Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wanted Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seano96x

Lord of Altera
If you want guards you have to find someone to RP them, this has been in the roleplay guide (and linked via the kings law) for ages. There are 'neutral' npc's for background noise and to populate towns, but none of them can assist you in any way.

My character has been attacked violently quite often, it's perfectly reasonable for him to avoid any place that has a record of violence or unsavory characters. He also avoids crowds because of another event, his best friend also suffering similar, they act perfectly reasonable to themselves. They even risked going out a few times to see if things had changes, and found it hadn't.

Forum Roleplay cannot give/gain anything ingame.

I responded to the war thing, but I didn't see anything else that absolutely required a response
So then is the wanted-poster that was posted that resulted in dogbew's ban null and void regardless?

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
If you want guards you have to find someone to RP them, this has been in the roleplay guide (and linked via the kings law) for ages. There are 'neutral' npc's for background noise and to populate towns, but none of them can assist you in any way.
So the logic you are currently presenting to me goes as follows ''population NPCs and regular citizens/lore characters make sense, and are present, but if a large realm decides to imprison a criminal, but has nobody OOCly available to do the guard job, then they suddenly aren't able to detain people'' even if they're a kingdom filled with population NPC individuals of all kind?

Excuse me, but that seems awfully biased in the advantage of the concerned detainees, and not on the side of either Law enforcement or States.

As I stated, i'm only representing the authorities here, because it seems we're yet again going to get walked on.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
So the logic you are currently presenting to me goes as follows ''population NPCs and regular citizens/lore characters make sense, and are present, but if a large realm decides to imprison a criminal, but has nobody OOCly available to do the guard job, then they suddenly aren't able to detain people'' even if they're a kingdom filled with population NPC individuals of all kind?

Excuse me, but that seems awfully biased in the advantage of the concerned detainees, and not on the side of either Law enforcement or States.
Please reread what I said about the imaginary NPC's, they exist, but they are not allowed to help you at all or give information.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
You have said because of meta, But I didnt meta, and I have explained to you the logic and Rp behind the Rp and it seems you refuse to listen or hear me out, I still tink and Im sure 90% of the people here can agree a void is the best way to go about things.

Edit: But Compromising seems like such a hard task
This still wanst answered, Is Compromising such a hard task??

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
The guard that warned him of such hadn't spoken to anyone else, and would've been the only one to know that IF marcus broke out, then Yorrick was the primary suspect. If the guard had told other guards/people about Yorrick's actions, then yeah, there probly wouldn't have been tempbans. That's why this all stinks of meta-gaming
If I understand this correctly, then no information regarding RP and events within a controlled area may be given without RP to inform players of what's going on without it being considered meta-gaming.

Under this same line of logic, if someone posts on Skype saying "hey, there's an event in 15 minutes; get online!", then that, too, is considered meta-gaming if the informed persons suddenly appear online. I mean, why would it not be? No one informed the characters in RP that something was going on, so if the characters suddenly appear, even if they live in the town where the event's going on, that's no different than meta-gaming, right?

Furthermore, if
Forum Roleplay cannot give/gain anything ingame.
, then I'm fairly certain that half of all attendees for every event on the server have meta-gamed in order to know about it and attend.

It seems to me that this entire debate is a slippery slope that would best be served by more relaxed enforcement. There's a point where hitting people with the book causes more problems than it solves, and I think this is one of those situations where some cool heads and lenient dialogue between parties would do far more good than a couple bans and this subsequent debate may ever do.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
You did meta, I have already explained this in the conversation, can you please stop asking. It's just a 1 week tempban, it's not that long
I believe act is angry nor because he has to take a week off, but rather because he believes the ban was unwarranted. Something I'm sure many people can agree with.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If I understand this correctly, then no information regarding RP and events within a controlled area may be given without RP to inform players of what's going on without it being considered meta-gaming.

Under this same line of logic, if someone posts on Skype saying "hey, there's an event in 15 minutes; get online!", then that, too, is considered meta-gaming if the informed persons suddenly appear online. I mean, why would it not be? No one informed the characters in RP that something was going on, so if the characters suddenly appear, even if they live in the town where the event's going on, that's no different than meta-gaming, right?

Furthermore, if , then I'm fairly certain that half of all attendees for every event on the server have meta-gamed in order to know about it and attend.

It seems to me that this entire debate is a slippery slope that would best be served by more relaxed enforcement. There's a point where hitting people with the book causes more problems than it solves, and I think this is one of those situations where some cool heads and lenient dialogue between parties would do far more good than a couple bans and this subsequent debate may ever do.
And I should really start that list of "People that don't read the rules/connected guides"

The exception is the Organized Events section, any event posted there unless stated otherwise is common knowledge.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
Yes, Dog knows why I continue to hassle you. Because you said that I would not have known Yorrick was there and a messenger bird. Where I told you The messenger bird meta makes absolutly no sense due to it having no specific rules behind nor is it in the Kings law. And To knowing where Yorrick was, Bronn and Urza were talking about it at Crossroads right next to me. @dogbew @LeftwardElk @Kyle1322

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
Also, if there is going to be a debate about a messenger bird can I mention the huge amount of people the showed up at Wolfstadt after my wedding?
And yes, Drake was literally right beside us.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Also, if there is going to be a debate about a messenger bird can I mention the huge amount of people the showed up at Wolfstadt after my wedding?
And yes, Drake was literally right beside us.
They were there because Barthelemy logged on late. And he was invited to the wedding. And others came on after him and came to the wedding because He is suppose to have a guard at all times.

Tywin_Lannister

Lord of Casterly Rock
He Rp'd jumping off a wall and RP'd damaging his leg, he Rp'd regularly limping and even falling over from the pain of said injury. He Rp'd losing his hammer in the water as it was too heavy to carry whilst swimming. I'd list more but I can't remember over all the meta gaming logs of "I did this but didn't" from Dogbew.
That's very nice that he RPed jumping off the wall, but you didn't answer the original point. By your standards, If Yorrick never asked anyone at anytime where the Wolfstadt jail is at, nor did he roleplay out everything relevant to him getting to the gate, then it never happened, and he just magically appeared at the top of the wall to jump off the gate. If he never RPed anything out before getting to that wall, then it never happened, and thus, he could have never made it to the wall to jump off of. If he did, then great, but you said in your post, it was only jumping off the gate and after.

If Yorrick didn't RP any of the parts before, then this is a double standard, and an arbitrary judgement.

When push comes to shove, both parties agreed to accepted their RP, and we were all moving along with it, and now this. The truth is, I forced Dogbew to do this, and the only reason he went ahead with it, was that he trusted me, and it was my mistake. He would have never posted the poster, if I had not told him to. I ask you again, please punish me, instead of him. After this weekend, I am so fed up with the fact that a child can call all of us OOC racists, that it hates us all, and that we are nothing but OOC poisonous individuals, renders really no response from the staff, but a simple mistake, that is completely my fault, renders a 4 week ban for someone who trusted that I knew what I was doing.

If you really can sit here, in front of the whole community and say that if it isn't in RP it didn't happen, but find it completely irrelevant to what happened before Yorrick climbed the wall, then I am at a loss of words. Thanks for your time.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
That's very nice that he RPed jumping off the wall, but you didn't answer the original point. By your standards, If Yorrick never asked anyone at anytime where the Wolfstadt jail is at, nor did he roleplay out everything relevant to him getting to the gate, then it never happened, and he just magically appeared at the top of the wall to jump off the gate. If he never RPed anything out before getting to that wall, then it never happened, and thus, he could have never made it to the wall to jump off of. If he did, then great, but you said in your post, it was only jumping off the gate and after.

If Yorrick didn't RP any of the parts before, then this is a double standard, and an arbitrary judgement.

When push comes to shove, both parties agreed to accepted their RP, and we were all moving along with it, and now this. The truth is, I forced Dogbew to do this, and the only reason he went ahead with it, was that he trusted me, and it was my mistake. He would have never posted the poster, if I had not told him to. I ask you again, please punish me, instead of him. After this weekend, I am so fed up with the fact that a child can call all of us OOC racists, that it hates us all, and that we are nothing but OOC poisonous individuals, renders really no response from the staff, but a simple mistake, that is completely my fault, renders a 4 week ban for someone who trusted that I knew what I was doing.

If you really can sit here, in front of the whole community and say that if it isn't in RP it didn't happen, but find it completely irrelevant to what happened before Yorrick climbed the wall, then I am at a loss of words. Thanks for your time.
What Dogbew did was miss every single point a to point b in every move towards this entire RP. First you were saying you told him to do these and it was your fault, now you're saying he did nothing wrong at all. Please keep your story straight and if you need to go for a while to get things together then I have no issues with waiting, as I've found a bug to go test and figure out.

But anyway, I completely forgot to link this thread, which is my mistake:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/player-bill-of-rights.30167/
1. Players have the right to make decisions for their character, including cases of instant death, such as assassination, poisoning, and one-hit kills.
2. Players have the right within reason to remove themselves from any RP that makes them OOCly uncomfortable after they have contacted a staff member.
3. Players have the right within reason to redact/void any RP which makes them very OOCly uncomfortable or which they feel was unrealistic after they have contacted a staff member.
4. Players have the right to contact staff if they feel that another player is behaving unfairly or abusing their rights in such a way as to detract from the overall nature of the RP on the server.
5. Players have the right to expect to be able to RP with their character, except in the case of egregious IC crimes.
Considering I heard that Wolfstadt had imprisoned someone for 3 days in their jail and another for 1 full day, should I check the logs to see if these people were deprived of decent RP whilst they were imprisoned? If you're going to lock someone up, you HAVE to provide them with RP.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Sally is following protocol and the server rules, can you guys just drop this already? It's getting ridiculous... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.