Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

It all needs to start somewhere...

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
+IGN: - MaelstromPuddle
Character Name: - Thannis Zima'Maloj/Mad Ulfewen
Divine of choice: - The Lord of Chaos: Jishrim
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: -
  • Blessing of Jishrim at a Botched Summoning
  • Sadly Thannis did not receive a mark, because I think the Mark was only a recent thing, but I could be wrong
  • Thannis has not worshiped Jishrim openly for a while. he himself believes the best Chaos is the Chaos no-one expects
  • Thannis is Mentally damaged
History of IC worship: -
  • Starting Chaotic Barfights
  • Capturing people and inducing despair on them by testing poisons on them and framing them for despicable acts.
  • Turning people against others for the Dark gods amusement
  • Mental Worship of the God
  • Conspiring to commit chaos
  • Founded the first Temple to Jishrim in the Northern Kingdoms
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): -
  • The Town of Zima'Maloj
  • The Mad Crusade, however it ran its course very quickly
Why are you interested? - Why wouldn't I be? I was the first to be blessed by Jishrim and I have being spreading his name secretly ever since, I believe that Jishrim himself cares more for Chaos than Madness, Madness affects but one, but Chaos affects hundreds. I am aware that I have up on Thannis half way through "The Return" Campaign, only to have him come back at the end, but I had OOC reasons for it, but i'd prefer not to explain them in a public thread. Thannis has being incredibly devout to Jishrim secretly, now is the time to let it out.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): -
It seems to be a rather large responsiblity as you will be in charge of a Gods matters, it is not something you can simply give up on, you've got to keep things confidential in RP and OOC. It explains what the exalted do and How to keep involved in the RP, you need to handle threads, chose a sucessor and this is very important and not for the "Faint of heart"

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
+IGN: Planar_Infinity
Character Name: Eudoxius Serpentos
Divine of choice: Jax
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: I have, there are no issues whotsoeva.
History of IC worship: Eudoxius has been a worshipper of Jax all his life, having originally grown up in Riddleport with his half-brother Janos. He sees Jax as the truest of the gods, always taking time to pay homage to the deity when he has the time as well as praying to him before any events that involve luck or chance.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): Out of character, I've led quite a few events, as well as a small town over a period of time (which was cut short due to one of those events). I'm putting the final touches on The Academy (YES YES IT'S STILL HAPPENING IT'S JUST TAKEN A BIT LONGER THAN EXPECTED TO SET UP) which my main character, Archaeus, will run; however, if this application were accepted, Eudoxius would most likely become my main character, Archaeus only sticking around to keep the Academy up and running.
Why are you interested? I'm interested because I'm looking to give my interest in medieval roleplay another spark. Unfortunately, it's been well over a year now, and I've grown a little bored with the lot of it, but I honestly think a new medium and responsibility within Altera would spark my full devotion and interest again. In a nutshell, I'm interested because I want some new and different RP.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): Essentially, the thread states that the best chances of being accepted pertain to how OOCly reliable/trustworthy you are, however stressing that character development ability is also very important. It's a big role to fill, which is entirely understood, and it comes at no small risk for the character(s) involved. It is also stated towards the bottom (out of the Exalted section actually, caught it on my second read through) that we are asked to name an heir should our character become an death. Which, I can do easily, who would fit the role very well!

OR

+IGN: GLaDOS101
Character Name: Archaeus Fronte
Divine of choice: Jishrim
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: Yup yup
History of IC worship: He doesn't/hasn't worshipped Jishrim, but Jishrim really seems like the type of god who would make a random choice and force such upon somebody unlucky.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): Listed above; events, towns, Academy.
Why are you interested? I'd love a new direction for character development for Archaeus, as I've kind of backed him in to a corner.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): Stated above!

(The application for Eudoxius is much, much more preferred, if that's the right word. I'd love for th' thing to happen to Archie, but Eudo seems much more likely for a role.)

skuller

Lord of Altera
+IGN: - skuller
Character Name: - Sayd Engem
Divine of choice: - Theodra
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - Reading through it nothing came across as alarming so that'd be no :)
Sayd was born and raised in a remote tribe of Forest Elves. Forest Elves tend to have two main deities which would be Theodra or Shalherana. Sayd being in a small tribe pushed him towards Theodra who he has felt content and comfortable worshiping his entire life. Sayd was born as a hunter and plans to die of one. He prays to her every time before hunting and after in thanks for the success believing it to be her will if nothing can be found. Sayd joined the Rangers hoping that would bring him closer to Theodra and being within a group of her followers his worship would expand. This soon stopped as it undertook drastic changes which led Sayd to believe that he would have to find worship elsewhere. He then joined the Highland Stakeout a group of the Engem devoted to hunting Theodra as their patroness. Since then he has been able to achieve second rank to the war chief and remains content knowing he is doing his best for Theodra. He hopes this will help him to prove himself further.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - As said above I'm part of the Engem. Now only having one war chief which is second to Chalkan and Sayd being second to Darius the war chief it means I too take a large role with helping the Engem. I'm in the position where I watch initiates go through the trials and allow people to join or not join. My advice is heeded and I help around with building running and organizing Hound-ru. Within the Engem there is the Stakeout which I am second to the leader. One of his most trusted friends they tend to have the same mindset and lead the Stakeout together.
Why are you interested? - I'm afraid of coming to a stand still. With this new and more available organisation of a church I would like it if I could bring Sayd to it. Sayd was made to be a typical stereotype Ranger who hunts and lives in the wild. Although not a Ranger I personally still view him of the stereotype and I think that I've been here long enough to take something of responsibility.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): - To make it super short I would describe as something that is the main focus of your character. When accepting this role you must know that nothing else can come before it and you must be ready to work with staff and keep IC and OOC separate. Be prepared that this will take effort and should only be done if you enjoy it which I see myself doing.

Last edited:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I think that simply means ICly Vermella would have a high likelihood of giving Sal the position, I think because she hasn't been put on the list yet she needs to fill out the application. Or else it really wouldn't be fair to give her inquisitor.
^ this.

Edit:
@ironassassin
If you do not apply for Jax I swear Elmond
Says the guy who ain't going Rahas :p

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
^ this.

Edit:

Says the guy who ain't going Rahas :p
;-; I know..... But Tybalt has been and always will be dedicated to Theodra.

When Marr fell into his hands he lead it under the ideals of Rahas however cus that's what he thought be best for Marr. The way he governs a country he does so in Rahas image, however, he will always be more in time with Theodra because hunting, tracking, trapping, and forestry whatnot makes him who he is :)

This is part of what I meant when I said "I don't know yet" ;)

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
+IGN: ironassassin
Character Name: Elmond Nith Engem Marr
Divine of choice: Jax
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: I have no issues.
History of IC worship: Elmond grew up in Riddleport most of his life, serving Jax in all ways he can, gambling in his name, and praying to him when he makes choices that may have him killed. Elmond lives by the way of Jax everyday, for he thinks we are all lucky to live, so we should thank Jax for that. Elmond has judged people by Jax using "Jax's Lucky Die." To judge criminals like Nwalme Fuvur has done before him. To sum it all up Elmonds life evolves around Jax paying tribute to him everyday for him to move up in life and reach his goal to die known.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): I been part of many organizations, like being second command of the Bloody Coin for a while, as being one of the Corrupted. I have been thinking of trying to set up a player event with Elmond as he wanted to write and put on plays. (Cloud maybe wanted to see them I think, for we talked about it a little a long time ago.) As for running a town, I have never ran a town just mainly tried to be a good OOC chuck part of it, and moves up through the towns ranks in RP.
Why are you interested? I have been part of this server for a very long time, I believe I started around 2011. Which through a lot of devotion of playing a character for semi part of that time near Exodus. He never really went up in something how I wanted him too. So from previous events that happened to him, it has sparked my interest to tap into the more religious side of Altera. Than the fighting side that we have had more of.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): It states that you must be prepared to do a lot of writing and thread work with RP with lots of devotion, and be able to communicate for events/shenanigans . As you must have a history of worship and play the mortal instrument you are to that Divine you praise. Also keeping things secret. Have a heir.

@Tybalt

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I could not avoid bragging. I apologize in advance if any part of this comes off as overly arrogant.
also very embarrassed about this...

Ign: gabythedinogirl (ybagthedragonlad)
Character Name: - Salheira Rain-River
Divine of choice: - Vermella
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - no ooc issues with any part of this. Salheira would unfortunately have big issues with there being an inquisition, due to her history with inquisitions and her strict adherence to the Law of Red. she could maybe be convinced to let it slide just this once... but that would take a great deal of persuasion. The Senate of Faith has reassured her that the inquisition will not subject anyone to the same fate that she suffered. she has no more issues.

History of IC worship: - Salheira Rain-River single-handedly brought the worship of Vermella to the Northern Kingdoms, founded the Followers of Vermella, has always followed Vermella since birth and no one else, has defended the truth of Vermella to her dying breath at least once before, built three Houses of Vermella, in Lydel, Al'Bathor, and Falandraal, directly converted nearly every current member of the Followers, wrote a book detailing the legend of Vermella (a myth previously passed down by oral tradition) has held two of the three Blood Moon festivals, proudly bears the sacred cloak granted by Vermella herself, has never sought to break the Law of Red, and never strayed from the path for but a moment.
Vermella is her life's passion.

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - hoowheee time to brag (it says leadership, so I added all my attempts to lead, even if they, er... didn't exactly work out in the end.):
- made up Vermella, and wrote much of her lore before she became an official god.
- created and currently leading the Followers of Vermella, a sizable group with a modest amount of political influence
- somehow became the unofficial caparii lore expert at one point, and am still working on trying to band the caparii players together to collaboratively write the lore
- within like a week of being whitelisted, I tried to rally the people of the server into building an inquisition, and I tried to rally the caparii players into working together to develop a unified people
- everybody probably remembers me making those lore threads when the mass demotion happened...
- worked with @Hogo-Sha Kitsune in building and running his town of Falandraal
- about two years ago, when I created Vermella, I attempted to start a large campaign centering around the god Lycanria and involving multiple characters in unique roles. being immature as I was, that never truly got off the ground.
-about two years ago, I founded a region named Southpaw with one other person. the region no longer exists, unfortunately, though the name lives on as Falandraal's tavern.
- "all Jishrim priests are required to be insane" <- that little contribution is mine
-about two years ago, people would pm me on the forums, asking for help with their character profiles or lore suggestions, even though I was definitely not staff.
- I am a very ambitious person, and for some reason, people trust me to lead them. I don't know why.

Why are you interested? - HAIL VERMELLA
seriously speaking though, I have been so involved with nearly everything about this god so far, I think stepping down or being declined from this position would reflect poorly on me.
and icly, Salheira's so close to being exalted already, I can taste it. literally all she needs to do now is find an heir (god this'll be hard I think it should be Forestrose's character, Eyota), and then politely ask Vermella if she can.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): -
the exalted are the chosen of the gods, responsible for leading that god's followers and ensuring the will of that god upon the mortal world. with this highest of sacred positions comes great responsibility, and lots of communication with the Great Michulu, the Magikarp of California and co-ordinator of everything sacred and holy long may she reign

Last edited:

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
This is an application for the role of Grand Inquisitor.
+IGN: - ArkenGuard
Character Name: - Gelyk Varyn
Divine of choice (If relevant, this is unnecessary here): - Rahas, primarily. Gelyk is open to following any god, as proven in the past as his many years of cherishment to damn near every God, including his time as Inquisitor, rising into the rank of Grand Marshall.
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the Inquisition thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - I have, zero issues with any of it.
History of IC leadership positions: - Gelyk led the Order of Rahas very briefly, which fell through due to school-time and lack of interest on many's parts. Gelyk was Grand Marshall in the Inquisition, General of Marr for a short time; General of the Coalition for a short time; Gelyk was Lord of house Varyn, House Syke, and heir to Dormus. Gelyk used to have a position in Hawklight, fought in the War of Crowns as some manner of squad leader. As Grand Marshall, Gelyk led and had say over any other man in the Inquisition, aside from the Arbiter himself. Gelyk was responsible for training most of the recruits, alongside Syr and a few others. Gelyk was a large defendee of Salt's Ridge, employing some sort of tactic of leadership to drive off the attackers with lowly numbers.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - Ran House Varyn, Co-Ran House Syke, owned Fort Oren in the North. Owned a island in the south, for Pirate RP. Now working on the construction of something new, will be a new town. Was responsible for training many of the new Inquisitor recruits, a process which may take weeks depending on the person. I am a council member.
Why are you interested? - My passion lies in this. I've never had more fun on Hollowworld than during the time of myself in the Inquisition. I'm interested because I think I could .. fit this position fairly well, and because aside from a few others, I'd say Gelyk is essentially the perfect character for this job. Gelyk has dedicated his entire life to serving the gods; often alternating between them, doing his... best to maintain good spirits with most gods. Overall, I'm interested because I am incredibly active, love the job of Inquisitor, and think I have the potential to have this run right.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to the Inquisitor position), in your own words (Can be super short): - Be very, very, very cooperative with the Staff in control of the dieties, events, etc... Have your character follow the Divine law to the golden standard; set a bar for religious excellency over Altera, persecute those who go against the Divine law to the justified punishment provided in such.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I think that simply means ICly Vermella would have a high likelihood of giving Sal the position, I think because she hasn't been put on the list yet she needs to fill out the application. Or else it really wouldn't be fair to give her inquisitor.
oh, that?
in context, that cloak is...
well, the cloak has a really convoluted significance.

it was originally given to Eyota, because she was the only one who did not have a cloak. at least, that was the up-front reason.
as Eyota was the one who actually successfully called down Vermella during that summoning, and the fact that the cloak happens to be a seamless god-leather, instead of, for example, the patchwork cloth cloak Salheira was using, the Followers interpreted it as a sign that Eyota would lead the Followers against Sallana.

so Eyota was given the title "Champion of Vermella," and became the leader of the followers alongside Elfa (who ran Falandraal) and Salheira (the Housekeeper).
when Eyota died, Salheira retrieved the cloak, and began to wear it in mourning. during the next blood moon, Salheira reported Eyota's death to Vermella, upon which Vermella said:
"it has been heard, but perhaps the one who needed to hear it most... was you."
and then she said "the cloak rests on your shoulders now, Salheira."

so really, the cloak is just a cloak, made to keep you warm. but through how the followers treated it, it also became a symbol of leadership.
in the context of the Exalted, however, it seems to imply that Salheira is meant to assume that role, or that she has already unofficially been assuming that role...

or you know, what Patrick said!

(and Sal is /never/ becoming Inquisitor. ever.)
(Im gonna apply for Exalted like everyone else)

/rerail

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
+IGN: K9_Diarmuid

Character Name:
Light Fuvur-Kav

Divine of choice: Silas

Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the Inquisition thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: -I have read them all, and no issues are had.

History of IC worship: Light was previously a devout follower of Rahas, especially during the peak of the Arcturian Empire. However, as time went by, Light became more peaceful and his beliefs have changed with that. Replacing the sword with the book and quill, Light strives to learn as much as possible, and teach others. Through his academic pursuits, Light believes that he is giving his most important tool to Silas; his mind. He also views his work as a Lapidary as an ever-learning experience. Through failure he learns how to work better, and learns about his craft. When Light studies, failure is good. Light believes that the only way to truly learn is to fail.

Light also uses Silas' doctrine as his own, living by example in hopes that other followers will live in the pursuit of acquiring and spreading knowledge. While other Gods seek glory and honour, Light believes that the best way he can serve and worship Silas is through learning and teaching.

Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): With Elrohir, I had a leadership role in the Bloody Coin, Harmaa and the Engems. I also played a role in the downfall of the Inquisition, and ran the the funeral event that followed that ( I did head the funeral event up until I received a wonderful idea from Mich and Kirby, and then handed leadership of the event to Nael and Mich). I have also played a large role in the running of late Bwonoswaicri and early Hound-Ru. Most of the leadership I have partaken in has been with Elrohir, and Engem events or Bloody Coin escapades. As co-leader of the Bloody Coin and Warchieftan in the Engems, I have plenty of accountable experience on HollowWorld.

Why are you interested? I'm interested for a few reasons. A new start to the Inquisition interests me greatly, as I was once on the opposing side. I think Light would also make a suitable fit as an Exalted, and I believe I would OOCly make a good fit. I enjoy working in a team, and also by myself. I also thoroughly enjoy this kind of project, one where I can influence how something ends. Writing and roleplaying have been, as almost everyone here, a passion of mine for a while now. I believe that I am easy to work with, and so I think that will be a big help when it comes to both OOC issues and IC issues being dealt with OOCly.

I also need something to do. Without going into unnecessary details, I have been told that I have to "find something to do". I'm no believer in fate, but I think that this position came at the right time for me. As many know, I am always committed to tasks that I am given, and always keep a enthusiastic attitude about my work.

Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to an Exalted), in your own words (Can be super short): Exalted are the representatives for certain Gods. They work in their name, like a King's Hand. We have to be able to communicate easily and smoothly with the Gods Lore Coordinator. Exalted have got to be able to separate OOC from IC, so that OOC information stays that way until learned of legitimately IC. Character development is important. Also, this is more of a show of interest than a "Hey! You're magically now in a position of great power".

-K9

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
This is an application for Grand Inquisitor

+IGN:
- MRPolo13
Character Name: - Albareth (Or Albareth Elendar-Destrius, if you want to be more specific)
Divine of choice (If relevant, this is unnecessary here): - Irrelevant. Albareth followed all deities to an extent until corruption struck, after which he followed the deities that were not corrupted and aided population in defeating the corruption.
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the Inquisition thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - No issues as I can see. Any issues I may have had have been cleared ;)
History of IC leadership positions: - Albareth was the old Arbiter, before the Church was attacked a long time ago. He is an experienced leader who knows how to run an organisation and who can lead people into battle, as well as ensure everything runs smoothly. Aside from being a tactician, Albareth is also skilled at politics, and has a well-respected descent.
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - The previous High Church of Altera, which I ran for a long time after Spear left the server for a while. I also run Renatus with my alt, but those two would certainly not get in each other's ways. Aside from that, it seems that I can naturally take command during events, especially battle ones, as I'm sure some of you have seen from as far back as the First Exodus. I think that, with clear rules set by staff, I will be possibly one of the better choices on the server. Many of you also know that I love communication and cooperation, and have been pushing for it. This, of course, does not mean to say that I would ever want to spoil any confidential information. :)
Why are you interested? - While I am aware I have not been Role Playing enough as of recent, I most certainly would love to, and having something to do would be an awesome RP opportunity. Also, I have a fortress that needs a use, but that's just me not wanting a lot of time spent building going to waste.
Please restate the information of this thread (Pertaining only to the Inquisitor position), in your own words (Can be super short): -

The Grand Inquisitor's duties, both Out of Character and In Character, are similar to those of Exalted. You'll be working alongside staff and playerbase with organising events and to provide an In-Character spiritual leader, who'd spread faith across Altera.

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
+IGN: - Delta_61251
Character Name: - Maryann Ella Alberg
Divine of choice: - Jishrim
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the High Council thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: - I have read the material and would love to be part of this.
Summoning Jishrim in a jail cell
Received a Mark
Carving Jishrim Symbols into walls and other surfaces across Altera
Giving her soul willingly to Jishrim during a summons
Starting up a following for Jishrim
Causing chaos in a bar fight
Creating a rather cruel and unusual weapon named after him (staff pm me about it if you think it may break lore, because I don't think it does)
Daily prayers
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): - I've organized a few small events, kept people in a combat argument from going off the rp and ranting oocly at each other, and trying to start up a following for Jishrim.
Why are you interested? - Because I want interesting things to happen. Also I would really like a bit of ooc leadership experience, since I have very little, but I'm confident I can do the job.
The role of an Exalted is one of responsibility and risk, but is not without it's perks. Although I imagine being an Exalted of Jishrim would probably have more risks than other deities, but, from my experience, more risks just makes more fun.

Last edited:

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
+IGN: -
Character Name: -
Joseph
Divine of choice (If relevant, this is unnecessary here): -
Pizza Deity
Have you read the relevant OOC and IC components of this position and the Inquisition thread, and are there any issues? If so, please clarify here: -
History of IC leadership positions: -
Head of the Preferential Pizza Policies Foundation... best known as the PPPF
Examples of OOC leadership (Events, organizations, running a town, etc.): -
uhhhh I got nothin'
Why are you interested? -
I'm looking forward to finally holding the title of "G.I. Joe"