Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alteran Rumors, Gossip, & Hearsay

LyricalArtist

Storm's Landing Wanderer
Merchant
Pronouns
They/Them
LyricalArtist
LyricalArtist
Merchant
[!]
A new notice is posted below Haefer's.

"I, Aesi, Wearer of Flowercrowns, Bearer of whitehair, Pink eyelight of the night, Writer of letters on paper, Fashion icon of Altera and Celebrant of parties hereby declare that I do not care for any claims made by anyone in recent times. And will instead be residing in my Museum in Keg's Hearth so as to not have to deal with clownery in Altera's politics.

Remember,
Flipperdipper."​

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Guards block the entrance to the Eldpoint Crypts, and a notice is put up.

"Following the death of a young moor girl, the Crypts are hereby closed until
further notice as the guard investigates appropriately, exceptions will be made
for compassionate reasons where necessary."

A service for the girl drew large crowds at the Cathedral, and the solemn ringing of bells.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Guards on horseback whip through the night air.

A rider arrives in the Landing, and a pair arrive, harried of breath, at the Eldpoint gates, announcing the same:

Demons are coming, demons are here.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
~{ ! }~

As weeks pass by, the occasional rumor starts spreading around the Landing of a person suddenly turning gloomy and sluggish for a couple of days before finally returning back to their old selves.
Most recently, a man in the slums known for causing arguments frequently with his wife was said to have suddenly calmed down, apologized to her and was later spotted at the tavern moping.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Large guard patrols bearing the crest of Aethel Deira patrol the roadway south of Storm's Landing, especially through the narrow valley south of the Adventurer's Guild.

They encourage all to avoid leaving the roadways, but are able to keep wagons travelling through safe for the most part, for now.

--

North of the City of Eldpoint, guards are joined by carpenters and masons in establishing fortifications for a defensive line against impending hellspawn.​

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
[ ! ]

A statement would be posted around the Cerulean Expanse.

Whilst the Guild of Sigeberht had faded over the years, considering the current circumstances,

I, Gustav Rollo Brynjar, offer the property of the Guildhouse to the cause to bring an end to the oslaught of the demon swarms.
While my days as a fighter passed, I will aid this wars through the best of by strength.

~Gustav Rollo Brynjar, Guildamster of the Sigeberht Adventurers Guild.

All posting bear a wax seal on them with the Guild's logo.

[]

gul.png

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
-[ ! ]-

While the antics of the Earthspawn within the Hakiaz swamp is not easily discerned within the great walls of Bol'tn'thar and Zuk'thar had laid dormant for a while, few vague rumors from what manner of rare traveler that wandered in the area speak of some manner of activity returning to the settlement with its grand arena.

Last edited:

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

A small force begins to construct a camp around Sigeberht's Adventurer's Guild, south of Storm's Landing.

Beds are laid out and tents pitched, as they prepare for casualties from the front lines, and serve as an early
warning of armies marching for the Landing.

A grizzled Lieutenant Adelhard leads the small force, and makes it clear to all that he's open to extra hands,
in combat or in medicine, with rumours circling the Landing.

--

OOC: There will be one or two events related to this small makeshift camp! If you are interested in partaking,

you can either sign up when those threads go live, or seek out the Lieutenant IC! (just poke me)

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Gasps, and disbelief.

News arrives by courier to the City of Eldpoint of the fall of Candlewood by an overwhelming horde.

Citizens and visitors alike seem in an almost trance-like shock, fears growing that this may be truly be a war which we cannot win.

In the guard hall, a simple notice is written, detailing reassignments for the two surviving members of the fledgling Candlewood
garrison.
The young Captain Eria of the Garrison is not listed.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
{ ! }
A large force was divided, moving to both the ruins of the Lodestar and the settlement of Candlewood. Whilst the defense of the ruins held and rumours of the General - the 'Harbinger' - are that he has fallen, the continued red skies, spores and flame are a sign that Candlewood was not so fortunate. Many members of the defense do no return with the others, and fears of the remains of the army moving on for the Landing feel very real.

-

OOC: I'll be discussing with Ice about Candlewood/Spawn and what's next regarding the army there. Candlewood is occupied by demons, and is not safe by any means - But I'll not be destroying anyones builds and will sort with Icefire what it looks like soon!​

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Walls are built north of Eldpoint, along with a gatehouse and many towers, armed with scorpions.

A field hospital is set up behind the lines, along with trebuchets erected by the Realmsguard.

It seems the demons are in for one hell of a fight.

Jazzper TagTeamChampion

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
165068700962024140.gif

{ ! }
Somewhere amongst all of the dreadful news of demons and battles - it is rumored that the Siren's Song in Storm's Landing is under new management by madame Ardaline and has also become a pub and lounge establishment. Certainly small yet well-kept, it has become a gem amongst the dirt and brine of the slums. A small stage has also been built for all sorts of performers to use; be it for music, poetry, comedy, skits, dancing, etc. The criminal population of the city would whisper of the den beneath the building for the partaking, buying, and selling of unlawful substances such as Opium, Ashen Bloom, Ecstasium, and Reverie to name a few. The Siren's Song invites all to come have their troubles whisked away, even if for a brief time.

165068700962024140.gif

siren1.png siren2.png

165068700962024140.gif

(OOC: I'm making the brothel building in the slums an RPable spot now that the first floor is just a pub and lounge area, but not hiring anyone ICly to remove any chances of rule breaking. An RP position for a barkeep and a bouncer is available, though! It can be assumed that things happen behind the scenes, and that is the extent I wish to keep it at for obvious reasons. Please refer to this thread if you're uncertain about something. I am fine with folk hosting events here as well and making use of the stage or den, I encourage it and it can be said that they spoke with my character about it! Let's bring more RP back to the slums :D)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
For half an hour, Advertising for the Sacchrine shrine with words made of light could be seen from passerbys. It seems business is booming in spite of the impending threat. Perhaps people eat their feelings.

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
For half an hour, Advertising for the Sacchrine shrine with words made of light could be seen from passerbys. It seems business is booming in spite of the impending threat. Perhaps people eat their feelings.
Additionally, all of the tea leaves have been mixed together and into separate boxes by an anonymous party.

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
[ ! ]
Word would travel of the Adventurer’s Guild seeing the construction of fortifications.
Palisades, ramparts raised.
Stakes, and spikes dug into the ground around the area.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·
To promote and encourage the free access to education to some of the poorer people in the landing, word spreads that the athenaeum is offering free food and drink at the end of every lesson or while they enjoy quiet reading should they request it.

Other gossip mentions that should someone try to take advantage of this system the ghost librarian will haunt them and place a curse upon their soul.

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Rumor's tell that currently a set of jewelry imbued with Korog's power is on the market. Supposedly only three sets of these unique items exist never to be remade again. The field set of Gold and Citrine. Their may be a fourth set that's out there but no one's really sure.

OOC: A few imbue gem (x) items exist on the market. First to come are first to get it, I won't be recreating any of these items from the set so you'll have yourself a somewhat unique set of jewelry. More imbue gem items might appear in the future. And yes a fourth set does exist, just not on the market.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Smoke on the horizon from Storm's Landing affirms the destruction of the Adventurer's Guild, and the forward
camp that was stationed there. Several of those who fought there return to the city with Lana Wake tending to the
injured who were evacuated. It does not take a genius, however, to realize that many more did not return from the
fighting.​

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
[ ! ]

Quite an oddity is put on at the Eldpoint Cathedral: across the city, residents were called from their trades and homes to attend a grand spectacle.

Inside, several devout of Sallana joined the children of the city's school and academy in a grand choir, led by Anwar of Sool.
Filling the grand structure with
the sound of music and
echoing into the gardens outside, the music instilled a sense of spirit and hope for those
in attendance.

Some in the crowded Cathedral swear they could see the Queen herself amongst those singing!

adam_unavailable

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
The candlelit memorial near Frost's Charity smithing has been spruced up in the twilight hours of the night, every night for the next week for half an hour the candles will be lit in the colors of Sallana.

(They are lit normally when I'm not on.)