Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Welk, and his glorious quest for the fabled 'White List' [Approved - Squidziod]

Welk

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Firnis

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

All jokes aside, yes I have read the rules, lore and survival guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information your character shouldn't know or has no way of knowing.
Powergaming is forcing rp actions or using some form of inrp godmode.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Arcana, Brian, AT16, Cukie1, Glados, Sizzix, Snerus, Tempy_ {I think, I dunno. You didn't make it clear where the commas went.}

8. Tell us about yourself
!
Hello, my name is Welk and I'm a professional idiot. I enjoy eating lettuce, feeding my tortoise lettuce, and adding cabbage to potato soup. I was born in a shack in Ulupalakua on Maui in Hawai'i. I enjoy long walks in the woods, potato soup, reading and art.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I used to make skins, and I built an adventure map, but I would rather keep them private.

Character Name:
Creta

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human (probably.)

Appearance:
Creta is an albino.
Reddish pink eyes, no hair, white skin, dressed in rags.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

I was found in a cave.

Donovan looked up suddenly from his papers, hearing a distant wail. A human scream. Donovan had lived in this quiet hamlet for thirty years, and nigh a louder noise than the bellows of a morning rooster had ever graced this place. This made the sound fairly disturbing in the first place. The feeling was not helped by the odd way in which the sound seemed to pulse and shift, as if moving jaggedly.

Now, Donovan was a fairly normal man. Wake up, write up a few pages for those scribes in the south, sleep. A simple life, one which he was content with. So, like any other normal person, when the sound stopped Donovan went back to his work. Of course, Donovan was also a kind man. Not brave, not even slightly; But Donovan cared for humanity, with all of his being. So, as the sound came a second time, Donovan put down his feather and left his home.

"Just what I wanted to do with my morning today" muttered Donovan, trudging through the woods towards what he thought was the source of the sound. "'Oh, Donovan, have you filled out your morning prayer papers for the scribblers downwards?' You know, I would love to have, but unfortunately I was occupied with following demonic vocalizations through the deep woods only to end up find a-"

A cave.

To be more precise, a very large cave full of bats, spiders, and creepy crawlies that were not likely to respect Donovan's personal bubble. On the bright side, the likely reason for the odd distortion of the voice was not, in fact, a demon. It was probably just because the source was very deep in the cave. Hooray...

"'Oh, Donovan, it couldn't have been that bad. After all, it was only a little cave' they'll say. Of course, what harm could a cave do? Curses? Undead? Evil gods? ridiculous..." said Donovan as he inched his way through the darkness. The blackness of this hole is almost malicious, Donovan thought. A torch would be convenient. Why had he not thought to bring a torch? In the middle of the day... in the woods. Donovan didn't turn back in that moment. Not because he was feeling particularly brave or heroic, but because he was afraid that had he gone back to his warm, well lit home to get a torch he may have not had the nerve to come back. So, on and lightly he stepped, through the cavernous maw of the mountain.

Until he didn't. He had stepped in a pool of something wet. Upon closer inspection, it was a small underground river. Deciding that it was, in fact, not the drool of some unsightly beast, Donovan followed the water until he reached a fork. Looking down the left end of the tunnel, there was darkness. Looking down the left tunnel, Donovan could have sworn he had seen a shadow. This was strange for two reasons. For one, darkness is usually the darkest thing in the room. For another, what would live in a cave such as this? Heart pounding, Donovan ducked back behind the wall and held his breath. Peeking back slowly, ever so slowly, Donovan saw the shadow was still there. Still moving.

Something was off.

Donovan walked out from behind the wall as slowly as he could, and noticed two things. First, that the shadow was in the shape of a man, lying in a ball on the ground. Second, he was under a cloak which seemed to radiate a glow, giving off the effect of darkness within darkness. Removing the cloak revealed a young man with a phosphorescent mushroom clutched between his pale hands.

Shiefim was a simple elf. wake up, Mix herbs, sleep. So when Donovan, respected cataloger of plants and animals burst through her door, wild eyed and shouting about a corpse inside of an unknown cave nearby, she was shocked; to say the least. After she had managed to calm Donovan down slightly, and understood what had happened she made a torch from flammable sap and a hollow tibia. After a few short bursts of directional confusion on Donovan's part, they managed to find their way to the spot in which the man had lain. They found him still curled up on the floor, and managed to between the two of them drag his body back to Shiefim's Shack.

He had no clothes on, except for the black cloak, which had an odd bone-like mask attached to the fabric. He had no visible injuries, though he was groaning in pain. Shiefim opened his mouth to see if any damage had occurred within, and jolted back as a spray of blood shot out of his fauces. The man bolted upright, coughing and clawing at his throat, before looking around wide eyed at the interior of the cabin.

Where am I? How did I get here? Where are those... those...

I smacked my head in frustration. It was at this moment that I realized that I was not alone. Two people stood in front of me, a man and a woman with a strange pinkish skin tone, mouth agape. I raised my hands, as is customary, and clapped them together. My respect for them and their marriage successfully shown, I walked towards a door. On trying to slide it open, and oddly failing to do so, I look back at the two questioningly. The female with oddly pointed ears was walking towards me with a white cloth. I looked at myself and found that I was indeed naked, though it was odd that another man's wife would come to clothe me. And with such a small covering...

She brought white cloth not to my midsection, but to my mouth. I shot back, surprised, and put my hand to my mouth. It came away bloody, and I realized I had no idea how it had become that way. I took the cloth from her, now knowing it's purpose; wasteful that it was, and wiped my mouth clean. I saw a familiar black pile, and lifted it into my arms. Upon taking it, I found what I was looking for, and pulled. The one became the many. Face covering, check, bracelet, check, mid-sectional covering, check. I put on all of my coverings, and turned back to the two.

"How did I get to this place? And ah... Who am I?"

I kept my pride. It was imbued within my clothes, and so they never left me. I stayed at that village for six... months. At first they had not understood me. Eventually they taught me their language and communication became smoother, though I was told that I was still heavily accented. Eventually, I had to leave. I knew that my memory was somewhere in the world, I just had to find it... and I would.

After all, I had the rest of my life to do so.

Oh, but if only this dog man creature would stop following me around.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a great start (interesting story-- good to see you put some work into it) though there are a few things I'd like to point out before we continue:
  • For number four, I know that it's a lot of reading, but you really should have a go through it all.
  • Playing an albino is not something I would recommend you do starting out. Albinism is a condition connected with some fairly serious health complexities, something I would not recommend you create your character with. It is probably best that you create a character that is not so deficient to start out with.
    • The skin you've selected isn't terribly RP friendly, especially if you do want to change your character from being an albino.
You're actually in pretty good shape, and I'd love to see your application completed. Once you've made the proper amendments, and you think you're ready for a second look, post here and I'll do so. Thanks again for applying and being so patient!

Welk

Villager
Hello, and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a great start (interesting story-- good to see you put some work into it) though there are a few things I'd like to point out before we continue:
  • For number four, I know that it's a lot of reading, but you really should have a go through it all.
  • Playing an albino is not something I would recommend you do starting out. Albinism is a condition connected with some fairly serious health complexities, something I would not recommend you create your character with. It is probably best that you create a character that is not so deficient to start out with.
    • The skin you've selected isn't terribly RP friendly, especially if you do want to change your character from being an albino.
You're actually in pretty good shape, and I'd love to see your application completed. Once you've made the proper amendments, and you think you're ready for a second look, post here and I'll do so. Thanks again for applying and being so patient!
Thank you for being so thorough, but a few things.

In number four, I have actually read all of the recommended lore. I just wanted to make my friends laugh when they proof read the app, my bad for not making that clear.

Also, I would like to keep the albino character, if that's alright. I've seen my way around a few rp servers and know how to roleplay around someone with multiple deficiencies.

If you dislike the skin, I can just make on that's a bit more lore friendly.

If I absolutely can't play the albino character, I understand fully and will change it to your liking.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
It's good to know that you've read the lore, thanks for clarifying. Your joke actually put a smile on my face, so that was nice. As far as keeping the albino character, we're waiting on a response from our lore department to see if they think it's a good idea for your character to be albino. I hope this doesn't upset you, please understand that it's just a kind of irregular thing we don't see often. We should have a response regarding this sometime tomorrow.

I will reply tomorrow with what we hear from lore. Thanks for the patience!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
You're good to go as far as being an albino, though I'd still recommend making a skin that's a little less gollum-esque. Now, without further ado...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.