source of said fun and thus unless explicitly told not to participate, players attempt to go to said events in order to have fun. Take any roleplay that occurs at the crossroads, or any involving a /broadcast - which there are many.

Sally, you and I should most definitely roleplay some time - if people have to roleplay all their actions explicitly despite whether they're roleplaying with others to prove something to a plugin, then surely that is a flaw with the system rather than the wrong-doings of the player.

Either way, I can't wait for you to roleplay walking into my castle, opening my doors, walking towards my tables, taking a seat, sitting on the seat, grabbing the glass from the table, grabbing the bottle on the table, opening the bottle and filling the glass, putting the bottle back, taking a sip of the glass, putting the glass down, assuming conversation with me, taking the glass at other timers, sipping, then after saying farewells, shuffling your chair backwards, standing, turning to leave, walking out, opening the doors again, walking out of my castle, getting on the ship, signalling to the imaginary captain to set sail, going to your cabin, setting back to wherever you came from (I can continue to further prove my point? Understand my sarcasm but surely it demonstrates the ridiculousness of this?).

Banning because the said person didn't tell anyone else specifically in roleplay? Then what happens if say me and others are playing a game of EU4 or something, and someone invades Wolfstadt. <Insert resident> is however on minecraft, and notices a group is invading our city, breaking the laws, what not. He's meant to sit there and watch hours of work go into the hands of those who've simply abused OOC investigation?

Honestly I care little for the issue with the metal bars. In my personal opinion the break-out was ridiculous. The roll system is extremely flawed and I could go on writing reels about how it allows peasants to beat knights, and technically whether I have the physical strength to bend cast iron.
If the bars have to be specifically stated whether they can be bent by this and that, and what they're made of - why isn't every other potential holding meant to have a statement of what material they are and whether, if you roll high enough of course, if your character can infiltrate them? I want to see doors in castles with signs saying there's wooden beams behind them, I want to see portcullis's stating the structure of the gates etc. etc.

Furthermore, I do hope everyone on the server who owns landings' characters are educated builders of contractors, or at least know those capable of building cities and other structures of Altera - because otherwise I'm seeing a lot of invisible roleplay occurring.

In my opinion the rules are too interpretative and incomplete concerning roleplay to be set upon the community and expected to be followed to the exact specific way each individual administrator interprets them at that point in time, alongside their opinions of the event/s, character/s, player/s, etc. The current guidelines given in the roleplay section, too, are flawed, particularly concerning the last few lines about metagaming - when considering fairness to players and of course timezones which I addressed earlier.

Apologies if this is interpreted as dramatic - it was more a series of questions influenced by confusion and unknowing.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/survivalguide/roleplay.8/#Basics of Roleplay
Having imaginary guards/followers/friends that protect or give information to you is a form of power-gaming (And Meta-gaming in some cases)
I have no interest in Rping with you, as you live in a moderate region and I strictly RP in peaceful regions and with peaceful people to avoid conflicts like this. Considering my position, if I had done something wrong in RP, the consequences would be considerably higher than if a player had done so. And actually, I enjoy Rping excessive detail like that, like leaning over in a chair, and squinting at the cup of alcohol in my characters hand, I'd be happy to go find my drunken characters logs from the last time I used him, but sadly it's not in as much detail as I would prefer and I have every intention of being able to write excessive details of everything my character does, all for my personal entertainment. I do not expect such actions from others however, because I know that everyone's different. But, I do know that the logs tell me that characters don't know something, and they immediately knowing information without ever being told is in that guide I linked.

If someone attacks a town, or intends to do so, I'm fairly sure there are (very outdated, but still fairly relevant) war rules on that, that both town owners have to discuss and agree on the war before taking part. 1 person isn't a war.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
So, Am I not going to be answered? I still feel I do not deserve a ban as I had no warning I was meta gaming nor do I feel like I was as there is perfectly evident Rp behind the 'Meta gamed' RP.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Well, I'm honestly surprised the entire Turian Imperial family isn't dead yet, then, if there's absolutely no imaginary guards.

I mean please, for the love of God, where's the common sense? We have churches, kingdoms, administrations, governments and armies, although the population of the server never goes over a hundred at a single point! Of course, we need NPCs. I think the point here is that some NPCs can be /considered/ meta in /some/ situations... but I here really not see how an archduchy couldn't handle paying a door guard for their prison...

If I need to abide and apply a ''No NPC'' rule, our entire factions will crumble! I can understand how a peaceful village like Thill could, but an Empire is not run by 20 people, not in the slightest!

So, Am I not going to be answered? I still feel I do not deserve a ban as I had no warning I was meta gaming nor do I feel like I was as there is perfectly evident Rp behind the 'Meta gamed' RP.
Stop it, Ace. You're not helping your case at all by harassing in an irrelevant matter to the current topic. Be patient, and respectful.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
@SallyPirate

So, you specifically choose where your character goes and lives dependent on the risk/s of the potential areas of Altera? Isn't that, metagaming? I mean, you're beneficially halting your character from going to places in Altera to avoid violence.

Also, it is rather concerning the dis-acknowledgement of the most-part of my questions, due to the simple reply of your preferences to the explicitness of roleplay. Moreover while I understand the usefulness of Hawkeye concerning metagaming etc, I'd highlight that Hawkeye completely disregards any FRP (Forum-roleplay, that's still a legitimate thing on the server, right?), and spoken roleplay, as the roleplay of Hollowworld in my opinion stretches far over just minecraft. I'd thus also ask that these explicit rules concerning how the learning of certain things must be acted out despite who's surrounding and despite the judgement of necessity.

Also, if you're fairly sure there are, I'd be most interested to see them and how they're applicable to today's Hollowworld, as surely outdated rules are ones to be disregarded and worked upon until re-applicable?

I'd also appreciate it if you answered the rest of my questions and concerns, I haven't stayed up till 3 to be replied to half an answer.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If you want guards you have to find someone to RP them, this has been in the roleplay guide (and linked via the kings law) for ages. There are 'neutral' npc's for background noise and to populate towns, but none of them can assist you in any way.

@SallyPirate

So, you specifically choose where your character goes and lives dependent on the risk/s of the potential areas of Altera? Isn't that, metagaming? I mean, you're beneficially halting your character from going to places in Altera to avoid violence.

Also, it is rather concerning the dis-acknowledgement of the most-part of my questions, due to the simple reply of your preferences to the explicitness of roleplay. Moreover while I understand the usefulness of Hawkeye concerning metagaming etc, I'd highlight that Hawkeye completely disregards any FRP (Forum-roleplay, that's still a legitimate thing on the server, right?), and spoken roleplay, as the roleplay of Hollowworld in my opinion stretches far over just minecraft. I'd thus also ask that these explicit rules concerning how the learning of certain things must be acted out despite who's surrounding and despite the judgement of necessity.

Also, if you're fairly sure there are, I'd be most interested to see them and how they're applicable to today's Hollowworld, as surely outdated rules are ones to be disregarded and worked upon until re-applicable?

I'd also appreciate it if you answered the rest of my questions and concerns, I haven't stayed up till 3 to be replied to half an answer.
My character has been attacked violently quite often, it's perfectly reasonable for him to avoid any place that has a record of violence or unsavory characters. He also avoids crowds because of another event, his best friend also suffering similar, they act perfectly reasonable to themselves. They even risked going out a few times to see if things had changes, and found it hadn't.

Forum Roleplay cannot give/gain anything ingame.

I responded to the war thing, but I didn't see anything else that absolutely required a response

Status
Not open for further replies.