Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

godfather1 (re-application) [Approved - Somnastra]

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

godfather1 (letter o)
Also have an alt, Thalion_Rissien (letter o) although I'm unsure what the process is for whitelisting alt accounts.

2) How old are you? 16
3) Where are you? Minnesota, US
4) Have you read our guides yet? Yes
5) Introduce yourself!
My name is Connor. I am an introvert, it's worth mentioning, so I won't be as interested in large-scale events and massive public RPs just because of my nature, I'll more be sticking to people I know better and have RPed with before when I was on the server. As requested I should probably talk about something other than the server- I am very passionate about music, both as a listener and as a player of piano (and clarinet, although that's a bit less passionate because I don't have strong lungs...). I also love movies and a few TV shows, although I only watch Netflix really, such as Doctor Who, The Walking Dead and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. In terms of other games I play, I am working on expanding my game collection. I mostly do PC gaming, for example I recently finished Half-Life 2 and I've lately been obsessed with FTL: Faster Than Light. On the Wii I've been into Xenoblade Chronicles (which I bought for a rip-off price of $50, by the way...). I also do photography as a hobby, although not recently because my good camera broke. :( Oh, and lastly, I pride myself on having very strictly liberal ideals but accepting that compromise is necessary to solve almost any problem. I'm an open book.

6) Got any examples of your work?
Unfortunately no.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
No, however I was on the server quite a while ago, so unless the server changed drastically since then, I'm assuming the general feel of the towns and locations is the same. Although I'm fine with it if it's totally different too, new is good.

8) Referrer: (Optional)
Sophe_Deathblade/mavlin (I know others here, but she's the one who really convinced me to come back)

----

About your character
Name
: Kellen Verinon, now goes simply by "Kell"
Race: Human
Appearance: Standing at about 6 feet tall, with a lean build. Wears light clothing, including a dark green cloak that is obviously made from scratch, as well as leather body armor and chaps, and hunting boots. Has hazel eyes and relatively long, shaggy blond hair. If his facial expression were to be compared to an animal, the closest would probably be a weasel. He has a noteworthy scar on the back of his left hand, which is visible as he only wears a glove on his right hand.

---

The test
The young man walked silently along the stone path in the starless night. A soft breeze blew from behind, seeming to compel him forward. He grinned slightly to himself as he walked. "Once I get to that city I can start again," he thought to himself. "What do my parents know about wealth? They worked at the level of a peasant for their wealth, and why? Honor? Pride? Some stupid sense of achievement? Why work at such a boring and filthy level when you can take from those who aren't fit to own?" He paused as he walked, glancing back in the direction of the large house at the top of the hill of the village he was walking away from; the house where his parents would now be awake and looking for him and the small amount of money he had snatched from his father's chest. Kellen Verinon chuckled briefly to himself, and continued on his way. "I'll have to think of a new name for myself... I do not like Verinon as a last name anymore. In fact..." He brushed his hair out of his eyes. "Why have a last name? Last names put you in a group, they simply cause prejudice and faulted conclusions. 'Oh, that's so-and-so's son, he must be so honorable and humane.' I've heard that so many times, simply because I have my parents' last name." He brandished the single, boring shortsword he had taken as well, drawing it from its sheath and examining it. "I'll need a more personal weapon than this boring piece of scrap metal... But for now, the name... Kell. Just Kell. I like that." As he continued walking, he naturally grew tired, and so stopped when he came to a thick oak not far off the path, and slumped down against the side facing away from the path so he would be less clearly visible to passersby.

Later, when the morning’s rays woke him up, he stood to find a man crouching down next to him, looking at him curiously. “Oi, thought you weren’t gonna wake up,” the stranger said to him.
“And why should you be concerned about someone you do not know?” asked Kell.
“Well, ‘s the right thing to do,” the man replied matter-of-factly. “Of course I’ll make sure yer alright.”
Kell sighed and stood. He could tell from the man’s appearance that he wasn’t a fighter. “And say I were someone who wanted to kill you,” he said, his voice turning snide. “Say I’m a psychotic murderer who would love nothing more than to see your blood spilled on the ground. Or say I was a thief who would knock you out cold as soon as you turned your back and took your possessions, what then? Tell me, is it really worth the risk just to make sure some armed stranger is fairing okay on his own?”
The stranger, obviously disturbed by Kell’s behavior, stood and took a step back. “Sorry, I didn’t mean anything by it-”
He was cut off suddenly to see Kell’s blade in his hand. He started to run, but Kell easily overcame him and cut through the back of his leg, dropping him to the ground. That day Kell walked off happily with another handful of money, and a meager dagger. “You should be careful who you try to be friendly with, next time.”

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Hey there! I know you're an old member of the server, but we do ask that the test be at least 400 words long. If you'll take care of that, I'll hop right on getting you back online! :)

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Ah, my apologies. I'm horrible at estimating. XD I re-typed it in Word so I could see the word count now, should be fine.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.

2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
For the moment, I'm just going to whitelist your main account, and let you get your feet wet again. Let me know in a week or two, and we can whitelist your alt. :)

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
For the moment, I'm just going to whitelist your main account, and let you get your feet wet again. Let me know in a week or two, and we can whitelist your alt. :)
Fine by me. I only have the one character planned right now anyway. :p