Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Portraits from HollowWorld

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
@NinjaTangerine I wanted to explain a bit how I come to draw it as I did and what you can see on the picture. I read your story about being an exile, having little to eat. You described worn clothes, worn and dirty skin, decades of not taking baths. That I wanted to show in his expression. As well as you described how his eyes deepened after seeing bloodshed and war, that's the stuff that speaks to my mind. When you mentioned he wanted to connect to his (in my words) 'old friends' and have revenge on his enemies, I wanted to give him both the look of a man you can trust once you know him, and a man you should fear once you get on his dark side. This is also why I added the pipe to light up his face, and the storm from the left to make his hair more wild, while he stares at you as if he doesn't care about the wind, only one thing in mind: revenge and his friends. A small detail: is pipe says in runes: "Fight for..." What he fights for is not visible in the picture, as it is on the other side of the pipe :p
You're awesome Krummi :heart:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
most accurate portrait I've drawn so far, by chance it's a self-portrait using a mirror.
zelfportret 2014.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Been drawing up some stuff lately, but looking back at former work, I think I've gotten worse D:<
Ghurra and Mhurra.jpg Lana wake.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Much has changed in a few years time. I remember the spontaneous idea of drawing Krimil, years ago when I just joined HollowWorld. It was in the middle of the night. I went on tip-toe-tip on my toes to my desk, silently grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. Went back and drew Krimil on top of a hard-cover book. Come a long way since then, the other picture is the latest Dwarf I've drawn. This is proof that anyone can get there, even without drawing lessons, as long as you keep practicing! Done over 150 portraits by now, to give you a hint on how much practicing I mean. :heart: to all HW artists out there!
Thraall krimil thorinsson.jpg Groimgar.jpg

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Much has changed in a few years time. I remember the spontaneous idea of drawing Krimil, years ago when I just joined HollowWorld. It was in the middle of the night. I went on tip-toe-tip on my toes to my desk, silently grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. Went back and drew Krimil on top of a hard-cover book. Come a long way since then, the other picture is the latest Dwarf I've drawn. This is proof that anyone can get there, even without drawing lessons, as long as you keep practicing! Done over 150 portraits by now, to give you a hint on how much practicing I mean. :heart: to all HW artists out there!
View attachment 62654 View attachment 62655
@Con

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is the character I'll be playing as when I get online after such a long time:
Ralf.
Ralf.jpg