Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

How To summon a Deity

Killmate50

Loyal Servant of Altera
Here's how to summon a deity.

1. Gather incense, beeswax candles, and chalk.
2. Throw them into the air all at once while shouting "GODS ARE A BUNCH OF BASTARDS"
Nah..
1. Grab a small sharp dagger.
2. Find a virgin (or not, depending on what Deity you are trying to summon) and put them on a slab.
3. Rip their heart out and throw it into a lava pit along with 2 other worshipers.
4. Stab yourself in the chest and never again believe in a god again.
5. If a Deity does show up give them your soul and pledge your fealty to them (and it might save your sorry life.)

Just my thoughts! :D

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
4. Stab yourself in the chest and never again believe in a god again.
5. If a Deity does show up give them your soul and pledge your fealty to them (and it might save your sorry life.)
Its more likley that the Gods will show up to help stab you.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well Private is relative, considering how we got factions.
Though I assume its due to faction leaders not wanting other factions/other people hear their plans in advance, that is at least my reason.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I updated the Shalherana post a bit - I will say it here too:
Should my char decide to let you in then note that we might only let you to the spot after certain things have been said/done OR alternatively send you out when we want to do them.

(SHould my char decide means: Convice him? :p )

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
DUE TO THE INFLUX OF PRIVATE SUMMONING EVENTS, I FEEL I MUST NOTE

Helpful Hint #1: "The more the merrier"
The private stuff kinda leaves out people too... :/ the struggle with segregation is real. Even if it makes those to try and join the event, it still makes it tough on those not part of many events.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
The private stuff kinda leaves out people too... :/ the struggle with segregation is real. Even if it makes those to try and join the event, it still makes it tough on those not part of many events.
There is at least one public summoning in the works that SOMEONE (*cough* The Living Ghost *cough* Ced *cough*) hasn't made a thread for yet.

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
There is at least one public summoning in the works that SOMEONE (*cough* The Living Ghost *cough* Ced *cough*) hasn't made a thread for yet.
Thanks som! I was about to see if I could go to that since Elmond use to worship that god. A question for Mich if this is seen! So if a certain god like Jax was summoned, a character that has worshiped many times too would have a advantage?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Dunno if "advantage" is a proper term here. :p I'd imagine a Deity would like the popular feeling of seeing someone that is devout, though.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Thanks som! I was about to see if I could go to that since Elmond use to worship that god. A question for Mich if this is seen! So if a certain god like Jax was summoned, a character that has worshiped many times too would have a advantage?

As @TheDeester said, I wouldn't quite call it an advantage - However, a devout person is much more likely to tilt the event then, say, a heretic. I'll do my best to keep actions quite effective as a whole, but it is simply a matter of how characters are going to be regarded by the Deity mechanics.

To put it very, very simply -
Heretic = Someone who might very likely be regarded unfavourably, or simply ignored.
Devout = Probably paid attention to or regarded

Keep in mind this can vary and alter from event to event! :D