Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Zhaos' Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

Zhaos

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Magicallfail

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

U.S.A

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Indeed I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming - using information gained OOC to your benefit while you are in roleplay

Powergaming - Having an unfair fight/roleplay that results in you coming out triumphant every time. Example: Cannot force someone else to do something such as give you all their items just because you say something like *steals all your items*

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!

I enjoy reading and writing, though my writing could use a lot work. I listen to a large variety of music and am always looking for more! Games? You can always find me playing games in my free time, especially strategy and RPG's.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I have no work to share here, but maybe you can see some come to life in the game

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I was looking through a list of medieval roleplay servers and this one really had me interested

About Your Character!

Character Name: Zhaos Thandus

Character Age: 25

Character Race: Forest Elf

Appearance:

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Green

Skin Color: Light skinned

Clothing: green tunic with green leggings

Written Test!

I was not the first born of my family, nor was I the last. If memory serves me well, I was born and spent my very early days in an expansive elvish city they call Irragin. My mother’s name is Kathra, or so I have been told by my older brother Varis. I don’t know much about her, but I hear she raised Varis and I for a few years of our lives. The only reason she left my father Garin was because he returned home with my younger brother Lancelin, and we all know how those creatures are created. She wanted nothing to do with him anymore… and since I was half his she wanted nothing to do with me as well. That is when she kicked us out.

That brings us to a part of my past I can tell you with greater recollection. Our father chose to move us to the port city of Aerilon. He did many jobs from street sweeper to being a bouncer for a local pub, which did not help with his drinking problem. He drank almost all the time. Sometimes instead of paying for our lodgings he would spend it on ale. This is when my older brother, the only one of age to procure a job sought out employment. Within no time he found a library that needed someone to assist stocking shelves and cleaning the facility. While he acquired extra income for our household I stayed home. Even though I was but only 8 years of age, I was quite a strong lad. Being such I would be the one who did chores such as gathering, chopping firewood and with the help of our drunken father maintaining the structure of the small hovel we resided in. While both father and Varis were working I would also care for Lancelin. He was more difficult to handle than all the manual labor. But my older brother had paid me to pull through, not with currency but with teachings of reading and writing. As I grew older I began fantasizing about the prospect of us three brothers making a name for ourselves in a land of fortune he once mentioned to me. Many nights I would talk with Varis and he would agree that it would be a grand idea, but Lancelin was too young to make such a journey… so the thought stayed in the back of my mind.

Many years later, I would say about 16 had passed, Varis, Lancelin, and myself had finally set off and left the drunken fool behind. We set sail for that land Varis had spoken of many years before. The trip took almost a year and it just so happens we arrived on Lancelin’s 21st birthday… which brings us here to this tavern, where you asked me our story and interrupted my celebrating. But I must go now, greatness awaits.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there
-id like for you to expand on the powergaming definition.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
For next time, I'd ask you get more acquainted to the region love of the world, but I understand there not being fully fledged Forest Elven towns.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I forgot to let you know. Currently I cannot whitelist you in game, but I have let the other mentors know. Ill tell you when you are whitelisted

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Sorry it took so long, you're good to go