Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished "Slaughterers of Lydel"

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Is Golden Bay also on that list?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Ehh, I can't promise that he won't be killed...... Ehhh...... Big plans are already made for tomorrow regarding this

Gaby

Lord of Altera
oh, before this turns into a major problem:

when Robert Senatoor killed Therry, he was wearing a disguise: armor that covered his face and body, and made him look like a heavily armored moor elf. (this is not public knowledge. I dont think any details of the attack can be public knowledge)

the characters involved in the sacking of Lydel (Elfa, Therry, Salheira, Habin, along with Robert and Goren), know that this was Robert Senatoor (or rather, they are absolutely sure that it was him) because:

1) Salheira Rain-River, the "target" of this attack, was already aware that Robert was, at the very least, antagonistic towards her. her natural paranoia assumed that the logical conclusion of this would be him hunting her down. this was why she came to Lydel: to hide from her enemies.

2) Robert Senatoor arrived in Lydel shortly before the attack. Salheira, already distrusting of Robert due to previous altercations and threats, felt threatened by his presence. she reacted with fear, and the halflings present picked up on this.

3) in fact, Salheira's bad feelings about Robert were what prompted her, Elfa, and Therry to try and get away from him in the first place, retreating to their hiding place in Elfa's house.

4) my memory may be off (as I was focusing on hiding in Elfa's basement), but I believe that Habin Lydel saw Robert without his armor before Habin was knocked unconscious and shackled. I may be wrong.

5) Salheira and her friends already knew that Goren was working for Robert Senatoor, because it was Goren who attacked Garet Solis at the docks of Aellyr. though Salheira herself did not see Goren, Elfa did.

6) even if Salheira and Therry could not recognize Robert's voice, his disguise happened to make him look like a moor elf. thinking they were attacked by a moor elf, they would assume it was Goren, who is working for Senatoor anyways.

so that is the end of that. however, the specific details of the attack are not public knowledge, and, as rumors go, they will be drastically warped by word of mouth. this means that our characters do not exactly have any raw proof it was Robert Senatoor. only a strong conviction based on deduction and past encounters.

this means that Robert Senatoor could in fact argue that he was never a part of this attack, and possibly convince others to take his side. he could, for example, argue that Goren was part of a cannibalistic cult, and that they attacked Lydel because the inhabitants are peaceful, and could not fight back.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
..Making a warband fer two dudes is a bit overkill. Just one or two could subdue each. :p

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
oh, before this turns into a major problem:

when Robert Senatoor killed Therry, he was wearing a disguise: armor that covered his face and body, and made him look like a heavily armored moor elf. (this is not public knowledge. I dont think any details of the attack can be public knowledge)

the characters involved in the sacking of Lydel (Elfa, Therry, Salheira, Habin, along with Robert and Goren), know that this was Robert Senatoor (or rather, they are absolutely sure that it was him) because:

1) Salheira Rain-River, the "target" of this attack, was already aware that Robert was, at the very least, antagonistic towards her. her natural paranoia assumed that the logical conclusion of this would be him hunting her down. this was why she came to Lydel: to hide from her enemies.

2) Robert Senatoor arrived in Lydel shortly before the attack. Salheira, already distrusting of Robert due to previous altercations and threats, felt threatened by his presence. she reacted with fear, and the halflings present picked up on this.

3) in fact, Salheira's bad feelings about Robert were what prompted her, Elfa, and Therry to try and get away from him in the first place, retreating to their hiding place in Elfa's house.

4) my memory may be off (as I was focusing on hiding in Elfa's basement), but I believe that Habin Lydel saw Robert without his armor before Habin was knocked unconscious and shackled. I may be wrong.

5) Salheira and her friends already knew that Goren was working for Robert Senatoor, because it was Goren who attacked Garet Solis at the docks of Aellyr. though Salheira herself did not see Goren, Elfa did.

6) even if Salheira and Therry could not recognize Robert's voice, his disguise happened to make him look like a moor elf. thinking they were attacked by a moor elf, they would assume it was Goren, who is working for Senatoor anyways.

so that is the end of that. however, the specific details of the attack are not public knowledge, and, as rumors go, they will be drastically warped by word of mouth. this means that our characters do not exactly have any raw proof it was Robert Senatoor. only a strong conviction based on deduction and past encounters.

this means that Robert Senatoor could in fact argue that he was never a part of this attack, and possibly convince others to take his side. he could, for example, argue that Goren was part of a cannibalistic cult, and that they attacked Lydel because the inhabitants are peaceful, and could not fight back.
Tybs is convicted it was him.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
..Making a warband fer two dudes is a bit overkill. Just one or two could subdue each. :p
Robert is the leader of House Senatoor. going after him would summon the wrath of the entire house, and all his allies.

even with the recent desertions (including the one that started this mess in the first place *looks at Garet*), this house will still be significantly powerful, if only by merit of Robert's many allies. you can't just send one or two and not expect them to be killed.

on a side note, you have any idea how many of Robert's enemies have been silently murdered in the past month?