Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cassiopiea's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Cassiopiea

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Cassiopiea

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I'm from the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
From what I understand, metagaming is when your character knows something they shouldn't, as it hasn't happened in rp, such as knowing someone's name when they haven't told them or your character knowing they've done something despite not being there to witness it. Powergaming is when you put words in someone else's mouth, so to speak - having a group of people that protect or give you info that you made up, or saying for yourself what happens to someone else's characters or items without their permission. This would include having overpowered character's that can't take damage or lose items.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1

8. Tell us about yourself!
Ooh, okay, I can take my serious face off for a minute here. Hi, I'm Bee! A lot of people call me Cass, though, for pretty obvious reasons. I like space and science in general, but I've got a huge love for fantasy settings too. I'm studying zoology - and got a little cat named Milo! I can be kind of timid when initiating conversations myself, but if you talk to me first it's easier for me to get into it and discuss whatever you want. I love storytelling, so in the past I've done purely text roleplays fairly often, but I haven't much since starting college. Getting immersed in an environment such as what this server does is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but this is the first place I've found to push me into it. I also like to use cute smileys and things, but if you guys don't want them on the forums either I'll make sure to refrain from doing so. uvo

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Oh, yes! Actually, I do draw a lot. Mostly digital, but traditional as well occasionally. I take commissions on some websites, but I'm on a break due to some irl things. I can still post some pictures, though!

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Elgantine Caulfield

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Elgantine stands at about 3'1". She has fair skin with a collection of freckles splattered across her nose and shoulders, gray eyes, and fiery auburn hair, cropped short (not quite shoulder length, but not much shorter) for convenience. She can often be seen in a somewhat tattered dress - fading green with a brown skirt, two patches toward the bottom and top of the skirt, and a button or two missing from the bodice - and a pair of sturdy, but worn boots. She carries a small and poorly crafted dagger with her on occasion.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I'll put something together once I've made sure an appearance is approved!

Written Test!
Sunlight streamed through a single window, rousing the small figure bundled up underneath it. A blanket unfurled, spilling onto the floor, as a young halfling stretched herself out, popping the kinks in her joints. After a few moments, Elgantine was upright and pulling her dress over her head, shoving on her boots, and swiping a small sack from her table. After a bit of consideration, she tucked a small dagger into her bodice as well. She doubted anyone would want much from a woman such as herself, but it never hurt to be safe. She had been planning a market trip for most of the week. Though she couldn't afford much, it would be best to stock up while she could. Elgantine had been traveling from town to town until recently, and as a result didn't have much to her name, but she lived in hope that one day she'd be settled. Still, it was hard for a wild and impulsive girl to make money. She had thought to perhaps sell some of the extra herbs and vegetables from her small garden, though most of it she had ended up keeping out of necessity.

Elgantine hummed to herself quietly as she traveled the worn path to the nearest town, scuffing up dirt with her boots every so often out of habit. The small sack passed back and forth between her hands, the few coins she had smacking against each other with sharp rings into the morning air. A slight breeze blew past, a freshness born in the Alteran air. Elgantine tossed what she could of her hair out of her face and lifted a hand to her forehead, eyes squinting as the marketplace came into view. She dropped her arm and secured her coin sack in her fist before taking off at a quicker pace, a new spring in her step. The market was bustling in the mornings, people from the town gathered in crowds outside despite it still being the Season of Frost. Elgantine had always thought town life to be a curious thing. She was strangely drawn to it, despite her general instinct to pack up and leave an area after a few months. Perhaps one day she would find herself living in a place like this as well. For now, though, she would stick to her little garden and shack on the outskirts. Thought out of mind, she took to examining what of the town's wares she could. It was often difficult to find her way through a market made for those who were much taller than her, but she would manage somehow.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations, Cassiopiea!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.