Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Feudal Holdfast] Darkwood

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Darkwood Application Form

Name (RP):

Race:

Link to RP Profile (By this I mean your character description and background profile. Not your forum profile):

Profession:

Reason for joining (ie How did you arrive at Darkwood? What makes you want to stay and make your way in the world here? Are you a new player, or have you been playing the server for a while?):

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Houses and building in Darkwood.

The time has come where town building won't be so thoroughly based within the town walls, as it is getting rather packed in there. I have decided to make the decision to encourage people to build within the towny limits of Darkwood, but beyond the town walls.

Building for residents still won't be permitted within the walls, but beyond them, small houses, or hunting huts will be approved of. Where these houses can be built will be marked out in plots, to make use of the best layout and ensure it remains attractive and uncluttered.

Residents will be expected to follow the style of the buildings that can already be seen. Materials permitted to be used in builds are as follows:

-Pine logs (Dark wood from local trees)
-wooden planks
-Brick
-Cobble (where appropriate)
-Glass panes
-Cobble stairs (for roofing is expected)
-Wooden stairs (an option for roofing)

Anything that majorly jars with the aesthetic theme of the town will be requested to be removed, or taken down if no response is shown.

Houses within the town will be granted to prominent townsfolk who are well integrated and show an interest in Darkwood. Residents of these houses cannot modify their design, but can personalise the interior. If you live in a town house, you can still build your own hunting hut, or forest lodge beyond the walls for convenience if you wish.

Cellars (Basements): If you want a lower level to your house, you will have to ask my permission before digging it, and adhere to the limits of depth that I specify. This is mainly due to the danger of residents getting carried away with their digging and undermining the whole town as has been done before.

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
A Keep!

The time has come where I shall outline my plans for the Keep of Darkwood. It has been a long time coming, but I have finally got my head around the arrangements for it.

The Keep will be located by Darkwood Lake, just to the south of the town. It will be larger than any of the other towers found in the town, and will contain a Great hall, accompanied by my personal chambers.

The lake itself may be expanded in size as I want the Keep to be rather larger, and since the lake itself isn't overly huge, it may have to be made bigger to remain within proportion.

(More plans to come in the future.)

S

Stevey

Will there be a town in the area around the keep in eventually ?

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
Will there be a town in the area around the keep in eventually ?
Yes. Currently we're establishing industries which new members are assigned to. We havent got space yet for private residents, but some tradespeople can live by or in their workplaces. Such as Magia_Fire who has a room off the forge to live in.

If people want to join simply for a house, then it isn't the right town for them. Everyone has to work together as a collective group in order for the community to function. So miners mine ores and stone, for blacksmiths and stonemasons, for example. The stonemasons and blacksmiths in turn supply building materials for other industries, and tools for miners, lumberjacks and farmers. It acts as a reciprocal and beneficial system, so supplies are always at hand in order to ensure the smooth operation of the community projects.

The Keep will be the first project once all the major industries have been established, hence the need for militaristic structure as there is something worth protecting. We'll then move on to other projects, such as castle walls, towers, and other fancy things, such as, yes, a proper town for townsfolk!

(or possibly not at all. I won't let there be a town if it breaks the feel of the settlement.)

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I like the way the town works! I havent even got a house and i normally just hide out in the granary at night. but this town has a real purpose and could becoma a major trading spot in the future.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Just looked again and it turns out i am the Beast Master... Will be an interesting job in 1.9 to say the least!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
/me approves

*stamps stamp of approval on VanGarretts forehead*

I love the idea of people having roles. Its a shame it's too loose to be forced for roleplay purposes and you'd need to make sure you players are active, otherwise you could start running out of resources!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Oh dear, what I miss?

Grip theres no need for you to leave the server, and you cant really be banned for stealing PUBLIC resources, although VanGarrett has a right to kick you out.

You can make good contributions to towns, maybe try a join a town such as Aspendale?

And one last thing, about the language. We may be a mature server but what people dont seem to grasp is that maturity doesnt = age, so we still have a young player base on the server, which is the reason we dont allow swearing and vulgarity, apart from it just being plain nasty.

You need to watch yourself though my friend, i'll hide your and VanGarretts posts so that people dont get the wrong impression of you.

Loss and despair isnt a reason to quit, its a reason to carry on.

alexn27

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'd like to join this town. I'll be an active and fair member. I agree with all the rules you have listed and will try and make this town very successful!

cfdj

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'd love to join this town I'm a relatively new member and I agree with the town rules and it fits my back story

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
As the Farmer of Darkwood I have decided it is time I took on an apprentice to carry on my work. If you wish to be apprenticed to me then please join Darkwood and ask around for Jak or VanGarrett.