Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished QUESTS!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Rahm's Errand v2.0

Castle speedpaint - Byzwa Dher - Deviantart.com

Because Quest plug-ins are a lot of work to develop and NPC's are not as immersive as actual RolePlayers, I have created this for all of you! (and a little bit for myself, cause I enjoy it too :p )

Whenever you see I log in as The Packman, you can seek out my character for a quest.
So I'll pop online every now and then to see if anyone is interested.

This is the idea:
My character, a packman, will send you for an errand or a mission. He is for instance in need of certain items. These items are scattered through-out Altera.

An Example:
The packman tells you that travelers nowadays take a detour through The Dark Forest instead of over the road, because a pack of wolves is living near that road. After explaining the situation, he will ask you to recruit some brave people to help you fight the wolves at their lair.

I will have created a wolf lair and added signs to let you know you found the right cave. (just so you don't have to guess whether you've actually found the quest spot). I will also name some items, for instance: "Untanned wolf fur" or "Bloody wolf tooth." The people who are doing the quest will have to Roleplay fighting the wolves before collecting the items, if they intend on taking them from the chests.

These items, like an untanned fur, can become awesome new things by roleplaying with others. In the example: Going to a tailor and asking them to tan the raw skin into a soft fur-coat.
This will give your character an amazing legitimately gained coat, but it also gives the quester (which could be you!) a reason to talk to a character of a specific race or profession, to travel to a town they never traveled before, to talk in the inn with people to see if anyone knows of a tailor. It gives people a reason to RP. We will get more immersed with the world and its inhabitants (the players).

Quest ending:
You start the quest by talking to The Packman, and you end the quest by returning to him.
In between these two times, you've roleplayed and performed what was needed for the quest.
My character will give you some kind of reward for helping him out (otherwise it wouldn't be a true quest, now would it?), but the biggest gain you get from doing one of these quests is quality RP time, something hard to come by these days I've noticed. You will have a reason to ask people to join you in RP. Your question in OOC chat: "Anyone up for RP?" will not fall on deaf ears with a reason to RP like one of these quests, I hope.

All in all, it's not about the reward, it's about the roleplay of course. After your adventure, you're left with more than just these items. Completing the quest also adds to your character's depth, the quest becomes a story he/she could tell at the tavern.

Participating players:
When you roleplay with this character, you become a part of a quest as much as the items in it. This could be your own quest, but it could also be someone elses quest. For instance, if you buy a silver decorative axe from The Packman, he might later on have a quest for someone else in which the questee needs a silver axe to cut off some very special branch. This means that there might be players who will look to RP with you, just because you did that one quest a month ago: roleplay is generated! n_n

If anyone is interested in volunteering their region so I can pick a spot and create a small site for one of the quests, PM me in game or send me a forum convo.

IMPORTANT!
Things like "Unidentified [item]" are to be identified by any player with knowledge of the subject. This means that you might one day have an RP with someone that gives you an item named Unidentified branch <PQ>
At that moment, YOU may decide whether or not your character recognizes this branch. If your char does, YOU may think of anything you like, as long as it suits the lore. It could be a very normal branch, or one that is clearly snapped off, or cut off, or chewed on, etc.
USE YOUR IMAGINATION :D

You can recognize quest items by the addition -PQ (stands for Packman Quest)
These items can be used for regular roleplay. The addition -PQ shows it was / is part of a quest. Which means at a certain point some player might be looking for the person who has this item (you).

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
~update:
+ Participating players:
When you roleplay with this character, you become a part of a quest. This could be your own quest, but it could also be someone elses quest. For instance, if you buy a silver decorative axe from The Packman, he might later on have a quest in which the questee needs a silver axe to cut off some very special branch. (your character is still free to do with the axe as he/she pleases. If he / she doesn't want to sell it/loan it out/ give it away. Then that is where the quest ends.) n_n roleplay is generated!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Packman will be staying at the Crossroads Inn! (just need to figure out how to get a room there so that I have a chest for the quest items, anybody knows who to contact?)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If anyone is interested in volunteering their region so I can pick a spot and create a small site for one of the quests, PM me in game or send me a forum convo.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
UPDATE VERY IMPORTANT!
IMPORTANT!
Things like "Unidentified [item]" are to be identified by any player with knowledge of the subject. This means that you might one day have a rp with someone that gives you an item named Unidentified branch <PM>
At that moment, YOU may decide whether or not your character recognizes this branch. If you char does, YOU may think of anything you like, as long as it suits the lore. It could be a very normal branch, or a that is clearly snapped off, or cut off, or chewed on, etc.
USE YOUR IMAGINATION :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
changed the addition <PM> to <PQ> Cause pm was causing confusion: "Who do I pm?" :p
Setting up new quests, cause I almost ran out of them already ! I'm glad people are liking this n_n

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With 7 quests completed and 5 quests active, these missions have inspired already 8 people to go on quests or ask around to reveal mysteries.
If you'd guess that each participant would involve at least 1 other person in its roleplay, that means that these quests have now affected at least 16 people. :D
I am still setting up quests in the sorrows and will soon set up the first one in an actual region!
I hope to keep this up for you guys as long as I can and I will continue to put effort into this when I'm going back to the University in 2 weeks!

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Yes this is cool. I'd love to offer Zima'Maloj and Arget as locations for these quest if you'd like. Just shoot Immerael and I a message if you are interested.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm up for using Stavroforia as part of the quests. Same as above, just boop me when needed.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Added a bunch of quests to the sorrows again! I'd like to remind you that, should you stumble upon a site with signs that say "PQ", please don't interact. I'd hate to send someone on a quest that is already ooc looted :/

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
wohooo! 13 characters have already started doing quests for The Packman.
GOOD NEWS: Sir_Saltington has requested permission to start preparing similar quests as I am for his Adventure Guild.
I'm pleased to know my idea has sparked onto the minds of others and can't wait to see his quests taking shape! The best of luck Sir Saltington !!