Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Krinon's Application [Accepted - Paint]

Krinon

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
KrinonValian

2. How old are you?
16 years old, 17 this august.

3. What country are you from?
I live in the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, I've read over all the guides and seen about 90% of the lore, I'm sure I missed some important part somewhere but I mainly get the gist.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would define metagaming as using outside knowledge usually gained from OOC chat in a roleplay and powergaming as making your character more powerful to the point of becoming unbeatable usually, it can also remove choice from the other roleplayers.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself!
I'm your general 16 year old, other than the fact that I have an unhealthy obsession with computers and PC gaming in general.
I'm homeschooled, and usually a bit reserved when it comes to talking about myself (Which is why I like roleplaying servers, to mix it up a bit.)
I love reading, there's something beautiful about simple lines on a page making you imagine an entirely different world.
I frequent sites like Reddit, Imgur, and Youtube, although I usually stay away from stuff like Instagram, Facebook, and etc.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do, I've worked on large scale towns and small scale buildings before. Example below.

9. Did anyone refer you?
Yes, the person that is applying alongside me, Caspian, he mentioned looking for an RP server, so I decided to join him so I could annoy him the entire way.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Talog Earthgrinder

Character Age:

Character Race:
Deepforger Dwarf.

Appearance:
Dirty brown hair, hazel eyes, a majestic beard, 3 feet and 7 inches tall, typically wearing simple clothing, nothing more than common clothes, holds himself proudly, giving an illusory extra inch of height.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I do not currently have a skin, I will be creating one to match my description.

Written Test!
Talog Earthgrinder was a dwarf like any other, he woke up and went to work in the mines, enjoying his work with the passion of any other Deepforger; despite his happiness, he made the decision to move away from his home, leaving the mines and seeking the surface after his father, Nithor passed away.
Upon leaving the mines with nothing but the clothes on his back and a small pack with the vital necessities, he began his journey to explore the world and find another place to call home, to leave his old memories behind and become a new dwarf.
He did not know much about the new world other than the stories that they whispered among each other beside the light of the forges, but he was determined to learn more about the world outside, to find adventure and make new friendships with the strange people that he never learned of.
As Talog climbed, out from the cold cave he had only ever known, he was blinded from the glaring sunlight, when he regained his vision he saw vast valleys and plains, grass billowing in the wind and mountains casting shadows upon them. Animals were roaming them, feeding from the soft, wet blades of grass as the morning dew still wet them.
He was struck with awe as the beautiful landscape filled his eyes, hastily climbing down the rocks that lead to the cave he had lived in, to explore the great and expanding world he had just discovered. He let out a bellow of excitement that echoed across the valley, startling the animals that inhabited them. He started to run with the joy only seen in children, the occasional branch from a shrub scratching at his sides, but it did not calm him, only driving him to go faster as he flew across the landscape.
When his childlike excitement began to wear off, he heard a yelp of panic echo through the forest, and he began making his way towards the curious sound. As he got closer, the hollers for help grew louder and louder yet, until he came across an open clearing, with moonlit stones four times the size of any dwarf he had seen. Near an edge of these stones he gazed upon an elf, hanging from his ankles and swinging this way and that as he attempted to escape from his bindings. He walked closer to the dangling Elf and asked him; "Now what have you gotten yourself into, strange Elf?" The elf scoffed at him, and replied; "Exactly what it looks like, dwarf; I've fallen into this trap!" Talog gazed upon the Elf pitifully and retorted to the Elf's rude comment; "I don't suppose you'll be needing any help, then?" The Elf crossed its arms and frowned at the dwarf, which of course looked like it was smiling. "If you'd be willing. It seems I don't have much choice. Yes; I could use some help." Talog drew closer to the elf, pulling his axe out of his pack and aiming carefully so that he would not accidentally chop off the Elf's head. "W-What are you doing?" The Elf asked nervously, his voice quivering. He ignored the question, and threw the axe, cutting the rope and releasing the elf from his bindings, the axe hit a nearby tree and shortly fell down; the elf, on the other hand, had a quick drop and a sudden stop. Talog offered his hand to the fallen Elf, and helped him off his feet, now making conversation; "Now that that business is over with, where are you headed, Elf?" The Elf replied quickly. "I'm off to find the nearest tavern for a fine meal and a good nights rest. And... My name is Aldarin. Thank you for your help." Learning the Elf's name, he laughed heartily and continued speaking. "Well I wasn't going to leave you up there to be a bear's roast. Now then, Aldarin, would you mind my company to the closest tavern? I too could use a good meal." He added, offering his hand; "My name is Talog Earthgrinder, it is good luck to have met you." The Elf leered at Talog, sizing him up before taking his hand and shaking it. "Let us depart, then, Talog." The Elf said, right before Talog Earthgrinder and Aldarin Sevlen journeyed into the forest to find shelter.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heya and thank you for your interested in HollowWorld~

I was reading over your application and I noticed that your definitions are incorrect, I'd ask you go over the rules once more and correct them.

Krinon

Villager
Heya and thank you for your interested in HollowWorld~

I was reading over your application and I noticed that your definitions are incorrect, I'd ask you go over the rules once more and correct them.
I've edited my definitions to be more accurate. Thank you!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.