Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Overlord8000's application [ Approved - Paint ]

Overlord8000

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Overlord8000
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?
Metagaming- When you use information that your character would never be able to know in real life circumstances.Example- reading about an illegal drug deal in skype and then calling the guards on it without having interacted or gained knowledge of the drug deal ic.

Powergaming- Forcing actions on other players or roleplaying an action that would never be done in real life. *would triple back flip into space before exploding the planet and killing everyone.*
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)
8. Tell us about yourself!
I live in South Carolina, I am 19 years old and I am about to leave for the United States Army basic training at Fort Sill. I enjoy playing RTS games, indie games and a few console games, I consider my self a very caring person but will do what needs to be done. I love fantasy worlds and above that love dwarves. Dwarves are the very enjoyable race to play as and however, the player base is usually small so its hard to find like minded people on other servers.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Saw it mentioned in a Skype chat.

Character Name:
Grilthram Firehammer
Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
He is 5ft being quite tall amongst his kin. He wears only pants and sometimes shoes wherever he goes. He has a great long orange and red-tinted beard that stretches past his bare chest. He is quite muscular and wears two silver arm bands around his large wrists. Red tinted tattoos mark his body and scars litter his body from great many previous battles. He has shaved his head leaving a long orange and red mohawk about as long as his beard.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Grilthram Firehammer was descendent of the fire hammer clan, A once well-known noble clan from the far-flung mountains of the world. Long has the hold which his family once occupied been ruined and overgrown becoming part of the mountain once more. His family those that survived the downfall of the hold whose cause is lost to his people wander the realm of other races in search of a suitable home. Where at first many a proud fire hammer stood side by side in their caravans transversing the land as a nomadic people. It has come to grilthrams time where only few can call themselves Firehammers, His kin lost to attrition and wars over the past centuries since they had been evicted from their home, some accounts from his mother tell him of battles fought to reclaim his hold from those who remained unnamed were crushed before the gates. It is with a heavy heart that his parents passed away from a disease that inflicted his camp all that remained were but few. His clan scattered to the wind and he himself left broken. His cousins and family who remained split and went their own ways to avoid the plague that had threatened to end them convincing themselves that should all of them die the clan will perish.

After the split of his clan grilthram went out in search of a suitable home however he was confronted with only war. The war between races and creatures of evil it mattered not the gold was good and he found himself in love with the rush of battle. Years of fighting in groups of adventurers looking for fame or acting as a mercenary earned him quite a lot of scars. He prefers to fight shirtless and shoeless as is accustomed to his clan especially when fighting those of a mysterious race. However, he does not shy away from armor seeing it as a prestigious right to bare the metals of the mountain upon his shoulders. In between battles and work he looks for his clan mates or another dwarf to converse with unfortunately his people have drunk deep from the wells of misfortune and there are few who resemble kin. During the exodus, he helped fight back the undead before making it to the boats and here he was just like everyone else alive and ready to start a new life. He could see a few dwarven faces getting off the boat as well, this gave him hope for the revival of his people and he pushed on determined to make the most of this new home.
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there Overlord8000 -

Couple of things I need you to review and work on before I can accept this application;

-The 'About me' needs to be at least 5 sentences long and you're currently at 3 lines.
- I'd also ask you go back to your application and review over your spelling and grammar.
-Your powergaming definition of powergaming is not incorrect but also not fully correct and I want you to go back and read over the rules on it.

Once you do what I've noted above I will go over the application again. You do not need to post another thread, you can use the 'edit' button in the bottom right corner to go over it again.

Warm Regards;
-Paint.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.