Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [Sign Up] [Ongoing] A Pox On Both Your Houses

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Just to clarify-

What is coming down the line is something that I wrote when I was working as a Divine Helper. Jishrim was under my little umbrella of gods at the time, and when the request was put in, I handled the creation of it. Even though I am not directly involved with Divine anymore, what's coming was my brainchild. I know that it may read strangely on the initial sign-up, but it is something that everyone will be participating in in some capacity.

If it goes poorly, you can place the blame fully on me. But I wrote to be interactive for ALL tiers of players. This is just the guise it is being revealed, for now. Stay tuned for 10:00pm EST when I will be clarifying on my little claim post above. :)
I look forward to see what this event (and the campaign in general) brings. It's promising to hear that it was meant to be interactive for all players. Also I won't further clutter the sign up thread after this, heh

this took a long time to make as i had to edit each frame. that's why the text is shaky

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The Pox Arcana is now live, now that the box has been opened and it has seeped into the world. The second post has been updated with the first three stages and a few details. I have posted two particular notes here for clarification. As well, as it shows, this is something that afflicts everyone, but it weakens the mages most severely, and the Blessed are more resistant to it. It will have opportunities abound for interactions on various levels.

------------

Note: We do not want to punish players who have contracted the disease, and want this to provide interesting and fun roleplay opportunities still. You are welcome to play all of this up as much as you like, OR play it down appropriately. We still want it to be an engaging story for all involved, so roleplay its effects as you like.)

Note: As the Pox Arcana progresses, I will reveal further stages and post here when I updated. For those who have signed up as a volunteer, you are the Patient Zeros. You will begin at Stage One as of tonight. It will spread to other individuals from there.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
We do not want to punish players who have contracted the disease, and want this to provide interesting and fun roleplay opportunities still. You are welcome to play all of this up as much as you like, OR play it down appropriately. We still want it to be an engaging story for all involved, so roleplay its effects as you like.)
The disease and its effects are interesting, but I'm curious about this line. How much could one downplay the disease? I do like the idea of not "punishing" those who contracted the disease, but I'd assume there's some ceiling to how loose you can RP the effects, especially since some of them involve trouble casting spells and such.

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
What kinda boils are they? Like are they itchy type where if you pop them they spread more and get aggressive and spread from there?

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
Also, is it skin to skin contact only? Besides the exchange of bodily fluids.

By that I mean, would gloves carry the plague or will it die off after x amount of time? My character tends to wear gloves, so I am trying to figure out how that would work.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
What kinda boils are they? Like are they itchy type where if you pop them they spread more and get aggressive and spread from there?
It says on the thread. You have three or four that are tender and painful to the touch. If it pops it fills back up the next day.

Also, is it skin to skin contact only? Besides the exchange of bodily fluids.

By that I mean, would gloves carry the plague or will it die off after x amount of time? My character tends to wear gloves, so I am trying to figure out how that would work.
Also says on the thread. Skin to skin, or skin to pustule contents. Or consuming blood, pustule contents.

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Judging by the number of people that are currently playing children, how severely does this affect child characters? Generally speaking, children are constantly growing and are more exposed to the environment than adults due to their developing system.

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
It says on the thread. You have three or four that are tender and painful to the touch. If it pops it fills back up the next day.
I guess what I am asking is to clarify if the irritability is due to the beginning of the boils forming on the skin and if the boils are like the type of boils you get with chickenpox or small box where they itch and spread due to the itching and irritability of the skin?

Also says on the thread. Skin to skin, or skin to pustule contents. Or consuming blood, pustule contents
Also clarifying that if the clothes or objects that an infected person touches and a non-infected person interacts with would spread the pox...I know what it says, but just trying to clarify. As if contamination.

thank you

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Judging by the number of people that are currently playing children, how severely does this affect child characters? Generally speaking, children are constantly growing and are more exposed to the environment than adults due to their developing system.
Under this thread of thought.... effects on pregnant characters?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I guess what I am asking is to clarify if the irritability is due to the beginning of the boils forming on the skin and if the boils are like the type of boils you get with chickenpox or small box where they itch and spread due to the itching and irritability of the skin?

Also clarifying that if the clothes or objects that an infected person touches and a non-infected person interacts with would spread the pox...I know what it says, but just trying to clarify. As if contamination.

thank you
At Stage Three, they're not going to spread over your body. You just have three or four.

The clothes or objects will not spread it. Just contact with the person.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It will affect them the same as anyone else, if they come into direct contact with afflicted individuals.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Just throwing it out there that the box was opened in Nid Arach during the "At Withering Depths" event - part 3.
thought some background info might be useful on that and I am kinda proud, okay? :p

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
-Gerry
-Animancy
-Adept

Get me in here (hopefully)
Just noticed this- You missed the window for patient zero sign-ups, unfortunately. But it's out in the world now, so there's always opportunities ad RP unfolds. :)