Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Leorthor Ararodwen, The true Elven King

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*smacks both* No, I got one char who is elf and wants to be king so they could work together, and I got as back up a seductive princess with a lust for power

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
I'm just gonna assume you hooded bow wielding types are planning on killing me, no?
I assure you, I still very much have my personal guard. So you are welcome to try.
:)

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
The lore here is a bit... Non-existent however. For one high elves aren't a thing as far as I can find in the lore, and without the "natural claim" to rule by being a high elf, your character kind of loses any reason to strive to be king. Nor is there any visible backstory that would suggest besides being a high elf, there is anything to his character... I by no means want to undermine the fun of having the character, but it's a bit odd you can say your the rightful heir to the throne. However, because I know your updating, so I will wait for the updates before I point out anything else.
I'm just gonna assume you hooded bow wielding types are planning on killing me, no?
I assure you, I still very much have my personal guard. So you are welcome to try.
:)
Trust me, no singular personal guard is going to stop either the Rangers, who are the hooded bow wielding types, and i'm one hundred percent sure if the engem want you dead, your not going to live long. Trying to become a civilized king of the elven people? That's a nono with the engem.

Good luck however, I can't wait to see what interesting RP comes from this once the character is updated!

skuller

Lord of Altera
The lore here is a bit... Non-existent however. For one high elves aren't a thing as far as I can find in the lore, and without the "natural claim" to rule by being a high elf, your character kind of loses any reason to strive to be king. Nor is there any visible backstory that would suggest besides being a high elf, there is anything to his character... I by no means want to undermine the fun of having the character, but it's a bit odd you can say your the rightful heir to the throne. However, because I know your updating, so I will wait for the updates before I point out anything else.

Trust me, no singular personal guard is going to stop either the Rangers, who are the hooded bow wielding types, and i'm one hundred percent sure if the engem want you dead, your not going to live long. Trying to become a civilized king of the elven people? That's a nono with the engem.

Good luck however, I can't wait to see what interesting RP comes from this once the character is updated!
High Elves were before your time. He'd be a Silver Elf now. Let him have his char man we're not trying to stop people from being kings oocly :p

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Your confidence amuses me, and I'll leave it it at that. :)
But i would ask that any Ranger based discussions stay off this thread, thank you.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
So long as the lore team approves of this character coming back or being capable of being said age then I'm sure it's no problem. Just make sure to check with them first so you don't hit any snags! @Faelin @Naelwyn

Good luck in your ventures!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
So long as the lore team approves of this character coming back or being capable of being said age then I'm sure it's no problem. Just make sure to check with them first so you don't hit any snags! @Faelin @Naelwyn

Good luck in your ventures!
There's two things for characters coming back to check against, only one of which is lore.

1) Does this character have any special abilities or things outside the setting that used to be okay but are no longer? Vampirism, lycanthropy, ability to stop time, etc." Looks like an elf to me, and unless I'm missing something substantial, there's no lore issue with the character.

2) Does the character's explanation of their time spent in absentia make sense? This one is more of a gameplay/staff decision than mine, and becomes harder the longer a character has been absent. Especially when roleplay and standards have changed a great deal, usually I'd recommend starting over because much of what the character knows isn't going to make sense and it'd be quite challenging to justify an absence longer than many characters have been alive.

1 is on lore - 1 seems okay.

2 is on everybody, and I can't make a judgement call on that yet personally because I don't know what's being used to explain intervening time.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Considering I think he disappeared around Draco's coronation, you'll need to consider time periods including:

King Draco's reign.
Queen Leminth's reign.
The Exodus. (How'd he get through the Exodus portal to the new world?)
Time elapsed since the Exodus.