Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Your Name]'s Application [Approved - Niko]

Vashraati

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Vashraati

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
AMERICA.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I've skimmed through them lightly.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is considering all possibilities with a proscribed ruleset, or even outside of the ruleset, of a particular activity. Often it's used to determine all possibilities that can occur within play, and to use them to determine the most effective means of executing play. In a roleplaying environment, Metagaming is typically referred to as using information and means attained out of character and using them in-character.

Powergaming is using the ruleset and resources provided to engage in the most efficient means of overcoming obstacles and boundaries in a game system, typically to achieve the greatest possible magnitude of result. In a roleplaying environment, Powergaming is typically forcing one's actions upon another actor.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Negative. Though if a character may have broken a bone, they should probably get the affected area analyzed by x-ray for proper diagnosis and treatment, or else the bone may not heal properly.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
According to the current Mentor List, they would be:
223hero7 (223Hero7)
Squidziod (Squidziod, DoolinDesperado)
Niko (SirNicholas14)
Ayda (Asirel_Luik, Orderni)
Wandering Ranger (Wanderer_Joe)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I go by Vashraati on most internet circles nowadays. I like long walks on the beach, spiders, yelling at strangers, and orange juice. I have no less than three defunct printers in my room. I hate pizza.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I'm still trying to find the server's physical location. Once I do, I plan on covering it with magnetic putty. While it is still running. Just to see what happens.

Character Name:
Killiandriath.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Hippie Forest Elf

Appearance:
Killiandriath stands tall at six feet and two inches (188cm) tall, with dark cocoa-colored skin, tanned from long hours in the outdoors. Her hair is a chestnut brown, kept chopped short, framing a stern face, her bright green eyes flecked with gold. She is well-muscled, kept fit from years of working in the wilderness and the trials that come with it. The elf often wears a brown leather leotard, along with long gloves and stockings, and when out and about: a long tunic, bracers, and greaves all in verdant greens.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
upload_2018-1-23_10-39-49.png

Written Test!

Killiandriath had decided to take the long way back from her day's hunt. The forest in summer evening, with its humidity and warmth, was something that had long given comfort throughout her life in the wilderness. The boar slung over her shoulders wasn't the largest she'd manage to shoot, but it might've provided well had it not been her stepfather's turn to cook tonight. She did not dislike the man, but for one so well-educated, he simply could not prepare meat properly. Killiandriath had often offered to prepare and cook it for him, but he adamantly refused, saying that he must at least be able to create a dining experience fit for his family. For fruits and wines, sure, he was capable. The garden had never looked better. Unfortunately, such things did little to sustain their active lifestyle.

So she mused, until a soft bit of peat gave out underneath her. Had she been faster, perhaps she would have been able to catch herself, but with the wild boar burdening her, Killiandriath could not react with her usual swiftness. The soft ground seemed to swallow her, as she tumbled down into the stygian darkness of some light-forsaken cave, letting her boar, bow, an arrows slip from her as she tried to shield herself from the clawing roots and jagged rocks that scraped at her skin and tore at her rugged tunic. Finally, in that yawning abyss, her tumultuous fall ended. She inhaled stale, cool air, and her eyes struggled to see even the faintest hint of light. Slowly, fear began to creep in. Her heartbeat quickened, the walls seemed to close in of their own accord. Would death claim her here, in this cramped hole in the ground, far from the open sky and the soft rustling of leaves in the wind...?

No. Not here. Not today. She steeled herself to keep calm. To hold herself steady. To remember that her eyes only needed time to adjust to the darkness to detect even the smallest hint of light. Time to let her ears rest to search for the wind twisting through the trees above. And there, in that tiny space, a battle of wills against the encroaching, suffocating blackness that surrounded her ensued. Bit by bit, she could almost see the tiny ray of light at one end of the foul domain she was trapped in. As she crawled toward it, she could smell the fresh forest air slowly filtering in, and hear the welcoming chatter of birds that had kept her company in her long wanderings.

At last, a path upward. A long climb through a small tunnel. Perhaps even too small for her, but through it she could just barely make out the fading light of the sun in the sky. Immediately she dug her hand into the dirt, pulling herself to the surface again as Killiandriath pulled herself through the tiny passage, barely wide enough to fit her. It seemed to even constrict her breathing for every bit of progress she made. She fought panic at every inch of progress, at each foothold she made on her way up, until at long last fresh, warm air filled her lungs as she pulled herself from the earth, and crawled some distance away from that horrid hole, before resting on her back and staring at the reddening evening sky.

She was alive. She felt humiliated at the loss of her dinner, and she'd certainly be scolded later for the loss of her bow, but she was alive, and no longer imprisoned by the tomb of earth.

Killiandriath sighed. At least there were fruits and berries to eat and perhaps some vegetable stew to cook when she got home, but for a few moments more she'd rest and breathe in that free, warm air, and listen to the softening sounds of the forest.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Thank you for applying to Hollowworld. This application is marvelously done but there's just one thing we need to go over before I approve you.

- On your application, you stated that you are 2 years old. The minimum age to apply for this roleplaying server is 14 which is in accordance with the King's Law. Unless this is a typo, I must apologize that you must wait 12 years in order to reapply.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Splendid work!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.