Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wanted Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emudude13

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well...this is extremely complicated....lol....I hate complicated....Let me just say, the bars were weenie prison bars....no signs next to it saying, 1 foot thick steel hardcore bars. I would assume that the bars would have been wrought iron....which is not that hard to bend from a dwarves steel war hammer....and contrary to popular belief, guess what....Dwarves are just as strong, if not stronger in some cases as a human male...We have great strength in our tiny bodies....lol....it's funny how everybody on this server assumes dwarves are the weakest little puny creatures....nope....incorrect...but anyways....I bashed the bars 6-7 times until I got the right number...really isn't that hard to make a little dent area for him to come out of....and I got in plenty fine....I lived in the city....there is a wall that leads to the entrance, I jumped down and injured my leg...everything was legit....stop nit picking things if you don't know the whole RP...trust sally...she went through the whole thing with me and OKAY'ed it.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I recall one time when someone had attempted to burn down Stormhold when there was nigh unto no one online.

I also recall that it wasn't permitted to occur.
But this case, was permitted to occur, not even Wolfstadt is complaining (Altho I agree, i hate it when people take advantage of the low number hours, but once again that is a difrent argument)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
What am I lying about. . .I emoted *Bird flutters away Rp Convinence* <---Or something very similiar, And I heard from people behind me in Rp, about wanted criminals.
The sending bird thing was a minor step in your tempban, it was the RP prior to that where you automatically knew Yorrick was the one that busted Marcus out, with no prior evidence to support that, I don't think I even saw you read the wanted poster IC.

Aye. But i kow sometimes when I have a prisoner. I will leave a message in one of Marr's Skype chats. Telling the other guards there is a prisoner in the cells. Althio this is usually just to prompt them to RP with the prisoner if I am not able to get on. From every RP that I have witnessed at least involving prisoners, the entire guard of whatever faction it is is given a notice. Whether actually RP'ed or not. It's kind of like an unofficial Common knowledge rule among the guard.
.... That is the best, I am so serious holy cow-

Keeping a prisoner entertained and in RP is very important and I'm impressed you'd go through that effort to make sure of it :D. This does make me see the dilemma though- because now I've already said that information can't magically spread like that, but then saying this is okay, I'm not sure how/where to justify it or draw the line.

But I do know this is an RP server, and providing RP/creating RP for people is important, sealing them away with no contact to anyone else isn't really in the theme for it. That and alerting guards that someone's already imprisoned is letting the one that's locked away have some RP if a guard goes to visit them, removes boredom and the like~ It's a good habit.

Emudude13

Loyal Servant of Altera
and Tjorn was there the whole time...I was not gunna just wait for like 5 guards to get online....He could have been executed at any time

Ace19

Lord of Altera
I dont think I accused Yorrick for anything, If you want Logic behind why I went to find Yorrick, Because Yorrick and Marcus are buddies IC, Finding out Marcus was wanted I went to Tambry on a hunch and thought that he would be there, Also With Bronn who is a member of Wolfstadt and would know who is wanted by Wolfstadt

Spark

Broken
S'all good- I'm liking this chat :D

Basically the meta/power gaming rules (I can't quote it exactly but I know it's there) says that you can't use imaginary characters/alts/anything to find out information that you yourself would benefit from, so this one guard knew, but didn't tell anyone else, there's only one guy on the server that (maybe?) can read minds, and he wasn't anywhere in the area. So there was no way for anyone outside this 1 guard to suspect Yorrick did it.
How does someone exit the city when no player guards are stationed at the gate? Because none of our guards have any knowledge of this person leaving the city, so that means this character must have jumped from a CITY WALL. With no injury, no emote, no roll, no consequences. That's powergaming. Blatant powergaming from one side, questionable metagaming from the other. I'd like to say that there is no blatant bias here, but in the past week, I've been called an OOC RACIST, a "4channer of Hollowworld" and an "edgelord", behind my back, along with other players from a certain virtual city by players and admins.

I bashed the bars 6-7 times until I got the right number
Blatant abuse of the roll system. Rolling until you get the right role is not how rolling is supposed to work. Also, it's not required to post signs about things in our city. You should have PMed someone to see the specifications of said bars, if anything.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Well...this is extremely complicated....lol....I hate complicated....Let me just say, the bars were weenie prison bars....no signs next to it saying, 1 foot thick steel hardcore bars. I would assume that the bars would have been wrought iron....which is not that hard to bend from a dwarves steel war hammer....and contrary to popular belief, guess what....Dwarves are just as strong, if not stronger in some cases as a human male...We have great strength in our tiny bodies....lol....it's funny how everybody on this server assumes dwarves are the weakest little puny creatures....nope....incorrect...but anyways....I bashed the bars 6-7 times until I got the right number...really isn't that hard to make a little dent area for him to come out of....and I got in plenty fine....I lived in the city....there is a wall that leads to the entrance, I jumped down and injured my leg...everything was legit....stop nit picking things if you don't know the whole RP...trust sally...she went through the whole thing with me and OKAY'ed it.
quite weenie indeed.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
But this case, was permitted to occur, not even Wolfstadt is complaining (Altho I agree, i hate it when people take advantage of the low number hours, but once again that is a difrent argument)
Wolfstadt is not complaining because that problem, in comparison, is a meager one compared to the actual problem at hand, the ban.

Tywin_Lannister

Lord of Casterly Rock
and Tjorn was there the whole time...I was not gunna just wait for like 5 guards to get online....He could have been executed at any time
Like I said before, he was never going to be executed, we all agreed that he would have either been fined or had a trial if he would have agreed to it, people don't just die for a minor crime.

Gregor

Lord of Altera
. . . The only thing I can see from this is people not wanting to risk the easy prison escapes and simply execute all prisoners instead.

Spark

Broken
if that random green giant is inserting modern day prison bars, then sure I guess I am
Yes, we have modern prison bars in our castle, we also have cars and nuclear weapons. Just because they don't look like some random rusty crap bars you found on shutterstock doesn't mean we use modern metal bars. Either way, this argument has derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.