Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Beta/Alpha testers/game designers.

bettymorlock

Queen/I build cyber weapons dnt mess with me♥
ok well i played the game and whenever i try to talk to someone, their chatbox doesnt show up, but i showed it to someone else and they said it showed up for them so it might be just me. hmmmm
yes there is an issue with the unnamed red guy in the town if you enter and leave your house then try and talk to him it doesn't work sometimes. I have to rewrite the dialog box code I think. It's not going to be fun.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, played the game, found a few things for you.

Bug house.png
I'm on top of the world house!

Impass Block.png
The block i'm facing is impassible.

walkthroughsign.png
I can walk over this sign.

fell off map.png
And to finish it all off, I finished by joining Bewpy in the void of off the map. I believe this is the opposite side to the path where Bewpy fell off.

Now, it doesn't seem fair to report such minor errors without some form of positive feedback now does it? :) :
  • I cannot stress how much I love the music style, I love 8bit and the tune itself was brilliant. I especially liked the music of the second area, it was intense, like a battle scene. I thought something was gonna jump out and attack me!
  • Those trees, you have them nailed, they look beautiful!
  • The town looks really small and quaint, I just want to pat it on the head!
A couple more things I want to highlight, these are meant to be constructive, I understand there are very few people working on this at the moment so not everything will be perfect.
  • A couple of the people sprites look a tad amateurish (which is just rich coming from me). Compared to the scenery they look a bit out of place.
  • The grammar of the sprites is lacking, although I can understand that isn't anywhere near the highest priority right now.
  • I seem unable to talk to people unless i'm looking at their face, ie I can't initiate the talking script from the side.
  • The second area seems a bit bare. One house and a sword.
I know this is a work in progress so please don't take this to heart, I just wanted to make sure these were highlighted in case anything was missed.

bettymorlock

Thank you very very much Itzzaboy.

first off I would like to say "crap!!!" I missed another house roof top.hehe

Also in the 2nd pic how did you get to that scence (first scene, from the right house, left house, from the road)

The sign is currently an actor Im working on getting a diolog sctipt on it and the built in collision system in broken for styencyle (I am working on a fix)

Walking off the map was kinda something I did on purpose. because I am going to be adding new parts to the map maybe ill add a gate or something for now.

as for the sprites we did not create them they came from the forge and I completely agree with you. I just put the sprite that pope made into the game(not uploaded yet) and she is freaking B-EAUTIFUL. The hair animations are amazing.

for the dialog I literally just typed random crap into the text bars. (Also in the latest version you can click on the desk in the right house and get a dialog script)

the issues with having to face an NPC to talk to them is partly the same issue as the collisions. I am still working on that.

The 2nd area is bigger then you think it is......... go down haha.

Also one last thing...... I love you ;)-

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Also in the 2nd pic how did you get to that scence (first scene, from the right house, left house, from the road)
The right house

The sign is currently an actor Im working on getting a diolog sctipt on it and the built in collision system in broken for styencyle (I am working on a fix)
Would it be possible to use normal impassible terrain collisions until such a time?

as for the sprites we did not create them they came from the forge and I completely agree with you. I just put the sprite that pope made into the game(not uploaded yet) and she is freaking B-EAUTIFUL. The hair animations are amazing.
I could attempt to help you with sprites if you give me a size specification to make them to, although i'll say now that my art skills in general suck. Someone I could point you towards is JustShadow, he made some sprites for me before and they were fantastic.
Can't wait to see the Bewpy Sprite!

for the dialog I literally just typed random crap into the text bars. (Also in the latest version you can click on the desk in the right house and get a dialog script)
I did try to click that desk. It's my Pokemon mentality of pressing interact on everything that looks interactive, beds, refridgerators, signs, you name it, I click it.

The 2nd area is bigger then you think it is......... go down haha.
I would, except that once I fell off the edge of the world, my player had some difficulty flying out of the void and continuing on her journey. :p I'll have another look around in a bit.

Also one last thing...... I love you ;)-
:eek:

bettymorlock

quote=
Would it be possible to use normal impassible terrain collisions until such a time?

I could attempt to help you with sprites if you give me a size specification to make them to, although i'll say now that my art skills in general suck. Someone I could point you towards is JustShadow, he made some sprites for me before and they were fantastic.
Can't wait to see the Bewpy Sprite!
I am currently using impassible terrain atm. It kinda likes to break the game though when I first place in an actor. So I have to fiddle with it till it works, and takes more time then I want to spend on it. I think I have the collision issues narrowed down though I think it has to do with my character movement code. Like I stated in one of my other posts stencyle is kinda lacking on a few things. One being the collisions and another being the dialog systems.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, i'm just looking for quickfixes using my basic knowledge of scripts and permissions from my Pokemon hacking days (which still exist, although dwindling)

bettymorlock

Ok here you go...
*updated to 1.4.7

Added bewpy in the lake in area 2 (currently she is just ontop of the water looping through all of her animations, I don't have anywhere to put her atm I haven't even started that lvl. yet.

Also fixed the easy buggs above.
OMG FOUND NEW BUGG. DO NOT ATTACK THE SIGN WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T ATTACK THE SIGN!!!!!!!! FATAL ERROR CRASHED MY BROWSER.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Ok here you go...
*updated to 1.4.7

Added bewpy in the lake in area 2 (currently she is just ontop of the water looping through all of her animations, I don't have anywhere to put her atm I haven't even started that lvl. yet.
Yay

OMG FOUND NEW BUGG. DO NOT ATTACK THE SIGN WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T ATTACK THE SIGN!!!!!!!! FATAL ERROR CRASHED MY BROWSER.
Lucky I didn't know the attack button then :p

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Another bug, although it's probably an intentional one, you cant enter the orchard house.

LockedDoor.png

Also, I CAN'T FIND BEWPY! :(

I checked the entire lake area and she was nowhere to be found.

Another thing. In the area between the pathway and the orchard, I encountered a lot of lag and decreased movement speeds, made getting from one to the other a bit of a chore.

bettymorlock

bewpy.png
Just go down the right side of the map you will see her. she is right at the top of the lake.

and yes I haven't added the orchard house yet.

bettymorlock

oh and what do you think of the terrain transition.. is it too tacky I kinda took the idea from mc a bit.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I went to that part of the lake, she wasn't there.

Also, I think it's a bit too sudden. The terrain change.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
the thing about the terrain change is i think it looks fine going into darker colored areas but when you have the light grass areas in a large dark area it looks tacky yeah

bettymorlock

the thing about the terrain change is i think it looks fine going into darker colored areas but when you have the light grass areas in a large dark area it looks tacky yeah
so yo think I should flip it..?dark to light rather than light to dark..?

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
moving into the darker area it's like, you can tell it's getting thicker and lush
Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 9.43.27 PM.png

and then random patched of light colors is like weird
Screen shot 2012-06-12 at 9.43.43 PM.png
does that make sense?