Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Elder Scrolls Online.

Sephyrius

Loyal Servant of Altera
Bloody hell, nevermind then, was just offering up first impressions and see what others knew about it, but if this is what it's gonna be like I'm out.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Bloody hell, nevermind then, was just offering up first impressions and see what others knew about it, but if this is what it's gonna be like I'm out.
Please refrain from deleting posts like that. And what was you wanting from this thread? A bunch of people gushingly agreeing with you?

What a boring place the internet would be if that happened.

You asked for our thoughts - we gave them to you.

Sephyrius

Loyal Servant of Altera
Please refrain from deleting posts like that. And what was you wanting from this thread? A bunch of people gushingly agreeing with you?

What a boring place the internet would be if that happened.

You asked for our thoughts - we gave them to you.
I agree that I didn't know that the info in those vids was outdated and would gladly stand corrected, but if it's gonna be a "Please play all MMORPGs, read these 50 pages about all the game features and wait for it to be released before forming an opinion" that I'm not a fan of, because I thought it was pretty clear that it was just first impressions.

But okay, I apologize. I was just worried about whether a wonderful and intricate game series would start to appease teens for sales growth.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
But okay, I apologize. I was just worried about whether a wonderful and intricate game series would start to appease teens for sales growth.
Unfortunatly it is one of the only effective ways of getting the next generation to buy it.

Spark

Broken
Too be fair they are a business. Their primary objective at the end of day is to increase sales, not to please the minority..

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Oh, the thread is back? good.

Dear everyone, please calm down. Your fanboying is crushing what could be a fine discussion.

Now, let me debunk some points in a calm, professional manner, rather than the spewing of "OH READ STUFF DAMMIT" that has been posted.

1. Bethesda does not own Zenimax Online Studios. Zenimax Media owns Bethesda, Zenimax Online Studios, as well as a number of other separate subsidiaries. In the same way Activision owns Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and a number of other subsidiaries. The people in Blizzard certainly aren't the same people in Infinity ward, even though they are both under the same parent company. In the same way I would worry about Warcraft 4 to be made by Infinity Ward rather than Blizzard, I worry about Zenimax Online Studios making the next TES game instead of Bethesda.

2. My worries aren't unfounded. Mark Firor is the president of Zenimax Online Studios, and he has had a hand in making many other MMOs before. All of his MMOs look fairly similar. The only gameplay footage they have released looks strikingly similar to other MMOs he has worked on. They have promised a much different outcome, and if that is true, wonderful! However, I will not count my chickens before they hatch.

3. What I want from a TES MMO is TES with other players. I don't want traditional MMO mechanics with a TES setting. Yes, the hotbar is going to be minimized, and a number of other changes to be a bit more TES-like, But the fact is as it looks from what they have shown so far that it will be very close to traditional MMO, rather than a multiplayer TES game.

4. Finally, to all the responses that are sure to follow about what the dev team has said, I agree in the idea that it would be amazing if everything they say gets implemented. I would love it. However, I've seen many MMOs that promise some super amazing stuff, and then the results are far below what was promised. Conan, I'm looking at you. And Champions. and Aion. I'm sure I could go on. Fact is I look at what is presented, not what is promised, and so far it looks like a fairly bland MMO that only is TES in setting.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Pffffft... Activision doesn't own Blizzard. Blizzard Activision does. It has two big sub-companies which are Activision and Blizzard.

Also, the president is called Matt Firor, not Mark. And I wouldn't say that Matt Firor's MMO's and so on are exactly the same. He's known for making Dark Age of Camelot. Of what I know, Dark Age of Camelot and The Elder Scrolls Online are no near the same.

And ZeniMax Media's division is Bethesda Softworks. ZeniMax Online Studios is a subdiary of ZeniMax Media.

Nobody ever said there would be a TES game but online. I don't even see why they would make it. It would be a pain in their butts to do it, and would eventually take years. You should be happy that they're even making a game related to TES, and live with it instead of demanding them to screw it over and copy-paste all the TES games into one, and add online.

Everything they've said has been confirmed, and will be implemented.

And I definetly wonder why it just looks like a MMORPG with a TES setting... Uhm.. Possibly because that's what it's meant to be. However I must agree with you about Conan. When I heard about it, I was expecting an amazing game. Tried it, and it was nowhere near my expectations.

Last thing, I don't like being called a fanboy. Just because I have my living sources, infinite researching, part in the gaming industry and more, it doesn't mean I'm a freaking fanboy. I'm so sorry that I know a few things, please, kill me now. Burn me if you'd like to.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
if ya'll want to see it changed go apply for the closed beta and try and get accepted and then form your opinions to the staff that run the game that's the only way to change mmorpgs before they come out.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
if ya'll want to see it changed go apply for the closed beta and try and get accepted and then form your opinions to the staff that run the game that's the only way to change mmorpgs before they come out.
I signed up the second it was announced. But if you read their FAQ, they say that the beta will only be open at specific times for a few weeks/months. It's not open yet, no one have been invited to the beta yet.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
love that calm and rational response.

And with that, I'll take me leave. TES Online looks like every other MMO right now, and until they show something, and not just say it exists, then I'll say otherwise, which I really, really, seriously, hope does happen.

Good day, and please don't let me stop your fanboy party and shoutting down anyone that says anything different.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
love that calm and rational response.

And with that, I'll take me leave. TES Online looks like every other MMO right now, and until they show something, and not just say it exists, then I'll say otherwise, which I really, really, seriously, hope does happen.

Good day, and please don't let me stop your fanboy party and shoutting down anyone that says anything different.
Shush about the damn fanboy thing. People like you really pisses me off. And you should keep an eye on your sarcasm bar. I think it's starting to get overloaded.

The Elder Scrolls Online is already unique. If you would spend a few minutes going to their site and READING a few things, you would already notice the difference between The Elder Scrolls Online and, let's say World of Warcraft.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
TES Online looks like every other MMO right now
What do you want it to look like? My Little Pony Adventure? Single Player instead of Multiplayer? 2D instead of 3D? Do you not see how stupid that sounds?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
3. What I want from a TES MMO is TES with other players. ...
Really not that hard to understand.

When you suggest outlandish things like you just did, do you not see how stupid that sounds?

Anyways, I'm done. Really would have loved to have had a rational conversation. Oh well.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff

When you suggest outlandish things like you just did, do you not see how stupid that sounds?

Anyways, I'm done. Really would have loved to have had a rational conversation. Oh well.
They said that they were making TESO as an elder scrolls game but with mmo features in the gamplay trailer...

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff

A rational conversation is one where you evaluate the game based on our knowledge of it. Not by making assumptions based on screenshots. You said it LOOKS like every other MMO. Well of course it does! What else would it look like? Do you not see my point? How else do you expect it to LOOK? What is important is how it plays, no? And we won't find that out until beta.

I too hope it lives up to being like TES but with other players. But I'm not going to make shallow judgements like, 'it looks like every other mmo', thats just stating the obvious IMHO.