Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

niccochenour's Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

niccochenour

Lord of Altera
1.What is your Minecraft username? niccochenour

2. How old are you? 18 years old

3. What country are you from? United States of America

4. Have you read the Kings Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet? Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming- Using out of character knowledge for in character choices
Powergaming- committing an action without giving the player a chance to respond

6. Do we allow x-raying mods or xray texture packs on this server? No

7. Name one of our current mentors. 223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself?
Senior in high school. Major history buff, (explains my liking for medieval history), apprentice at an architecture firm, and run cross country and track. I live in the mid-west of the U.S, but i am planning to go westward for a dual major in architecture and civil engineering. I enjoy being a part of a large community and adding realistic and understandable input.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
attached builds
2016-06-21_22.38.43.png 2016-05-07_14.45.53.png 2015-06-01_15.10.46.png 2014-12-21_01.46.53.png 2015-06-15_12.54.04.png

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
To be one hundred percent honest i was just browsing PMC looking for a new place to play.

Character Name: Darowyn Rinth

Character Age: 49

Character Race: Deepforger Dwarf

Appearance: Standing at 4 foot, Darowyn is slightly larger then most of the other Deepforgers. He has brown hair, tying it back tightly in a knot on the back of his head. His eyes are dark brown, and usually dilated from many hours in the caves. His clothing is seemingly rags, drenched with sweat and many small particles of dirt and rocks. His beard is fairly short, and of similar color to his hair.

Written Test:

The night hung heavy outside of the rocky cliffs. Stars shone like torches in the deep dungeons hidden throughout the land. From inside a great oak door, hidden behinds tons of stone, a short man heaved his pickaxe over his shoulder and headed for his small home.

Walking among the quaint homes, the dwarf kept his eyes down, knowing the eyes above were watching. After a long day deep in the mines, Darowyn found a vein of banded iron that he could not pass up. He knew others were looking on him, thinking he found something great, something extraordinary, but he just found banded iron. He was happy with that though.

Darowyn closed the door to his home on the outskirts of the small village in the cave. He looked around his cold and dark home, a place that was safe to him. He unlocks a chest and places the precious banded iron within the crate, then he pulls out a leather bound journal. He sits down at the table and writes tallies for the amount of ore he just placed within the chest. He places the grummy book back within, and locks the crate once more.

Darowyn stood by a small bowl and doused his bearded face in water. He looked at his callused hands and let out a small grin.

Just years ago, Darowyn looked at these same hands, bloodied and bruised, all while being doused in mud. He remembered the day fondly, the sun was shining, the wind was light. His father, a brewer, sent him to the woods to fetch some wood. As he approached the branches on the ground the wolf came from nowhere and Darowyn used his fists to take its life. From that day on, he was never the same.

His childhood was good. His father was a smith, his brother a tinkerer, and he learned at a very young age to collect the precious metals for both his father and brother. His mother died during childbirth of himself. The family lived in a tiny village at the base of a large mountain. They lived with 3 other families, which were in fact other descendants of their great grandfather Kormik Rinth, and they all worked together strongly and without fault.

All choices were made democratically. The eldest men from each of the three families would vote and the majority won.

On a dark and rainy night, the entire hamlet gathered around a small table as the 4 mean discussed joining forces with a neighboring villages forces in order to drive off the bandits that were terrorizing the lands. With a 3/4 majority, my father and brother set off in forst daylight. After them both hugs I waved them off and watched as they went out of sight over the rocky ridge.

Two days later I heard a voice, yelling "they're back!" And I rushed to see them. Seven men went, but only three were seen returning. Immediately I spotted my father, "praise" I said under my breath, but despite all my squinting and looking, I could not see my brother.

When my father arrived, he dropped into my arms, his tears flowing.
"I couldn't save him Darrow, I just couldn't"

Darowyn wakes up, sweating and out of breath. He looks around his quaint home once more, seeing his chest locked and he sighs and falls back onto his bed. With an audible sigh he rolls over and the power of slumber overtakes him once more.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Few things to look over
-Test is short 294/400 words
-Please mention what kind of alloy it is, as certain alloys need staff approval.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Things to look over:
-steel isn't something that naturally occurs, nor can he have knowledge of how to make it
-For context, bronze is also not allowed. Perhaps, use a banded iron.

Give me a moment as I just woke up.

niccochenour

Lord of Altera
Things to look over:
-steel isn't something that naturally occurs, nor can he have knowledge of how to make it
-For context, bronze is also not allowed. Perhaps, use a banded iron.

Give me a moment as I just woke up.
Changed to Banded Iron as suggested.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Let me see if anyone can whitelist you, until I get to the computer. I'll let you know.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
You should be whitelisted, let me know if it doesn't work after you attempt /warp whitelist