Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where We Are Now

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Due to recent events that affected me personally, I have been intentionally avoiding taking any part in server discussion involving conflict, but I will say that I think this is a positive step forward. Not that Cherb/Sally/whoever didn't do well, but sometimes this is the sort of change that's necessary for things to be fixed/improved.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I'll still help with backups and technical servery stuff as much as needed. I doubt I will be getting involved in decision making. Maybe I can get to enjoy playing in game a bit more!
:O I hope so. I wasn't part of the server in the old days that you were playing in game reguraly

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
This is quite the interesting thing to see after being gone a day.

I wish you all the luck in the world Som, you were a great moderator and admin, and being owner will suit you well!

Okay, I know I am in no way a member of this community, and I don't claim to be. However I prefer to help people where I can, if I think I can. Usually this has to do with explaining why I think things happen.

And I think I'm starting to realize something about big communities and projects like this, where money is involved and not everyone is close, heart to heart friends-
This may be completely normal.
The only reason you don't see it, is because in most places the staff doesn't tell the community what is going on. They don't participate in their forums if they have them.
But I have been in many places, and when money is involved, people aren't all close friends, and its possible for bad things to happen, they will.

I was on a build team- the leader became corrupt, we split.
I was in a place like this- many people suspected the staff wasn't in good relations with eachother, or us
I went to another one- the leader there litterally took all the money, cut off connections and left. The staff are hoping to re-establish the server.
Pretty much every place where the staff don't share everything is suspected or thought of as bad, it seems, such as real mmo forums.

A perfect place, the one we want, is VERY rare. And I get the feeling that if you want to be in a place like this, you may want to prepare yourself for this to happen.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I
Okay, I know I am in no way a member of this community, and I don't claim to be. However I prefer to help people where I can, if I think I can. Usually this has to do with explaining why I think things happen.

And I think I'm starting to realize something about big communities and projects like this, where money is involved and not everyone is close, heart to heart friends-
The only reason you don't see it, is because in most places the staff doesn't tell the community what is going on. They don't participate in their forums if they have them.
But I have been in many places, and when money is involved, people aren't all close friends, and its possible for bad things to happen, they will.

I was in a place like this- many people suspected the staff wasn't in good relations with eachother, or us
I went to another one- the leader there litterally took all the money, cut off connections and left. The staff are hoping to re-establish the server.
Pretty much every place where the staff don't share everything is suspected or thought of as bad, it seems, such as real mmo forums.

A perfect place, the one we want, is VERY rare. And I get the feeling that if you want to be in a place like this, you may want to prepare yourself for this to happen.
don't think that is the problem here. Staff and players are actually very friendly and connected to each other here ;)

Reason you don't see that on other servers I believe, is because role play in itself is connecting with others. Or, the more I role play with others the more I feel closer and better friends with them. That creates a very friendly an environment as a whole. I honestly haven't seen anything like you stated here ever nor do I believe that will happen :)

You just have to join us and see for yourself how good our community is if you wanna believe what I said.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff

Very presumptuous for you to make such inaccurate statements on a public forum of a community website you have no knowledge of or history of. To say this has anything to do with money or corruption couldn't be further from the truth. Such random speculation on your part I find it quite insulting to be honest.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I don't think he meant to offend, he was offering his view on the subject, as he said in the top of his post- he's not a member of this community, so he doesn't know how it's run. Obviously with all this drama I think it was quite safe for him to assume such-

Sos

Lord of Altera
This... Was unexpected. I know I'm not that knowledgeableof how servers are run but I'm guessing it's rather a lot of work and I assume cherbert isn't just dumping the work on som and riding off into the sunset, there's going to be a transitional period surely, unless I misunderstand the situation.

I mean this in the best possible way and say that, hopefully nothing too drastic of a change happens to us mere mortals. I'm a beliver if 'if it ain't broken, don't fix' and there are still issues regarding the Staff that are still lingering, but hey, this is my two cents...

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
This... Was unexpected. I know I'm not that knowledgeableof how servers are run but I'm guessing it's rather a lot of work and I assume cherbert isn't just dumping the work on som and riding off into the sunset, there's going to be a transitional period surely, unless I misunderstand the situation.

I mean this in the best possible way and say that, hopefully nothing too drastic of a change happens to us mere mortals. I'm a beliver if 'if it ain't broken, don't fix' and there are still issues regarding the Staff that are still lingering, but hey, this is my two cents...
In regard to your first point, it was a decision proposed by Cherbert to enable that very transition to happen so that any changes or tweaks can be made from a level environment, where things can be restructured as considered best for the staff, players, physical server and community as a whole.

We're currently in this transition phase, and are working to make sure that things run as smoothly as possible within minimum negative impact on you guys.

Again, in the interests of fair understanding and open communication regarding the situation, I'd like to remind you all that any concerns, queries or anything else on your mind can be addressed through myself and others on the staff team. We want to make this positive for as many people as possible and at the very least non-damaging for others, so we're happy to hear... Well, anything and everything.

If anyone does wish to contact a member of staff regarding any concerns, most can be reached through the forums and in-game, but Teamspeak and Skype are also viable options for some staff members if you speak with them about it.

Uncray

Lord of Altera
Things have changed! I wasn't part of any of what happened so I don't really have a clue. What I do know is that Som will do a great job as owner :)

Killmate50

Loyal Servant of Altera
I fail to see how any of this could be taken as a joke, really.
Have you met me? To be honest, some things (12% to at least 23% -.-) I say have a lie somewhere in them. But as for this: I will believe in Som til the end. Her standing does not matter as long as she stays the same. In reality, all things must change at some point. I wish Som a happy promotion and I will keep, for the lack of a better word, support Hollow World in the coming days.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Have you met me? To be honest, some things (80% to at least 90% -.-) I say have a lie somewhere in them. But as for this: I will believe in Som til the end. Her standing does not matter as long as she stays the same. In reality, all things must change at some point. I wish Som a happy promotion and I will keep, for the lack of a better word, support Hollow World in the coming days.
FIXED! :D

Killmate50

Loyal Servant of Altera
Really? I was being truthful and yet you made me worse T-T but anyways: Congratz on the promotion and I will be here for support whenever you need me. Even if you don't I'll be here to talk to or just to listen. All I'm really good for anyways :D