Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Gaelwyn

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

╔══════════════════════════════════╗

╚══════════════════════════════════╝

General Information
Name: Gaelwyn
Titles:
Nicknames: Gael
Home:
Social Status: Commoner
Spiritblessed: Water
══════════════════
Physiology
Race: Silver Elf
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 156 lbs
Eye Color: Blue eyes that seem to swirl if someone stares into them long enough.
Skin Color: Pale.
Distinguishing Features: His blue eyes that swirl if you stare at them long enough.
Build: Lean muscle more akin to a swimmer or gymnast.
Hair Color: Black.
Hair Style: Long, straight hair that is pulled back into a ponytail. Strands of hair dangle from either side of his face.
Scars: None.

══════════════════════ ══════════════════════

part1.jpg

Personality
Dislikes: Stagnation, dishonor, and disrespect. Acting out of fear.
Strengths: Gaelwyn is young and has a long path ahead of him. He's determined with a solid goal in mind. Willing to adapt and change as needed.
Weaknesses: His inexperience and youthfulness can cause him to be unaware of a situation, or worse, be unable to handle it. He is his own harshest critic and sometimes has trouble accepting he has done well.
Fears: Losing limbs, being trapped, and not being enough.
Values: Kindness, strength of character, and mastery in a skill. Honesty and a clever wit.
Education: His parents taught him how to read and write like nobility, while his father also taught him the spear.
Languages: Common and Elvish.
General Attitude: Kind, calm, and polite.
Religious Inclination: Provides prayer to all gods, with a focus toward Shalherana and possibly Sallana.
General Intelligence: Intelligent with the opportunity for cleverness.
General Sociability: Social and polite.
Alignment: Neutral.

══════════════════

Possessions

ClothesAccessoriesWeaponsArmor
Loose white shirt with sleeveless robes over it, held close by a cloth sash around his waist and cloth bands around his wrist.
This is accompanied by a pair of black pants and black boots.

Equipped
Nothing at the moment
Remembrance | a recreation of his father's old spear, crafted by Lord Ironwood.
Equipped
Coat of Plates | shoddy armor he found by accident.

part2.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
╔════════════════╗
ASPIRATIONS
╚════════════════╝

Short Term
Train daily | I continue to improve and the fruits of my labor are starting to show. Still, I worry even this is not enough. (IN PROGRESS)
Gain experience | Only through the wisdom of experience can I truly overcome myself and become a master. So learn, learn and grow strong. (IN PROGRESS)
Learn basic healing | I have an opportunity to learn the basics of healing, and if I wish to continue down my route, I am sure those skills will become very valuable in time. (IN PROGRESS)

Long Term
Mastery of the spear | Day after day, I will slowly carve out a channel to my goal. I will become unrivaled in all the lands. (IN PROGRESS)
Mastery in the world | By wielding my spear, I will make my path in the world, and learn the ways of it as a result. (IN PROGRESS)
Mastery of myself | Through honing my skills in the spear, I will have to face myself. This will lead to better awareness of who I am, and how I act. (IN PROGRESS)
Protect | Why wield a spear if not to act? This will be my tool, my means, to protect those who I value above all else. (IN PROGRESS)

╔════════════════╗
DEVELOPMENT
╚════════════════╝

BODY | 4/5

Ranged | (1/5 | 0/3)
Fortitude | (0/5 | 0/3)
Might | (-1/5 | 0/3)
Evasion | (2/5 | 1/3)
Stealth | (0/5 | 0/3)
Grappling | (0/5 | 0/3)
Melee | (4/5 | 1/3)

MIND | 1/5
Awareness | (2/5 | 0/3)
Medicine | (0/5 | 0/3)
Survival | (0/5 | 0/3)
Thievery | (0/5 | 0/3)
Lore | (1/5 | 0/3)
Crafting | (0/5 | 0/3)

SOUL | 1/5
Handling |
(0/5 | 0/3)
Determination | (0/5 | 0/3)
Guile | (0/5 | 0/3)
Intimidation | (0/5 | 0/3)

══════════════════

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
╔════════════════╗
BACKSTORY
╚════════════════╝
Gaelwyn was born to a loving family in Eisenheim, a coastal town to the south. His father was a retired soldier who spent his days talking to other soldiers at the bar while his mother kept busy by gardening, poetry, and tending to the house. His upbringing was normal by most definitions. As Gaelwyn grew up, both of his parents dreamed of him becoming part of the nobility. And so, they taught him the ways of the court, or at the least, what little they knew. At first he hated his studies, but eventually he learned to accept them. Also during his upbringing, his father taught him how to use a spear. The original intention was for self-defense, but that intention did not last long. Gaelwyn took a liking to the spear, some would say almost too much, and even his father couldn’t deter him from this path. He had found his passion.

One day during his teenage years, he was invited to go on a fishing trip by some of his fellow townsfolk. Excited by the prospect of going against the grain, he accepted the invite. Yet sometime during the trip, Gaelwyn fell into the sea. As he sank into the depths of the ocean, trashing as his boots weighed him down, something found him. It entered through his nostrils and swirled into his soul. He felt an unnerving calm overcome him. The ocean started to become more and more like him, or perhaps he became more like the water surrounding him? Whichever the case, his consciousness began to fade. That was when the fishermen reached him and dragged him to the surface.

Once they returned to shore, his parents were angered by the whole accident. Forbidden from ever going out with the fishermen ever again, he was sent to his room to think about his actions. During this, Gaelwyn began to distantly notice he was calmer, more at peace. As if his emotions were diluted, or maybe he was more in control. He couldn’t determine the truth and instead went to sleep that night in confusion.

When Gaelwyn awoke that morning and stepped into the dining room for breakfast, his parents became overcome with fear. Staring back at them, Gaelwyn’s once silver eyes had become blue, and his usual emotional demeanor had given way to a peaceful calm. Even when they pointed out the change to him, he seemed to take it all in stride. At first they attempted to find a way to cure him, taking him to any and every healer in town. But soon, once Gaelwyn seemed to be perfectly healthy, a new thought took hold. His parents thought to themselves, “Ah, but isn’t he the spitting image of what a silver elf should be?” And once that thought developed, fear subsided to acceptance.

After the incident, Gaelwyn would sneak out from time to time so he could spend time in the ocean. He was careful not to get caught, for he did not want to disrespect his parents wishes. So much so that he even denied any invitations to be taken out to sea, although his heart sometimes wished he could. And so this balance went on for a time…

Yet this balance was shattered once the war began. At first, it was just word that demons were invading the continent. Soon after, a small contingent from the demon army made their way to his town, Eisenheim. Although the demons were beaten back, and although there were no casualties, his father could not sit idle any longer. His father took up his spear once more, even against the protest of his family, and joined the ranks of the army once more. This proved to be a fatal mistake.

Not long after the battle at Eisenheim, the main city of Eldpoint took the full force of the invading army and only barely managed to survive the encounter. Word reached Eisenhiem of the battle, and soon after that, a friend of his father’s arrived at their house. He came bearing the news that Gaelwyn’s father was killed in the battle, and returned the snapped off spearhead of his father’s spear. The uneasy anxiety that had been building up in his home burst into full blown grief. They thanked the soldier, invited him to dinner, and spent hours talking about Gaelwyn’s father.

…As time passed, the wound began to fade to a dull ache. They lived their lives as best as they could, and when word was passed that the war was over, the feeling was bittersweet. Then, a vile rumor began to spread; one that fills people with a false hope. A lie meant to tear open fresh wounds. The rumor was that their queen was begging the gods themselves to bring her people back. That she wouldn’t rest until they returned. Yet how could such a thing be true? And even if it were true, when have the gods ever done such a thing? No, it couldn’t be true, and yet Gaelwyn felt that deep wound begin to bleed again. All he could do for himself was cry.

But that rumor wasn’t a lie. No, it was nothing but the truth. Yet it was such a farfetched request, how could one believe the gods would accept such a plea? None, perhaps not even the queen herself. But one day the dead began to return to their homes, to their posts. When Gaelwyn’s father finally came home, they couldn’t believe their eyes. There he was, in the flesh, and a wound that could never be healed was healed.

Not too long after, Gaelwyn reached adulthood. His family celebrated the occasion together as one. It was a joyous feast that went into the late hours. Then, when the sun rose the next day, Gaelwyn took the remains of his father’s spear and set out. It was now time for him to leave the nest and become something of his own making. To become unrivaled with the spear.

(Thank you Reedie for letting me use your territories in my backstory)

╔══╗
HISTORY
╚══╝

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
╔════════════════╗
RELATIONS
╚════════════════╝

Wonderful Friend | Zoslore
Unexpected revelations cause change to come about and
fractures to develop. Through clarity of thought and words,
these fractures are mended and a bond remains whole- yet
fragile. Delicate work is required, else it will fall apart. Do
not fret...
"I will not abandon you."
Honorable Smith | Crusader_Of_Man
Although Gaelwyn knows little of this mysterious lord, he
is forever in his debt for recreating his father's spear, and for
only the materials as charge. He hopes to find a way to help
the man in the future.
"Ironwood? Yes, I know of him. He made this recreation of
my father's spear, after all."
Puzzling Man | TheDeester
Gaelwyn is completely and utteringly uncertain on how to deal
with this man. He is distasteful and rude, yet also does not seem
to be a horrible person. The tempo this man lives to is in such a
way that it perfectly throws Gaelwyn's off-balance and has him
scrambling to get off the back foot. Gaelwyn does not like him.
Further interactions leave Gaelwyn with a better understanding
of the man, and he begins to notice his actions.
Perhaps I mistook him for being rude, and instead, I may be the
one being rude.
Mentor | Kamaoe
This large, imposing earthspawn woman has been a blessing to
Gaelwyn and his goals. She has taken on the role of his teacher
when it comes to the spear, and her vast breadth of experience
has helped him become stronger. He will forever be grateful for
her lessons.Conversations between the two change Gaelwyn's
view of her, from a trainer to a valuable mentor.
"Thank you once again Kam, I am grateful for your wisdom."
Smith, Warrior, Mirror | AionTbird
He is a man who reminds Gaelwyn of the image of a true
warrior: one who is steady through his words and actions.
Although most actions between the two have been sparse,
Gaelwyn holds much respect for the warrior. The man has
given Gaelwyn valuable experience in developing his way
of the spear and provided him an inkling of confidence in
his progress. Through conversation, Gaelwyn learns of
similarities between the two. He wishes to learn more
about the man, to glean wisdom from his experiences.
Know of his choices so as not to make the same mistakes.
Charming Sailor | Juvix_
This lady of the sea shares a similar affliction with the
young Gaelwyn, and as a result, he has developed quite
an amount of trust in her. Her knowledge of the blessing
they share has provided Gaelwyn with much comfort, and
he is glad to have met her. Gaelwyn wishes to better know
this sailor, and perhaps even learn the ways of the sea due
to her help.

Inspirations for the character sheet:
[X] Atlas - Mudpaw11
[X] Amelia Rose - Reedie
[X] Laicelem - xVigil
[X] Velar - SovietReindeer

[X] Vivendel - Zoslore
[X] Avalyn - Juvix_
[X] Halvar - AionTbird
(All of their sheets are really well done, I'd recommend checking them out to anyone who gets the chance!)

╔════════════════╗
ARTWORK
╚════════════════╝

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

gaelwyn.png

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
The sun begins to rise on another day. Out in the fields, beneath a tree, is a silver elf with a spear.
He seems to have been outside since before the sun came over the horizon, if his sweat soaked shirt
was any indication. Every morning, no matter the situation, Gaelwyn rises and practices with his
spear. He will continue to do so forever, he thinks, for his goal is clear:

He will master the spear.
(Finally finished the character sheet! Have fun everyone!)

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
UPDATE
At dawn, Gaelwyn trains underneath the same tree he has been for the past couple weeks. The strikes, his movements, and his reactions are all faster than they were. The combination of natural talent and an amazing teacher has shown their results. Yet, if one were to look at the elf's face, they would find him distracted by thoughts. As the session progresses, the tension he holds for not being where he was needed begins to flow away. His movements become more fluid, more graceful.

Yet in his mind, there is still a single question. One he cannot shake; one he cannot find an answer to. Even when his training session comes to an end, the same thought continues to gnaw at him:

For what purpose do I wield this spear?

══════════ ══════════

Couple things I want to note, since this is the first update:
  • New changes or additions (with the exception of brand new relations) will have their colors swapped. You'll see what I mean when looking over the sheet.
  • Updates will come with a vignette as to where Gaelwyn stands, so that character development can be glimpsed.
Anyway, if you read all that, thank you!

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
UPDATE
Conversations between others provide Gaelwyn with the insights to his questions. Insights that, perhaps, he could not have discovered by his spear alone.

- His time in the tavern with a sailor. Shared drinks and questions asked. Throughout it all, Gaelwyn states the words himself: "Well, I am sure they value your presence regardless."
- Words are exchanged in the swamps with an earthspawn, and throughout it all, the two tell each other their reasons for taking up their weapons. Gaelwyn speaks out loud his response to the question that has plagued him, that being, why does he fight? "I fight for mastery. Mastery of the spear, mastery in the world, and mastery over myself. I- I want to protect those I value."

Together, these experiences put the question to rest as to why he fights. With this greater insight of who he is, Gaelwyn steps confidiently onto his own path with spear in hand.

══════════ ══════════

RELATIONS

-I have added Halvar ( AionTbird ) Avalyn ( Juvix_ ) and Tulip ( Moosh ) Congrats and welcome!
-Updated
Vivendel ( Zoslore ) Kam ( Kamaoe ) and Lysander ( TheDeester ).
-Added a little to
Ironwood ( Crusader_Of_Man ). Lets rp some more!
-Also added a few more character sheets for inspirations, and as always, I recommend giving them a look over. They're all cool.
-Click the line dividers in character names for a special secret.

ASPIRATIONS
-Made major changes to short term goals as well as added new ones.
-Also made some changes to long term goals while added a couple of new ones.

GENERAL
-Biggest change is Gaelwyn's eyes go swirly cause waterblessed. Accidently forgot about that, whoops.
-Minor changes here and there. Gaelwyn grows older.

Changes are in different color as always.

Also stole this changelog format wholesale from Zoslore so thank you!