Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PurpleSweetTart's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

1. What is your Minecraft username?

PurpleSweetTart
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Power gaming - Don't be a bully using overwhelming force or words just because you think it will get you ahead or make you look cool. Metagaming - You might know something doc about a war, but your character doesn't know about it so don't say, "I know about this war." when you're character doesn't know about it, it's like squealing.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!

I have a husband. I love him. I have a job. I loathe it with every fiber of my being. I am physically disabled with cerebral palsy, I use a power wheelchair, my hand-eye coordination kinda sucks so I can't play console games. I use a Mac, please don't hate. I play Eve Online as well. My nephews taught me to play Minecraft. My niece is the cutest human on the planet. I'm very good at Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Ask me anything about me, I don't mind.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I went to college for television and film. I have no current projects because I have no money.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

You were on a sever list and I was looking for Economy servers. I can't remember which site, sorry.
About Your Character!

Character Name:

Milren Wexridge

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Appearance:

Milren Wexridge is a pale skinned ginger haired young woman with blue eyes. She is shorter than the average human and much heavier than she'd like to be. She has Little's disease (This is what they called cerebral palsy way back in history - named after the doctor who noticed the symptoms.) She walks with her knees bent and loses her balance often. Her mother gave her the blue dress she wore before she passed away.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

ginger3alextest10042788.png

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change
---

Mother died last year. Father, overcome with grief and smelling of booze, tied me to a wheelbarrow with a rope so I would not lose my balance while walking and paid the harbormaster of our village two bushels of wheat that he might shove me on the first ship leaving for Altera. Father was too drunk to even say goodbye. The harbormaster presented me to the next ship's captain saying, "Take this cripple to Altera." The captain pushed me below and shut me into the feed closet which contained food for the animals. I enjoyed meals of hardtack and muddy water for four days before reaching Altera. The captain push my wheelbarrow violently down the gangplank and I landed face first into the mud. The dress mother gave me was now just a brown rag.

A young man must have saw the debacle. He hurried to me to make sure I was all right. He asked me my name and quietly I waited for him to ask the inevitable question: "Why have you been tied to a wheelbarrow?"
He said his name was Yorigon and listened patiently as I gave him the pertinent details about my physical affliction. He did not seem to pity me and for a moment he looked deep in thought before he said, There is surely a better way for you to get around our country than a wheelbarrow." He whistled through his teeth. A moment later a sturdy grey horse appeared from behind the port office. "This is Ientho, my horse, He'll make things easier. Yorigon untied me from the wheelbarrow, scooped me up in his arms and then mounted the horse. "Hang onto my waist, I promise I won't let you fall. C'mon, Ientho, easy boy." The horse navigated the streets beyond the harbor with a slow and careful trot. "Have you any radiants?" My rescuer asked.
"Any what?" I asked.
"Oh, sorry, you're new here. Radiants are our currency."
"I've never been given any money in my life. My father drank any money he ever made."
"I'm sorry. What are you good at?"
I can read and write, that's about it. Mother taught me. Father couldn't marry me off, none of the village men wanted me. They said I literally couldn't walk down the aisle. I can't sew because my hands are shaky, I can't cook because I drop things, I have this scar on my hand because I dropped a pot of boiling water. I'm pretty hopeless. I don't belong anywhere.
"Nonsense!" said Yorigon. "I happen to know that Mrs. Bolger, the inkeeper's wife is looking for someone to teach her two daughters to read. I'm sure she would feed and board you in exchange for your talents."
"What if they hate me for the way I am?"
"Bah. They are good people and you let me worry about finding you a way to get around easier."
A short time later, we arrived at The Iron Kettle Inn. Yorigon helped me off Ientho and steadied me at my waist while I walked.
Mrs. Bolger greeted us. She was a pudgy, ruddy, pleasant woman with a warming smile. "Good day Yorigon, have you brought me more carrots and beets today?"
"I surely will this afternoon ma'm but for now I've brought you someone to meet." Yorigon pushed me forward gently. "This is Milren, she's fresh off the boat and she can read and write. I thought perhaps she could teach Athelia and Teras to read and write too."
"Oh!" the woman squealed. "Thank goodness you've come. My daughters are being courted by some handsome scholars but the boys' father will not let them marry my girls unless they can read and write by next year. They are lazy about this and have not made any progress at all. They don't understand how serious this is."
"She hasn't money and is a bit..." Yorigon paused. "Shaky on her feet. Promise you'll look after her, her father just shoved her on a ship tied to a wheelbarrow."
"Oh, for shame. Don't you worry, if you can get my daughters to read and write, my husband and I will look after you and maybe we can find a suitor for you too. Athelia, Teras, come meet your new tutor!"
I looked back at Yorigon, "I guess this is goodbye. Thank you for everything." I said.
"Don't worry, you'll see me again, quite soon." Then without hesitation, he kissed me on the forehead and walked back into the streets of Altera.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
For future reference, the name of the planet is Altera, while we're currently in the Eastern Lands/Gottsland/Easa'lach. There's no official name for the continent.

_______
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.