Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where We Are Now

skuller

Lord of Altera
First of, Congratulations, second, how is this possible, didn't Cherb transfer server ownership to Sally, just abit confused how he can transfer ownership if he no longer has ownership, don't blame me if I just missed a ton, i've been out for a while.
Sally gave is back to Cherb who then gave it to Som.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
First of, Congratulations, second, how is this possible, didn't Cherb transfer server ownership to Sally, just abit confused how he can transfer ownership if he no longer has ownership, don't blame me if I just missed a ton, i've been out for a while.
Much different, I was only given the server in title, I never had control over donations or the full running's of the physical server. Som has that though~

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
but you still were owner, so explain that please, it's more of a curiosity than anything
As I said, I was only owner in Title. I had control over a few things, I had admin permissions over the forums and server, but I didn't have complete control. Cherbert was always the one that handled donations and hosting fees.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Um- Skuller? I'm not sure if you're getting the point- as I've said twice now (maybe 3 times technically?) I was only given the title of Owner, I had never had full control of the server. Technically I handed over my title, but that was in favour of having simply Management as one entity rather than having an owner and management members that followed-

skuller

Lord of Altera
Um- Skuller? I'm not sure if you're getting the point- as I've said twice now (maybe 3 times technically?) I was only given the title of Owner, I had never had full control of the server. Technically I handed over my title, but that was in favour of having simply Management as one entity rather than having an owner and management members that followed-
Yes I am aware of that. Overlord is asking how can Som become the owner when you had the title of owner. As I understand it that was then given back to Cherb who decided to give it to Som. Yes Som has been given control over donations and and the running of the physical server as well as the title.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
You're really having difficulty listening, or, explaining having had listened, or.. some combination thereof. Correcting someone as to their own situation is kinda... well.

skuller

Lord of Altera
You're really having difficulty listening, or, explaining having had listened, or.. some combination thereof. Correcting someone as to their own situation is kinda... well.
I don't understand what part is wrong. As I understand it Sally was the owner by title and Cherb managed the donations and running of the physical server. I believed that Overlord asked how it could be transferred by Cherb if Sally owned it and I thought that Cherb had taken back the title of owner and now has given that as well as managing donations and the running of the physical server to Som. Please tell me how I could of made that any clearer.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
To make it clearer for people , Som now legally owns the server both in name and title. The server hosting and all other related accounts associated with the ownership of Hollowworld are in her own personal name. It's as official as you can possibly get and no longer belongs to me.

Zimrock

Lord of Altera
Somnstra, good luck with your new duties. I am sure we all will support you.
Cherbert, thanks for your past service. We are all in your debt.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Thank you Cherbert for all the years you kept this server running. Without you this community would never have existed or the freindships that have been created through this lovely server.

Som, you are one of the most level headed and responsible people I know.
You'll do a great job and I believe you will keep this community going forward strong and get us over this hump in one piece. You'll be able to love up to the legacy before you ;)

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
@cherbert Will you still be hanging around doing behind the scenes stuff or having a say? Or will you just be working on your other project(s)?
I'll still help with backups and technical servery stuff as much as needed. I doubt I will be getting involved in decision making. Maybe I can get to enjoy playing in game a bit more!

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
I look forward to seeing where Som takes this server and she has my complete support as staff and good friend :heart: