Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jack "Gamesplayer310" Fitzpatrick's application [Approved - Snerus]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Gamesplayer310
2. How old are you?
15 years old
3. What country are you from?
The United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, and I am willing to check them again if I forget something important
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I read up on the definitions of meta and power gaming. Power gaming is when you attempt to overpower yourself in role play by eliminating another person's choice or playing a ridiculously overpowered character(such as when you say *I thrust with my sword and stab you to death* without giving your partner a say in what happens after you thrust your sword). Metagaming is when knowledge you have outside of role play influences your actions within role play.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No you do not.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm from New Jersey, and I own a small dog who I love very much. I am a varsity track athlete who enjoys a wide variety of music, but who has a particular fondness for classic metal bands such as ACDC, Metallica, and Iron Maiden. I occasionally draw and write fan fiction, but lack the energy to devote a major amount of my free time to becoming good at either hobby. I spend most of my free time talking to people on Discord and playing various video games, the main two being battlefield 1 and Overwatch. I currently have a part time job working admissions for an amusement park at the Jersey shore.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not really
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Sankera told me about it on Discord
About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Gurgh Dehmarg the Seeker
Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Red head with a beard and leather armor, worn from extensive travel.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Gurgh was born in an ancient dwarven monastery high in the mountains. The denizens of the monastery were fundamentalist worshippers of Korog, and constructed their fortress to insulate themselves from the corrupting influence of outsiders and their foreign gods and practices. Gurgh was raised as a monk, and was taught how to read and write in Horgaahn via the ancient scriptures the monks held to the highest praise. Gurgh was a devotee of Korog, believing that His divine radiance was the ultimate source of good in the world, and that His power could heal all mortal wounds and afflictions.

One day, an outsider came to the monastery in the middle of a blizzard. He was a human, clad in rusty, ill-fitting armor that was heavily stained with his own blood. He was a deserter of some great battle, against who or what, the monks did not know. While outsiders were usually turned away from the heavily guarded sanctuary, the man was clearly harmless, and in need of immediate medical attention, so he was allowed into the confines of the fortress. He was given his own room in the monastery, and Gurgh was given the duty of helping the man recover from his injuries.

While at first Gurgh spoke absolutely zero common, and the man, who’s name was Derek, spoke very little Horgaahn, the pair formed something of a bond during the few days Derek had at the monastery. His physical health was doomed from the start, the wounds he’d sustained in battle already having been overcome with an infection that insisted on festering in spite of the healing remedies, but his spiritual health was another story. Every day, Gurgh read to Derek from the sacred scriptures, and listened to Derek’s stories of his family, told in hilariously broken Horgaahn. It was this family that Derek asked his ashes to be returned to in a strange city known as Flanderport. Gurgh, under the reluctant approval from the monks, agreed.

On his journey to Flanderport, Gurgh saw much suffering. The fields were littered with fallen soldiers, many of whom wore armor similar to those Derek was wearing. He saw mass funerals for the dead, great crowds of widows and orphans practicing strange rituals. He even saw his fellow dwarves, conducting burial rites similar to those he’d been taught at the monastery, and was able to talk to them in Horgaahn. They gave him directions to Flanderport, and, after weeks of calling out in the city streets, he found Derek’s family. His widow, a bartender, took his ashes with a teary demeanor. She spoke even less Horgaahn than Derek did, but Gurgh could see that his loss had caused her much grief. He offered his condolences in what little common he had scraped together from his travels, and went on his way.

But he did not return to the monastery. Gurgh’s travels had changed him. He had seen that this world was cruel, that it’s denizens plagued by a variety of ailments and horrors, and were in need of salvation. It became Gurgh’s purpose to shed the divine light of Korog onto these innocent masses, to protect them from the darkness that plagued their world, and to lead their souls to salvation via His eternal glory.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Thanks for making the changes I requested. As a future note, you can use the 'edit' button on the bottom right of your own posts to edit the original thread instead of creating a duplicate.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.