Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Writer's Retreat [Writing Contest]

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
During the event Athryl said the books would be donated but the originals/copy would be sent to the author. IC he said the scribes would do it so I think he meant you OOC Niah. ;)

But he never said anything specific but I took all that to mean that they would be added to the new library.

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
I was able to wiggle at Niah enough to get my book back and able to post up my story. I wanted to make a sort of 'outside minecraft' version of it sooo here it is! Also it's weird, in the book I swear some of the stuff at the end of the pages got cut off so the book is strangely missing some words. Ah well.

:The Highest Fish:
<><
By; Kopii Grey

She watched the sky with envious eyes. There, in the deep dark sea she started up with want and need. A little fish, a worm at most... she wished to one day be in that land of air.

The dirt that sat below her spoke softly to her, "My beloved fish, why do you envy the sky...?"

The fishes only answer could be;

"Because I wish to fly..."

The fish watched the sky day and day... watching the warm sun bathe the strange world above while only faint rays could be seen from her watery world. She could barely feel the warmth and imagined how much more it was above. She could only imagine the world above, so vast and warm while the sea so cold. The floor, her dirt coddled her the best it could, giving her plants to play and other worlds of caverns.

She only wanted the sky.

It made the dirt ache, for he knew what it was like above.
"My dear fish!" He would say to her, "Trust me when I say the sea here is just as nice, if not more! You wouldn't be able to live up there! There is no water! You cannot fly, try not to or else you may die!"

She only barely listened. The fish watched the sky.

One day, there was something new there. Twisting in the sky and dancing laughing. A bird. He chirped and sang so beautifully, but it was muddled to the fish. Seeing this bird, she ached. The bird came again and again, did it know she was watching? Or was it taunting her? Or perhaps... calling to her? She leapt form her sea and put herself as close as she could.

"Oho!" The bird called seeing her. "I knew there was someone there! So beautiful! Hidden away like that is a sin!" The bird chimed sweet words to her. She spoke as best she could to him...

"He thinks I'm beautiful my friend!" She told the dirt when she returned to the sea. The bird still flew above watching and waiting. The dirt seemed bothered by this.

"My fish... the bird is a cruel creature. It's just speaking flowery things! Pay it no mind! Stay here, don't speak to that liar!"

She barely listened to the dirt as she went to leap again to see her bird.

"Again you come my dear little worm! So tell me why you watch the sky? Is it to see me~?" The bird laughed. The fishes answer was always the same,

"I one day wish to fly."

"To fly? Like me my dear?" The bird looked thoughtful for a moment. The fish answered,

"Yes, like you, and to see the lands above. I wish to see and feel the warmth but all I feel is the darkness in the sea..."

"That is no good, your heart surely deserves more!" The bird said, then continued with a grin, "Let me tell you of a mountain where you can reach your sky..." His colorful wings fluttered. He flew above as she flew in the waters below, and he lead her to a massive mountain where it stabbed through the clouds like a blade.

"Here my dear fish! This is your way to the sky! A river flows down... Higher, and higher you can go if your heart truly wishes to reach the sky." His brilliant feathers circled above her as she looked upon the massive mountain and it's waterfall of a river.

"I will see you at the top!" The bird had said those words with a taunt, for he didn't expect her to truly try. She was just a worm after all. Just a fish in the sea.

She belonged there with the dirt.

"My beloved fish please! You will surely die if you try to climb that!?" The dirt pleaded with all his might. The fish watched the mountain quietly as she hushed,

"Dear lowly dirt... I must try... I must for the sky..." The fish took to the waters and swam. The current against her and the cries of the dirt pleading her stopping. She tried and tried against the current. It hurt and ripped along her like daggers. But she did not stop. No matter how much her body ached she knew the ache in her heart for the sky was worse.

She swam.

The mountain is tall, the waters run fast. A little fish trying to climb such a thing would surely just rip her to bits. But she tried and tried again and again. With each try she got farther. With each push she grew stronger.

The bird above atop the mountain laughed. He sat on the throne above the clouds with no problem, his wings being his mighty tool above. "Foolish worm. She's probably dead. She could never reach the sky like me... I should see if her body floats atop her home of cold water..."

The bird flew to below the mountain where the dirt laid waiting for his fish. The bird was confused, where was the body of the fish? "Lowly Dirt. Where is that worm?"

"You monster! She's... she's... not here. Did you rip her from the waters on the mountain!? She hasn't returned down!"

The bird was confused, and followed the waters up, expecting her body along the banks. But he continued up and up, and there was no body. "Did she rip to pieces I wonder?" His wings reached the throne above.

And where she sat upon the throne. No longer some meager little fish. She had grown into a dragon. She smiled to the bird. "I have reached the sky, my bird."

"Ohh... I welcome you to it then... my Highest One."

"Thank you."

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
My story was about a heatstroke.

... No seriously, that is literally what it was about.
But a lovely story about heat stroke, written very well. Few to no errors grammatically and with spelling. And Sallana cowbell, so yay lore.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I wish I could have been there, seems to have been a lovely and wonderful event... will there be a next time maybe...?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I wish I could have been there, seems to have been a lovely and wonderful event... will there be a next time maybe...?
If the community seems to want it again. It also is a matter of reward as well. Not sure if we can swing another prize pool of 35k in the future. But if enough people want it, entirely possible if we work up a smaller prize pool.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
If the community seems to want it again. It also is a matter of reward as well. Not sure if we can swing another prize pool of 35k in the future. But if enough people want it, entirely possible if we work up a smaller prize pool.
And on that note, if we do it again- Perhaps at a better time and day. Both Ice and I had work conflicts so... Maybe IF it happens again in the future, we won't have IRL poking us in the eye with a stick.