Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Don't Call It A Comeback [Approved - Niko]

GoldenProphet

Lord of Altera
What is your MINECRAFT username?

XxOpticSwagcXx

How old are you?

18+

Where are you?

US of A

Have you read our guides yet?

Yup

In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming: Using OOC knowledge IC that the character wouldn't know to your advantage.
Powergaming: Using over-powered rp traits or phrases that control things to your advantage unfairly.

Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, you do not.

Name one of our current Mentors.

Paint

Introduce yourself!

I was whitelisted at the beginning of last year. Looks like I was removed from the whitelist due to inactivity. I can't blame anyone, haha. It's been forever since I logged in. Recently got nostalgic, though. I wanna get back at it. Thought I might as well flex my rp muscles and re-do my application as opposed to just asking to be re-whitelisted (don't even know if that's how that works).

I am an artist. I love expressing my ideas through conversation, but I believe that art can communicate more effectively through its ability to appeal to both the base of human instinct and the elevated nature of the mind at the same time. I enjoy listening to music and relaxing sounds, reading (Sherlock Holmes is a favorite), watching thought-provoking media, engaging in roleplaying games/forums for the creative outlet, and, of course, creating art.

Got any examples of your work?

I consider myself a competent builder. Helped out building in Tambry. As for other media:

Aarmor.jpg

I also do serious stuff. Oil paintings.
I also make my skins. Make them for other people too.

Did you explore our world prior to your application?

Extensively. Loooove exploring and snooping around.

About your character

Name
: Unus (pronounced Oo-nus)

70ish? Not super sure how time flows here still haha. It's the same character I had last time.

Race:

Human

Appearance:

Unusold.jpg
---

The test

Unus jolted upright. He glanced around the spacious bedroom, the walls of which were lined with ornate tapestries. He listened intently to the soft voices drift in through the open window. He leaned back on the bed, reassured that he was... home, for lack of a better word. The place sickened him, though there was no one but himself to blame. He had built it. Built it as a tomb. It was nothing like where he had just been. Where had he just been?

He threw a quilt from his legs, where it joined a pile of others. He slung his feet to the floor, cursing as the joints in his legs popped. He stood, grabbing the emerald from the counter, and proceeded towards the mirror across from the bed. He held the emerald up to a nearby lamp. Twelve years ago today he had commissioned this emerald as a replacement for his missing eye. It was a reminder of Jax that always stayed with him. He hadn't bothered to use it in a while. But after what he had just seen... he popped it in. What had he just seen?

If he concentrated... he could see it. Greens and golds in cascades. A grand cathedral built in the name of Jax. Hordes of people. Money exchanging hands. Things that reminded him of a time now passed. They felt so real. It was a sign.

He pulled on a thick rope. Somewhere a bell chimed. After a moment, the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs could be heard. The door opened, and a thin, twenty-something man entered.

"Good morning sir," the young man bellowed, "Tea today?"

Unus' placid expression didn't even twitch. "Not today. I'm going out, Derik."

Derik's brow furrowed. "Out? Where?" He began gathering Unus' outerwear, despite his disbelief. He held up Unus' shirt and pants.

"Doesn't matter. Anywhere. I've had... a vision." He put the shirt on carefully, smoothing out the wrinkles. He then stepped into the pants, holding on to Derik for balance. He held a hand out for his jacket.

"A... vision, sir?" He was well acquainted with Unus' religious beliefs, but he had never claimed to have such a personal experience. He handed the jacket over.

Unus grabbed the jacket, continuing, "Yes. A vision sent by Jax. I'm not out of the game yet, Derik." The words came out more confidently than he had said anything in a long time. This dream... it had to be a sign.

At this, Derik decided to remain silent. Unus had told him many tales of his past. Tales of industry and gambling rings. Tales of politics and cutthroats. Tales of loyal friends and sworn enemies. It sure seemed as if he was, in fact, out of the game.

Unus smoothed his hair back, admiring himself in the mirror. Funny... he looked a lot like how he always imagined Jax to look. He turned to Derik.

"You're fired, Derik."

The blood drained from Derik's face. "Fired, sir?"

"You heard me." He said as he slid into the jacket and pushed past the young man. Derik stood in stunned silence for a moment before following Unus down the stairs.

"Is it something I-"

Unus cut him off before he could continue. "I suppose I'll leave you the house. And all the..." He pointed to the rows of paintings on the wall as he walked.

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"All this. I don't need it anymore. I'm going on to bigger and better things... like I always should have. Like I always knew I would."

Unus grabbed his heavily ornamented walking cane, then swung the large home's glass doors open. He stood in the doorway, taking in the small, remote town outside. It had been a while since he had left. He felt Derik grab his arm.

"Sir. You can't just... leave me with all of this. What are you thinking?"

Unus responded without turning around, "Yes, I can. And I have. The papers for the house are in... one of the drawers upstairs, probably. Shouldn't be hard to find a buyer for the art." He turned his face enough to give a side glance. "You were a good servant, Derik. A good listener. Go make something of yourself." He shrugged off the hand, straightened his jacket, and sauntered toward the local stable. Derik stared from the doorway, mouth agape.

Each step on the shoddily-paved road filled Unus with a growing sense of re-invigoration. How had he gone so long living off the past? How had he given in to bitter contentment? No more. He didn't have long left, but he would make Jax proud.

A familiar smile etched itself into the grooves of his face.

One more roll of the dice.

{Note: I'm not planning to assert OOC that he in fact received a vision unless I somehow get permission to do that. Regardless of anything, however, he believes he has.}

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hey dude, welcome back to the server, I remember you way back when I used to role-play in Tambry. There's one small thing I need to go over with you about the application.

-Your appearance shows that Unus has a solid green eye. ICly that cannot be possible and he'll have to have regular eye colors that are attainable for a human.

Other than that, this is a solid application and I hope to see you again roleplaying in HW.

GoldenProphet

Lord of Altera
Hey! I remember you as well. I apologize if this was not stated clearly in the Test, but the green eye is actually an emerald prosthetic. If that's not allowed, I'll change it.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
In that case......
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.