Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sokkenpop [Approved - Sally]

sokkenpop

Lord of Altera
Hi there everyone, Im coming back, so i guess ill have to fill this in once more.

About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

Sokkenpop

2) How old are you?

20 years old and counting ;-)

3) Where are you?

I'm proud to be a Dutchman (in the non-racist way :D)

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yep-pard-dee-doo
5) Introduce yourself!

Im Stefan, and I have been playing on this server for quite some time now. due to personal issues, I have been forced to quit. A lot has changed, and I have not been online for years. It is good to see that some people still know me though. I am an outgoing person who enjoys creativity, originallity and general kindness. In my spare time I enjoy playing the (tenor)sax and I give sailing lessons to children 12-18

6) Got any examples of your work?
I guess the best example would be my town i used to work on in one of the older builds of the server

LINK: CLICK

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
Yes i did, briefly though, couldnt wait to get started again, great job on the starting town though!
----

About your character
Name
:

Sokkenpop, no other, often abbreviated as Sok or Sokken

about 25 years old

Race:

nobody knows for sure, since he always travels hooded and cloaked. He is suspected to be human or elflike

Appearance:

see avatar/signature

---

The test
He was free, he finally was free. Three months it had been since he last smelt the fresh air. How glorious fresh air could smell compared to three months of rats and the smell of his own chamberpot. Although the piece of cloth still stuck to his face and his hands were still bound, Wyk enjoyed the ability to breathe without feeling the need to retch all the time. "He had been sniffing around the lord's garden, picking some of the lord's turnips." They had said. Nobody had made any objection, so he had been forced to sniff on rat droppings and the smell of blood, fear and death down the great dungeons of Elm's Keep. Three months later nothing had remained of the once-so-proud Wyk. Wyk had been a smiths 'prentice before he got caught. He wanted to become a master armourer one day. He could still picturing himself hammering beautiful curves and edges in the helms the knights used to love buying... His daydreaming was brusquely interrupted by some growing noise.

He could hear shouts and screams of the crowd as he felt the sunlight brush his cheeks. The feeling made him believe he had stepped out of the dungeons and onto some square. He shuddered when he was dragged onto something made of wood, some kind of stage. Something felt suspicious...

When they took off the blindfold, fear struck as suddenly as lightning bolt. He was on the market square, in the middle of a crowd, and on the balcony sat Lord Elmstruck, in his ornate wooden chair, decorated with ruby and onyx leaves, the top wrought upward in to a giant elm tree. He sat there, with eyes of a deep purple the way amethysts could shine. The mob could be heard shouting "Away with his 'ead" and "Death! Kill him!" The Lord stood up abruptly.

"People of Elm's Keep. I hereby present you, the traitor, Wyk, the smiths apprentice. He has been accused of treason by stealing your food. This was your food. Now he must be punished accordingly, what say you?".

The mob became a turmoil of sounds, until the lord screeched "Silence! I have heard your voices and your prayers. As he plucked our turnips, now his head shall be plucked by justice."

The headsman came forward, a rather tall man, all hooded and cloaked in dirty, muddy garments of something what once could have been blue or grey. He wielded a giant two-handed axe in his left hand as it was a feather. Wyk was placed onto a chopping block as the headsman sharpened his axe. Something felt wrong. Really wrong. Wyk was drunk with fear and could no longer pay attention to what was happening around him. The Lord made a gesture, and in the corner of his eye Wyk saw the axe coming down. He was going to die.

As the axe was on its highest point, the headman threw it aside, and whistled loudly. The crowd parted to let other hooded and cloacked men trough. They were ahorse. The last thing Wyk remembered, was that he had been thrown upon one horse like a sack of apples. He lost consciousness shortly after.

When he woke, the headsman was the only one that remained. He was seated in a log in the middle of some field.

"What happened?" grunted Wyk. He could see the hood and cloak of the headsman had been exchanged for one so white it almost blinded his eyes. The headman looked more like some cleric or priest in his white cloak. Wyk looked closely and saw his cloak was trimmed purple, as was his half-mask. his eyes shone a bright red, like highly polished rubies.

"What happened?" he asked once more. The priest said nothing, gave him an apple, and walked away slowly. Wyk took a bite of the apple, and lost consciousness shortly after again.

Hours later, Wyk waked again.
He was free, he finally was free.

NOTE: the story was a bit of side-lore to Sokkenpop the priest, as a character

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Juuuust making sure-

Are you aware that magic is heavily restricted and that your character will have no skills/powers whatsoever? He'll be just a normal guy.

sokkenpop

Lord of Altera
Juuuust making sure-

Are you aware that magic is heavily restricted and that your character will have no skills/powers whatsoever? He'll be just a normal guy.
Happy to see you too Sal haha.

Yep i do, the character is a priest and uses cheap tricks, wits and speed to perform acts like this one.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Happy to see you too Sal haha.

Yep i do, the character is a priest and uses cheap tricks, wits and speed to perform acts like this one.
Just doing my job.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine any tricks that can do the things listed in the story, making a guy disappear just before his head gets chopped off? "his eyes shone a bright red, as if he was looking into a fire of extreme heat." and lastly: "gave him an apple, and vanished as if the wind itself had taken him away."

Those skills seem far too OP to use in RP, so please remove them and downpower your character as if he was new.
I'll explain it the way I'm reading it, so hopefully there's no misunderstandings, I'm not trying to be cruel, I'm trying to make sure that every character is made and brought in fairly so everyone can RP in semi peace.

(There's also this guide that might help as well)

The description says he's wearing a mask, but also a hood that disguises his race, but it shows his eyes clearly enough to look like fire? Not even that but fire of extreme heat? Unless he had hot iron on his eyeballs (Which'd.. kinda burn his eyes out) then I don't see any sort of trick that wouldn't leave Sokken blinded. Glowing eyes are a big no-no by the way, unless approved by lore peoples.

The words "Gave him an apple" implies it was close to Wyk, which rings alarm bells of "Over powered" if he simply vanishes from being more or less than a foot away from him. Unless Wyk was in and out of consciousness and completely unable to discern how much time was happening (Possibly drugged? But drugs are discouraged on HW-) but that isn't described, so I have to unfortunately assume that Sokken disappeared using these 'tricks'. This level of speed can't be used in Altera, it's just impossible, people can't just vanish from sight, not even with a potion of invisibility. (you can see our potions lore >here< )

Now other than that- I am happy to approve this as soon as I make sure you're aware of HollowWorld's rules and lore, and of course, willing to downpower your character.

sokkenpop

Lord of Altera
No offence taken sal! I guess I wrote a bit more dramatically than I meant to, I edited it, and hope the changed version will do

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Thank you so much for understanding :D and making the edits! I really appreciate it~

Sorry for the process taking so long, but without further delay:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

sokkenpop

Lord of Altera
Just out of curiosity, was that a standard copied post?

Well.. The last part of it, also, I ant find anything about the nameless one (goddess of magic) has she disappeared, or has another deity taken the place of magic God? Or is magic in general no longer supported in any way? Can't seem to find any decisive evidence on either.

Regards n kisses

Sok

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Just out of curiosity, was that a standard copied post?

Well.. The last part of it, also, I ant find anything about the nameless one (goddess of magic) has she disappeared, or has another deity taken the place of magic God? Or is magic in general no longer supported in any way? Can't seem to find any decisive evidence on either.

Regards n kisses

Sok
The second it says "Congratulations"- yes :p We found through a long method of testing that players have a much lower chance of breaking rules with that specific copy/paste'd message xD

Over 'ere! http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/official-lore.26/
(In the magic section)
And I'd definitely recommend reading the God lore, it's recently been redone (and yes, the unnamed goddess of magic is gone) and is absolutely amazing to read: http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/the-gods-of-altera.183/