Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

It all needs to start somewhere...

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
+IGN: - Valonyx.

Character Name: - Arthorius Arcturus I, now known as Thorius du Lavoyard.

Divine of choice: - Lord Ignis Synnove.

Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: -
I have no issues at all anymore.

History of IC worship: -
I hope i can claim without any arrogance to having built a lasting civilisation to Harateth, or Ignis. For nearly two OOC years, I have accomplished many actions, ever so faithful and unrelenting in my crusade for the Sun.
Two years ago, my very first action on the server was creating a military organisation, the Golden Crusade, which, through all adversity and hate, succeeded in prospering and growing Harateth's faith across Altera, regrouping a large number of faithful from which some members still last to this day, and have went through several forms and odesseys that deserve to be told. I will enclose a small list of the larger achievements i have come to accomplish to this day serving the sun lord, but of course with the mighty and honorable support of the Faithful.

Please notice that the first part of worship accomplishment were made on my first character, Magnus, the uncle of the one i'm playing right now. As so, you can feel free to either consider them or not. However, it would be good to notice that both chars carry the same ideals and similar mindsets, while my first one is more kind and patient in nature, and the second one is rather... determined.

-Founding of the Golden Crusade, that reached an unbelievably large number of members, and paved the way for a culture to be born.

-Construction of Old Harlaus, the very first Holy City entirely dedicated to the worship and pilgrimage to Ignis, the Sun God, in which Magnus was the ruling mayor, a title that was once referred to as ''Lord-Commander''.

-Fought for Harateth in the battles of the Exodus we now know. (Not talking about the more recent war agaisnt Grief)

-Founding of the Church of Might, a religious organisation dedicated to the sole worship of the Sun (Harateth) and two other Gods, one which is now deceased and the other one a traitor to our Faith, and presiding it as Archbishop.

-Toppling of the old Inquisition and High Church with the help of Great Houses Arcturus and Cromarcky, and inauguration of the Church of Might as prime alteran ecclesiarchy under Queen Leminth until the battle of Salts Ridge.

-Battle of Salt's Ridge, to purge the heresy of Kilrox worship (or was it Jishrim worship? That was so long ago...)

Now would be the IC actions made for the Sun as Arthorius, son of Lord Marcus and nephew of Archbishop Magnus.

-With the help of his father, Arthorius founded the Grand Lion Empire, a fanatical empire dedicated to the worship and expansion of Harateth's holy realm, and presided over it as Emperor.
-Furthermore, founding and construction of Novus-Harlaus, the spiritual follow-up of Old Harlaus.

-Partnership and funding of the construction of the White Cathedral, a large, sanctified temple still up today entirely dedicated to being the holy seat of Harateth's (and now Ignis's) Faith.

-Marched an army alongside Queen Leminth in Harateth's name, to vanquish Queen Grief from Altera once and for all.

-Founding of the Order of the Fallen Light, a military organisation bringing the values of the Sun to the heathen. Served under Saint Dormus for a while, and attempted to protect the Holy Relics, while sadly some of them were destroyed.

-Construction of Le Havre, the third seat of the holy church of Ignis, and founding of House Lavoyard, once again living by the values and church of the Sun.

-Protection and holding of the Sun Prophecy until death, the holiest of words of Lord Ignis on earth.

-Instauration of the Holy Lyserium Ecclesia, to convert and purify for Lord Ignis and ultimately launch a croisade for his Might.

-Many various smaller events and moves to further His power on Altera.

View attachment 51989

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): -

I ran multiple organisations through my Hollowworld career, from Churches to armies and Empires, and am currently head of a religious and culturally special nation. However, all of those great works would not have been possible without the help of my friends and allies throughout the years, which have greatly worked towards building up the ideals that have now become Arcturus, and lately, Lavoyard.
Why are you interested?

Because I have taken as my duty to protect and further the cause of the righteous, and I would rather die (in RP, of course) then see the worship of the Sun fall. Furthermore, our civilisation would take this chance as a gift of the highest honor from our spiritual Lord, and would march ever stronger once more. Even if we lately had some differents and perhaps troubled times, I truly still stick and remained Loyal to the Sun through all adversity, and wish to continue my work for Lord Ignis once again, and until my characters are dead. I, without bragging, think I can still prove and have proven my capabilities for this post through the months and events over and over again.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short):

An Exalted would be the Champion and mortal personification of a God, a being truly faithful and loyal to his Lord or Lady, who would without question give his or her life for the betterment of his most gracious diety.
May I ask why you are listing Magnus' achievements under Thorius' name? :p

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
In power lockout, will do when I can guarantee pristine, non-phone quality.

Hnng.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
+IGN: - mairinbaihn

Character Name: -
Mairin Baihn
Divine of choice: - Theodra the Huntress
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - No issues at all with the OOC components. Will be no issue with the IC components so long as she is focused mainly on going after those who are heretics to Theodra's way specifically (ie: Forest burning, poaching, harming of the wilds or innocents). Don't believe this to be an issue though, so no issues with IC components either.
History of IC worship: - Mairin has been a hunter most her life, which has been quite long at this point. As soon as she was aware of Theodra she took up her beliefs in regards to hunting. Treating the wildness with the respect it deserves. She thanks both Theodra - for guiding her bow - and the animal itself for the sacrifice it's made. She kills quickly and cleanly in the name of Theodra and never kills unless the animal is needed for some purpose. She was unable to keep a worship journal, as she was illiterate until recently, but she keeps one now. During the last war, she fought to uncorrupt Theodra and battled the corrupted God Harateth in her name. Her home, Cridhe, is becoming a hunting grounds and place of education for those who wish to live by Theodra's ways. A shrine will be built there as well to honor the goddess and anyone spending time in the region are expected to follow strict guidelines in how they treat and respect the wilds around them.

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): -
I have been the major/owner of several places throughout my time here on Altera. First being a representative both OOCly and ICly of old Timbervale, as well as the main builder for the town before it was removed. Then Crestshire, a farming district after that. With the move to the new world, I restarted the farming district in the name of Cridhe, to act as a supplier for Tauredel in RP and OOC. This was my primary region until I was given Thiil by Ptiber when he left. Since I already had my plate quite full, I integrated Icefire into ownership of Thiil so the town would struggle with my inability to keep up so many things. I know co own it with him and we make decisions together. I've done some lively events in the past, the most prevalent being one of the Alteran balls, as well as assisting with other events as the staff coordinating them needed. Currently I manage the In Game Technical section as staff, and organize/manage a team helping with that. Also have been, and am starting again, a Sentinel for the Rangers Guild. Working on recruiting and training new Rangers, as well as working with the other Sentinel's when issues arise that threaten the world or the wilds they work within.

Why are you interested? -
I've wanted a more solid direction to take my character for some time now. Though she is still involved in the Rangers, I feel like she should do more with her life, as she's gotten older and more wise in the process. Her love for Theodra has always been there, even if it was private and without a clear direction. I hope if she's accepted to build on that, giving her a clear focus and purpose. Her ideals and actions fit well with the lore for Theodra I believe and I truly think she would be suited for this position. It would be interesting as well to work with this new lore, and other players involved in it, to see what we can create through it and what outcomes will be produced.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): -
The Exalted in OOC shall be organized with their part of the forums, and respectful to the others they will have to work with. Also able to keep things secret when required. ICly the Exalted must abide by their deity of choice, and work with the other High Council when called together in times of need, abiding and working with the Divine Law.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
+IGN: - Daratrixi

Character Name:
- Landir the Witty

Divine of choice:
- Silas

Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here:
- Indeed I have and I've not seen anything wrong with any of it. IC is IC and OOC is as it is after all.

History of IC worship:
- Landir has gone through a rough time pertaining to the Gods. At first he had worshipped Harateth and joined the Order of the Fallen Light. Gaining knowledge of weapon, armor, and sailing as he was with the organization. During these times, Landir had questioned many things and learned more and more. After the showing of Ignis however, he began to question the God he was worshipping. Landir believed that Harateth was dead and that Ignis was merely a replacement. This lead to the lack of faith in Ignis and his separation from Harateth.

After that scandal, Landir had looked towards Crusade. After all, he was a Mercenary before and had found that he was rather good at "Hack and Smash". Soon though, he began to disagree with conflict constantly as he found himself being the moderator for peace and the one person who was keeping others away from slicing throats and chopping off limbs. During this time with Crusade he found himself teaching more than slaying. Giving peace rather than stabbing anyone who annoyed him. This lead to his "devotion" of Crusade falling.

During such times came the one moment that had changed everything for Landir. He had personally met Silas. At first, he thought Silas was just another ordinary person as one would expect. After all, it's insanity to jump to the conclusion a GOD just walked into the tavern you were sipping scotch at. Landir talked to Silas, made him steak, and served him rum. Soon he found he was enjoying the conversations he was having with his newfound friend. Soon however, the tavern began to fill and people began to surround the two. Peculiar at first, Landir paid no mind of what was happening. Soon however, 'hostilities' began to arise as did talk of burning heretics. Landir, sick of religious nonsense and finding no reason for this, had stood up and defended Silas unknowing of his Godly ways. Soon conversation moved away from burning towards different things. THEN CAME SCARDRAC. To where once more Landir ended up putting himself before everyone, however, he had words with Silas in hushed tones about "Not expecting to live come soon." Thankfully, Vorar had appeared and persuaded any and all violent actions to cease and desist. Not all was through however, as Silas had shown his true form after words were exchanged with Vorar. This led to disbelief among the patrons of Knight's Haven's tavern. Nonetheless, Landir became friends with Silas that day and even bear hugged him before he left.

Having met Silas, Landir began to think over if he was truly following the right Gods. After all, Silas was an intelligent, well meaning, and kind fellow that had even talked to him. A God that roamed the realm of mortals. This lead to Landir forgetting war and death and moving onto knowledge and prosperity. As if a weight had been lifted from his back, Landir proclaimed himself a "Knight of Knowledge" and had set out to teach and learn. This shown through his educating of persons and himself learning different languages. On Landir's 'journey' as he would call it he had gone to Makorath Estate. After converting Brogan into agreeing that Silas was a better God than others, the two began preparations for the remake of Makorath's castle. Landir had begun the plans for making the training room into a library. As well, he has planned out a shrine to Silas. [I just need to get Endstone or something that replaces it OOCly. >_>]

With his new ways founded, Landir has devoted himself fully to Silas. Having begun teaching his squire more so in combat and armor as well as answering any questions people may have. Even with patience tried with questions, Landir has took on the motto "What would Silas do?" when it pertains towards questions, answering them, and giving people the initiative to research their own ordeals and ideas.

Also did I mention he was best friends with Silas?

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - I've ran cities and towns more often than not on other servers as well as IRL I've helped plan and make projects. I can easily handle all stress that comes to me and I prefer to make actions happen rather than sit around and do nothing about it. Even in plays I've helped organized and plan aspects of it such as lighting, materials, and scripts. Even more so, IRL-Wise, I've helped organize my friends into groups to get goals accomplished.

Server-Wise, I've helped keep a small hidden group in check when I was in Azerport "On the Lam". I had made quick reaction forces and undergone many types of quick thinking actions. During the Order of the Fallen Light I had converted characters towards Harateth and had them join us/wish to join us. Over all, I do believe I'm rather grand at organizing, doing events, and running different things.
[Can't you just feel the arrogance?]

Why are you interested?
- I must go where my character goes. I do believe Landir has a good chance of being one of Silas' chosen prophets. As well, I absolutely adored RPing with Silas. He was the type of person I could spend hours and years talking to and conversing over matters that were unimportant other than for the sake of knowledge. I also wanna see what happens with the more 'helpful' boons. [Helpful used sarcastically]

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short):
- The Exalted must host events, rituals, prayers, and convert those who may become part of their Religion. Exalted are the CHOSEN High-Priests/Priestesses of the Gods themselves. They are the tongues of them, their route into the mortal realm. Exalted is not a position to be taken lightly, it is a position you must take knowing full well the consequences and the benefits. Exalted by no means is a way for you to suddenly grab power, if anything, you'll be targeted more. I expect for this position to be fun yet also laborious. Two things which I quite enjoy personally.

You must be discreet about what happens with the Exalted. You must have the ability to be ICly Arrogant of your place or to be hush about it so no one targets you. You must be able to be flexible and on a schedule that allows you to easily cooperate with the others. You must perform IC actions that may conflict with OOC wants. Essentially, either you devote your all to this are you get nothing. I'm here to devote my all.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
+IGN: - TheDeester
Character Name: - Abel Thorne
Divine of choice: - Theodra the Huntress
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: -Have read, don't see any problems. Nothing conflicting. :D
History of IC worship: -Joining what I suppose is rather early in the Rangers' Guild, donning the same religious beliefs as Ced, initially not as far in depth as he. Growing over time to learn the ways of the Huntress in his own training and faith as a Ranger, Abel has been devoted to her ways since the last Exodus. Falling into the ranks of the corrupted since, under her name, shared with the Grey Lady. Meeting Theodra's acquaintance twice, in separate contexts. Consistent in prayer, and willing to follow Theodra wherever her fate, and morality falls.

He does not eat meat that he has not hunted or trapped himself, and will not kill game otherwise. Keeping a consistent hatred of magic, and all things of the type, But not allowing that to surpass his judgement of people, especially those shown strong, clever, or close enough to be considered family. Family, in a less traditional terminology to him is kept in high regards, trusted, and keeping loyal to, unless they prove unfit for the mentality, keeping secrets or acting against. The strong are picked over the weak in his psychological hierarchy, but the wise fare stronger than both.

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): -I mean, there are some smaller things. Managing the Rangers' Guild at the moment, with what that entails, as well as trying to co-manage one coming group. Other than upcoming summonings, I have little else to state.
Why are you interested? -Been waiting a long time for something like this, IC and OOC. I feel Abel is a good fit for the role, and I am more than willing to assist in any way I can. Always willing to help with server activity, and based on character interaction I am more than willing to do my best to promote such.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): -Though this is an application for a position outside of character, this also serves as a show of interest for having your character move in such a direction, rather than immediately being pressed into the scenario. One will have to do much writing, reading, and general organizing in such a role.

Will extend when I can. Needed to get this out, at the very least.

Last edited:

Redworrior83

Legend of Altera
+IGN: -
Character Name: - Galomaltus Alexander Fiora-Engem
Divine of choice: - Theodra
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - I have read over every detail twice to make sure I got all the details and I have no issues here.
History of IC worship: - Galo has worshipped Theodra for as long as he can remember. When he was still living with his mother she had taught him the way of the hunt and all about Theodra. Since Galo reached adulthood he has been going on an annual hunting pilgrimage that lasted from a week to a few months at most and devotes every kill, even when not on the pilgrimage, he makes to her.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - I have lead attacks to help end feuds and used to be second in command for the Engems Stakeout (I am working my way up again after recent changes have been made).
Why are you interested? - I want to bring Galomaltus closer to Theodra than the pilgrimages he goes on and feel it would be a good chance for him to develop more.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): - If you are interested in joining the High Council with a character you need to contact the Gods Lore Coordinator (Michcat) OOCly, so that staff can ensure that communication and collaboration is possible and that the person who wishes to join is able to touch base to make sure everything goes smoothly. The person joining also need to understand that taking on this role holds risks for their character and that they must be able to respect confidentiality and prevent OOC knowledge from leaking into Roleplay (IC actions). It should also be known that a good amount of writing, organizing and/or threads work may be involved in the role, though if this doesn't suit you, you may wish to 'hire' hire someone to help you (Close friend preferably) or seek a different area to take part in. Contact the Coordinator through this thread to avoid them being assaulted by PM's (Unless you are using sensitive information)- Fill in the form when making contact.

Icly, character development will always be important as it is a large part of roleplay and this is a roleplay server. However, there is not much more importance in OOC compatibility and IC compatability (Ooc is slightly more important though) given the sensitive nature of these matters. It helps if your character has a history of worship/contact (On good terms of course) with the devine in question. The world of the Pantheons has been reachable for a long time now and it is possible contact has been made in the past. Aranging the position of Exalted will occur through Rp and character development- This is more of a show of interest.

Last edited: