Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Zxylex - Application [Approved-Estes241]

Zxylex

Villager
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?
matchbox53
2) How old are you?
3) Where are you?
Ireland
4) Have you read our guides yet?
Yes
5) Introduce yourself!
My name is Andrew. I live on a farm in Ireland and work their on the weekends. I am in my 5th year of secondary school. I am an avid Elder Scrolls and Minecraft fan (Gave up on WoW after cataclysm). I am a HUGE fan of fantasy I have watched the Lord of The Rings trilogy 15+ times
and The Hobbit an Unexpected Adventure 20+ times. I have read 5 of the 7 Song of Ice and Fire books and watched all the series. I have a surprising memory for useless information (e.g I can recite most of The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy).I used to play on Anubis Islands with bodejodel
6) Got any examples of your work?
No unfortunately
About your character
Name
:
Few know him by his name, Asonides Reiux(Pronounced re-you), most call him Zxylex
Race:
Human
Appearance:
A tall man standing at 6'5 with a muscular build dressed in Rangers clothes, Deep Blue eyes and dirty blond hair and a scar covering his right eye and down his neck
The Test:
I awoke with a start, Looking around I don't recognize this forest. The scar on my face is raw bleeding, it pains me when I clean it in a nearby stream but I know not how I got it..... I know not who I am.... looking into the stream I see a face staring back at me but I don’t know it I see a tall man skinny and malnourished.

I try to stand and cry in pain, my screams drowned out only by the crunching sound of my leg.

Breaking two branches off a nearby tree I affix one to my leg with my tunic as a splint and take the other as a cane. Stumbling downstream hoping to find a village I spot a group of bandits, two humans and three creatures standing around seven foot each with large walrus like tusks and clad in muscle as if it was armour one a dirty red one a stony gray and the last a dark green (from what little I know of the world I can tell they are earthspawn) knowing I am in no condition to fight, I don’t even know if I can fight, I break a reed to use as a breathing tube and jump into the stream, the freezing January water hitting me like a charging bull. Disoriented from the cold I don’t notice my chain come loose and float to the surface, how can a metal chain with such weight float?, as the bandits pass by they notice my chain but not wanting to get wet on such a cold day they leave it, smart smarter than me anyway I should have just let them kill me but I didn’t. Stumbling to the shore I grab my chain, a steel plate with silver chain and one word inscribed on it Zxylex at least have a name now. After a day’s walk I setup camp in an old town called Asonides in a ranger station called the Reiux. I look around and find a uniform that fits its dull green and black but it’s warm and has a hood to shield me from the rain. I long for hot food but can’t risk or even make a fire, the apples and pears I found will have to suffice, curling up into a ball beneath my new cloak I eventually fall into a painful restless sleep.

The morning air hits too hard for my liking but I have grown accustom to it, it’s been three weeks since I awoke with no knowledge of who I am where I come from and wearing a metal chain that glows slightly with an eerie blue light that seems almost cold. My leg is doing no better and I fear it is out of place but what can I do. Ahead I see an old man, he must be into his eighties but he is limber as a man of twenty, training with a sword I come within twenty yards of the man but my strength leaves me and I fall to the ground. My sleep is a clouded haze of being carried through a forest a small shack and a man feeding me some kind of soup, the taste is putrid but he forces me to drink. He removes my splint and hands me the wood to bite on and tells me to brace for the pain. As he cracks my leg into place again I scream and bight onto the wood with such force as to shatter it then darkness.

I awake and I feel a strange comfort a straw bed underneath me and a fur blanket on top of me with sunlight streaming through a window and the smell of stew flowing through my head “Ah good your finally awake” turning my head I see the old man in the corner proffering me a bowl of stew “I thought you were gone for good you’ve been out for nearly a week”. “You should have left me to die...”. “How can someone so young be so jaded towards life? My name is Rohndal Turning who are you?” not wanting to disappoint the man who saved my life I try to think of a name and the first village I was in comes to mind “Asonides my name is Asonides Reiux , Zxylex” “Well Asonides what happened to you?” so I proceed to tell him of how I awoke and the bandits and everything that has happened since and he agrees to teach me what he knows. Now almost three years later my skinny frame has donned as much muscle as it will hold and I can best almost any knight in combat, Rohndal has taught me to survive in the wild and to hunt. Returning to the hut I see smoke rising and break into a sprint when I arrive I see a bandit group looting Rhondal’s corpse, I recognise them as the bandits from the first day I charge and make short work of the five returning to my masters side i see his green eyes looking up at me “Asonides you must go to The Grove of Shalherana...” “what must I do?” I ask but it’s too late he is already dead. Standing I pick up my sword and I start to walk I don’t know why he wants me to go there but I cannot deny him his last request and so my journey begins.

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Well done!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Resource pack
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.