Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What if Hollowworld was Star Wars based?

Machy234

Lord of Altera
seriously... you watch clone wars? Sorry but that's for me not what a real starwars fan should do :p personal attachment to star wars kicks in I guess xD
EDIT: I don't mean to be cruel or anything, it's just I hate that they make money out of something they stole and alter the whole SW legacy with new names and such for existing things
Well it helps give a more diverse view of star wars. In the main 6 movies there isn't a single person with two lightsabers (Apart from short battles after which they go back to one again.) And not a single person who uses a reverse grip.

Also purely in the 6 films they only show 4 lightsabers: Curved hilt, basic, shoto and double. When in fact the other lightsabers should be more well known, what's wrong with the guard shoto, the lightsaber pike, the lightwhip?

I'm sorry, but for somebody to only watch the main 6 films.. and to then ignore everything else.. they are missing out on what Star Wars truly is.

And another thing, Star Wars The Clone Wars is better than the second trilogy by far. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 of SW are rubbish.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
And another thing, Star Wars The Clone Wars is better than the second trilogy by far. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 of SW are rubbish.
I think episode 1 2 and 3 are the best, while 4 5 and 6 are fun with the robots, but very long and hard to keep your attention to it.

I also played a lot of different star wars games that brought me some in depth about lightsabers, their colors, the kinds of jedi etc. But the clone wars... I just think that is making money over the back of someone else.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I love Star Wars' lore, I just don't like the newer films. Maybe not the midichlorians idea, though.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
My favorite are those with the old republic and the separatists. I particularly love the fact that both factions are being corrupted from inside, and that the old republic aren't necessarily the good guys, even if they are depicted as them.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I'm not even going to go into the flaws with Episode 1 of star wars... There would be too many and it would be a waste of my time. Same with the 2nd and 3rd films. (Or 5th and 6th from a perspective, I mean Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith.) Sure they had a few good fight scenes, and for a person who's purely interested in flashing lights and loads of killing they're great. But they lack any decent story, viewers feel no connection with many of the characters and that scream Anakin/Darth Vader makes when he realizes he killed his wife.. is frankly pathetic. I've heard my dad do a better scream when he see's a spider in the bathroom.

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I'm not even going to go into the flaws with Episode 1 of star wars... There would be too many and it would be a waste of my time. Same with the 2nd and 3rd films. (Or 5th and 6th from a perspective, I mean Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith.) Sure they had a few good fight scenes, and for a person who's purely interested in flashing lights and loads of killing they're great. But they lack any decent story, viewers feel no connection with many of the characters and that scream Anakin/Darth Vader makes when he realizes he killed his wife.. is frankly pathetic. I've heard my dad do a better scream when he see's a spider in the bathroom.
My opinion is the polar opposite of yours. I find the history behind Darth Tyranus (dooku), the Old republic, the Trade Union and Obiwan/Anakin such much better then the overused, stereotypically blunt rebels vs empire.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I never said the original series was perfect. In my opinion I love the interaction between those characters such as Count Dooku, Obi-wan and Anakin. I just think it's better in The Clone Wars where you also have people such as Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress and Captain Rex.

Also the other stories for Star Wars presented in books such as the series which follows Obi-Wan as a padawan to Qui-Gon-Gin, I find amazing and interesting. Because stories like these focus on the stories and the characters, and the fun of Star Wars.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I never said the original series was perfect. In my opinion I love the interaction between those characters such as Count Dooku, Obi-wan and Anakin. I just think it's better in The Clone Wars where you also have people such as Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress and Captain Rex.

Also the other stories for Star Wars presented in books such as the series which follows Obi-Wan as a padawan to Qui-Gon-Gin, I find amazing and interesting. Because stories like these focus on the stories and the characters, and the fun of Star Wars.
I agree, plus little babby Obi-Wan was cute :p

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Actually could this whole Star Wars RP work on the vanilla server?
This would be so good if it.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
All we need is for somebody to enter the competition for the Vanilla Server Lore, and write some amazing SW Lore that ends up winning.

Matto225

The White Mage
I think episode 1 2 and 3 are the best
*Eye twitch*

I can sorta understand where you're coming from with 2 & 3 as for some things they were more acceptable than the 1st prequel, but The Phantom Menace is, in my humble opinion, one of the worst films ever to be released in everything from dialogue, to story, to characters.

To anyone who'd like my reasons i'll just leave this here

It'd take nearly an hour to watch all 7 parts of the review, but I think 1 or 2 are all that's necessary (imo).

Buuut, if you do like it, thats fine! Whatever floats your boat, we're all different :)

Edit: Sorry, sorry! Want me to remove this, Kaza? :S

Machy234

Lord of Altera
It's only medieval entries though :(
Yeah I suppose, however Star Wars is technically before our time so in a theory it could class as Pre-Medieval. Also what's really the difference to people with metal swords and bows and arrows, and people with lightsabers and blasters?

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Yeah I suppose, however Star Wars is technically before our time so in a theory it could class as Pre-Medieval. Also what's really the difference to people with metal swords and bows and arrows, and people with lightsabers and blasters?
Alot, a whole lot :D

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Not really, in my opinion.

If one could go far enough back, then it's quite similar.

For instance take this picture from TJP:

ForceWars-TJP.jpg

The Force Wars of Typhon, fought with 'Force-Forged swords'. Back in this time there were no typically lightsabers that could cut through /nearly/ anything. The Jedi/Sith simply fought with swords, their metal blades force-enhanced for strength and sharpness. If anything they were more like Samurai from Japan as opposed to what one instantly thinks of upon hearing the word Jedi.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Machy has a good point there, Star Wars is "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away", after all.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
And I'm sure Sally would be ok with a Star Wars cultured Medieval setting, as long as it was done right. It's easily possible to take all the races and so on from SW and not take all of the Space Ships, and OP weapons. I'm sure most people here would be happy to have the races and the typical Light VS Dark, and to not take anything else from Star Wars.